Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spring Hill - Not dead yet

I don't like the sound of this. Why compete with a failing product like Ridgeline?

It's not failing. The brand new Avalanche (priced only slightly higher than the Honda) BARELY outsells the Ridgeline. And I expect the next-generation Ridgeline to be a big seller.

This "failing" product has inspired GM and Ford to create versions of their own.

Edited by Hudson

It's not failing. The brand new Avalanche (priced only slightly higher than the Honda) BARELY outsells the Ridgeline. And I expect the next-generation Ridgeline to be a big seller.

This "failing" product has inspired GM and Ford to create versions of their own.

228230[/snapback]

Whoa! Wait a minute here. I seem to recall hearing that the Ridgeline was already marked by Honda for extinction due to slow sales? I certainly don't see very many on the road.

Also, if any inspiring was done it was done by the Avalanche, not the Ridgeline.

228230[/snapback]

I hardly consider the Avalanche and Ridgeline true competitors. Completely different products, that look very similar. (Maybe b/c they share the same designer, hmmmm?)

Two different price brackets, and categories. The Ridgeline is a crossover sedan truck if you will, and the Avalanche is a LARGE truck, with reconfigurable bed and 2nd row.

Despite what the honda kool-aid says, i doubt they are cross shopped. period.

And the Avalanche is NOT a mainstream product, IS more expensive, and i wouldn't expect it to sell tons a month.

And i ALSO heard & read, that the future of the ridgeline is being "debated".

Edited by jbartley

The Ridgeline is a glorified car with a really big trunk without a lid and a high stance. Thats it! The Av IS a truck. two totally different vehicles all together. imo.

I see very few Hondalanches on the road. (and they are all silver for some reason)There are Chevys all over the place (an avalanche of them if you will) :lol:

Posted Image

Per FlyBrain's request.

Yes it sucks, the drawing may be my usual mediocre execution but

it's the concept of a unibody FWD "truck" that should really disturb

you,, this is one segment I do NOT see growing much. Just let VW

jump in with a new el-Rabbit-camino and then move on to more

important segments like REAL trucks and SUVs.

Wasn't Dodge looking at making a FWD, HEMI powered truck, much like the Ridgeline?

I believe it was called the Rampage.

228289[/snapback]

It's funny cause it's true! Ahhh... the circle of life. :P

I forgot all about this concept... I thought you were

refering to the '80s rampage which probably came

with a Mitsubishi made HEMI, even those were only

four cylinders. If they make a transverse mounted

5.7 HEMI powered truck it will be the biggest POS

ever from Mopar. Chrysler can not make a trans-

mission that will hold up for more than 40,000 miles

in a 110 horsepower Dodge Caravan... so how the

hell will this do in terms of durarbility & longevity?!

That is honestly one of the STUPIDEST ideas I have

ever heard in my life. Just buil dthe truck off the LX

platform if you want it "car-based". That chassis is

already equiped to accept AWd and the HEMI.

• 8 months later...