Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Hypothetical

Camino LS6

Oh gee... I suck at making decisions. That and having to be domestic goes against my automotive beliefs. I'd rather buy a few different cars from any manufacturer, domestic or not, for $35k than waste it on just one. To add to all that, an automobile isn't fun as a collector item either, so highly collectible cars are contradictive purchases. Me? I'd buy that Alfa GTV6 I've been gawking over, two 88 Fieros (GT and Formula), a first gen Q45, an MG MGB, an E30 BMW 325i, and.... either a Bonneville SSEi or another Millenia. :P See? I get to satify more senses this way. :D

Posted Image

K-Car?! Yeah, okay. Obviously, the car in question is a 1983 Cadillac Seville DIESEL!

What did I win?  :lol:

226181[/snapback]

That Seville was such a beautiful generation back in the day. A family at my parent’s church had one (well, quite a few families did, actually) and they were close friends. I always loved riding in it.

Wow!

I can't believe that two of my all-time most hated designs showed up in this thread(sorry Ven, I have always hated that gen Seville with a passion)

Anyway, one last-minute clue before I give the answer:

You could name this car using only 3 characters, yes just 3 keystrokes and we'd all know the car. I'll give you a few minutes.

I'd have to add a 1989 Turbo Trans Am to the list even if it nowhere near the car you're thinking of.

I'd also second the Buick GNX and add a couple of older cars to the list.

1970 Buick GSX Convertible

1968 Camaro RS/SS Convertible

1957 Nomad

The ZR1? Haha... I was so thinking of that, but figured that was too easy, and you were thinking of something older. :P

226288[/snapback]

:lol: Nah, I've been watching ZR-1 prices for quite a while now and they are a bargain. Most people forgot about them when the Zo6 hit the showrooms and the prices have fallen. The car is one of the most significant Corvettes ever and far outclassed the competition of the day. I'd like to own one. Add to that, the fact that many of them have been babied and have low-miles and the car is hard to deny.

I could name quite a few older cars that fit in here, but most of them would not be 1-owner,low-mileage cars. Those would exceed the budget in many cases. I'd look for a big block El Camino SS but I don't think it would meet all the search criteria. :(

:lol:  Nah, I've been watching ZR-1 prices for quite a while now and they are a bargain. Most people forgot about them when the Zo6 hit the showrooms and the prices have fallen. The car is one of the most significant Corvettes ever and far outclassed the competition of the day. I'd like to own one. Add to that, the fact that many of them have been babied and have low-miles and the car is hard to deny.

226290[/snapback]

Yeah, I definitely agree. I love the ZR1. I'd take one over a ZO6. Namely since I think the C4s looked better, that lotus designed DOHC V8, and who needs 500 hp? Not me. :D

A ZR1 for $35K? not too many around for that price!

How about this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-chevy-...1QQcmdZViewItem

+ $33,XXX to restore it with.

A BiTurbo 572, IRS, 6-speed and tube-chassis frame would be nice.

How about this:

226320[/snapback]

Hah! I dunno if you noticed, Sixty8, but the Elky in question is located in a very depressing town by the name of Caldwell, Idaho. :lol:

But he's absolutely right; buy something cool like this and restore it!

I also posted this in my "random & misc." thread... it is by FAR

the coolest way to impress, confuse & blow people's doors off!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Dodge-...1QQcmdZViewItem

How about this:

226320[/snapback]

They are out there for much less than 35. i personally know i guy who sold one of the two he had for only 24K. I can't believe that i didn't think of it.

I wonder if I could find a Dino for 35,000 ...probably but I doubt it would be real low mileage. You can actually get 365 Boxers for 35,000 but who could afford the engine rebuild ?

I'd shop around for 930's (911TC) or even a nice 928 too. Could probably get into a 928 and G2 Aurora with money to spare to keep the 928 nice.

I just remembered you said Domestic.........how about a really nice 68 442 ? screw the mileage and who owned it as long as its really nice......Wait maybe I want a 68 Skylark instead..............naw, have to stick with the 67 Riv GS. Maybe all three with enough left over for car covers ?....... :lol:

Most of the cars Id be interested in would be past the first owner and mid mileage. The C4's & C5's are the only cars that might not be. Then a low mile car, you want to keep low mile...its no fun at all. Its still always better to buy a decent car for a few thousand more than save a few and have a major project.

This Camaro

This GTO

or this Trans Am

i would love a 1968-69 Corvette L71 tho... and if i could get an L88 for under 35k i think i would die from euphoria

A used CTS-v, maybe..

There are a lot of cars in that price range I'd be interested in, but most are imports....like a:

'90s Acura NSX

mid-90s Porsche 911 (993)

late model Porsche Boxster S

2002-2003 BMW M3

2003 BMW M5

to name a few found on ebaY..

$35k is a great price point..there are a lot of appealing cars that have depreciated to that point.

If I were buying a daily driver now, I'd look for a new car in the $35-40k range, but for a non-primary car, I could find something quite appealing for that price..

$35k is a great price point..there are a lot of appealing cars that have depreciated to that point.

If I were buying a daily driver now, I'd look for a new car in the $35-40k range, but for a non-primary car, I could find something quite appealing for that price..

227002[/snapback]

Which is exactly why I started this thread. :AH-HA_wink:

I'm surprized everyone overlooked my 1958 Chrysler VIPER RT/10

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Dodge-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted Image

K-Car?! Yeah, okay. Obviously, the car in question is a 1983 Cadillac Seville DIESEL!

What did I win?  :lol:

226181[/snapback]

I would have said take back the Seville from my father-in-law and completely restore it to factory spec, if the KBB wasn't four HUNDRED dollars... :blink:

Edit: I was going to try to verify the number, but KBB doesn't go back to 1985 anymore.

Edited by aaaantoine