Sign in to follow this  
matt41

POLL: Member Galleries

Who Wants Member Galleries?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wants Member Galleries?

• YES
    • NO

Yes, but galleries should be reserved for talented artists.

225965[/snapback]

Agreed. :lol:

225967[/snapback]

VERY funny. Ha, ha. REAL nice. So maybe I'm not the best photoshopper in the world, but I think my drawings are at least good.

Out of the interests of fairness and my not being a total fartnucker, I think whoever wants a "portfolio" should get one.

But the artist has to be a person who submits often, and is always improving their pictures/chops/drawings including the ones that have been already posted. They should also be listening to criticism from other members and taking suggestions as to how their work can be improved.

I vote Yes.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Since it apparently got lost in the moment, as said, if you want to start a personal Gallery thread in the Showcase, go right ahead.

Or, go to DeviantART

It is a good idea though, and as Fly said, you can make a thread for it...just put GOOD stuff in there :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Or, go to DeviantART

NO!!!!!!!

When you click accept on Deviantart's TOS, you allow them to share copyright with you, which means that they can use your work however they see fit, without your permission, not to mention the downright obscene level of art theft there. I don't like deviantart one bit.

Yes, but galleries should be reserved for talented artists.

What's your deal? Check the ego and attitude at the door. If you don't what is shown in tha galleries, then feel free to leave this site. please.

Out of the interests of fairness and my not being a total fartnucker, I think whoever wants a "portfolio" should get one.

But the artist has to be a person who submits often, and is always improving their pictures/chops/drawings including the ones that have been already posted. They should also be listening to criticism from other members and taking suggestions as to how their work can be improved.

I vote Yes.

...and I add, such criticism shouldn't be immature or insulting (you know who you are). Otherwise I say there be a pre-review process to post to a gallery, and perhaps different skill level specific galleries.

Sometimes criticizm must be harsh for the artist in question to actually acknowledge it. The problem with DA is that people are so nice that even if a piece of artwork truly sucks...they won't say it...so the artist continues to not improve. It's important that criticism include contructive elements, but it's also important that the artist listen.

Sometimes criticizm must be harsh for the artist in question to actually acknowledge it. The problem with DA is that people are so nice that even if a piece of artwork truly sucks...they won't say it...so the artist continues to not improve. It's important that criticism include contructive elements, but it's also important that the artist listen.

Missed my point completely. harsh is fine. Immature and insulting means the artist doesn't have to listen. Allot of the input is opinion anyways so not sure why the constraint the artist must listen is there. Its up to them to take or leave it. Bottom line: provide input that is constructive without resorting to saying someone has no talent or has abilities of a six year old.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook