Sign in to follow this  
Fordfan1

Ford Ranger Design Concept

12 posts in this topic

I was checking out the Ford Equator Concept and thought it would be pretty cool as a ranger so i started to photoshop around and see what i could come up with. Well i am going from start to finish on this. The 2008 Ford Ranger Design Concept Truck. This is just a design concept with everybodys opinion that i recieve i will put that into the final product and see how it looks hope you guys enjoy this one

Posted Image

If i start to get a lot of comments then i might have a lot of different versions for this one truck. Each site i put it on will have different comments so thats why there will be different designs

Websites i am posting this on is

Blueovalnews

Cheers and Gears

GmInsideNews

Car Spy Shots

I Know this is a big project but it will help me out in my techniques and my photoshop skills

Interesting take, although it makes me think of the H3T, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

One thing I'd like to see is how this would look as a four door drew cab, maybe in a more, "street oriented" theme.

1. There's currently a vertical seam in the pickup box that doesn't look like it belongs there. Move it forward to the B pillar and it will look more like a typical pickup truck.

2. Just behind that seam, there's a small bulge where the sheetmetal meets the background. Try to iron that out.

3. Round the edges on the driver's side of the grille, just like they're rounded on the passenger side.

4. The driver's side vertical beam in the grille is not the same size as the one on the passenger side.

5. Ford needs a new compact pickup truck more than Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown need to stop snorting coke. Your overall design looks like the right direction for one.

The entire design is far too chunky/blocky for me. Along with that, the face is far too flat. I like the direction you're taking, but make the face more like the direction Ford is going (tri-bar grille?) and soften the edges on this one. Oh, and the wheels look like Hummer wheels.

Kind of plain but I like it a million times more than

the current 2-decade old POS Ford is selling...

Kind of plain but I like it a million times more than

the current 2-decade old POS Ford is selling...

227738[/snapback]

But Sity8...it's a retro, RWD, BOF vehicle...that you can buy new! What's not to love? :P

I kinda get a Nissan Frontier vibe to it with the Jeep truck concept they should in an auto show. I like those body colored accents to the wheels. :thumbsup:

But Sity8...it's a retro, RWD, BOF vehicle...that you can buy new! What's not to love? :P

228381[/snapback]

If the Crown Vic is outdated and obsolete than the Ranger was

outdated, lame & obsolete in like 1994. I hate Rangers... I've

driven several in the past decade and they all leave me feeling

cramped and uncomfortable, they corner like a box-truck and

feel cheaper than most economy cars.

It looks a little too much like the H3T, but a good place to start. Ford needs a new ranger badly. I actually think the ranger name should be retired altogether.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this