Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Edmunds Evaluation: 2008 Volvo C30

9 posts in this topic

Variance    0

Edmunds Evaluation: 2008 Volvo C30

Posted Image

If you're under 40, chances are you haven't ever craved a Volvo. Well, be prepared to crave. With the 2008 Volvo C30, Volvos will no longer only be bought by those who value practicality, safety and understated versatility.

Volvo's marketing boffins are claiming the C30 is a sport coupe that will appeal to couples aged 25-35 who are yet to breed, or the over-50s whose children have fled the nest. Moreover, they reckon that 75 percent of customers will be new to the Volvo brand. This Volvo seeks to steer trendy, affluent urbanites away from Audi TTs, Mini Coopers and Volkswagen GTIs, and it's priced to do so, starting around $23,000.

Although the C30 arrives in the U.S. next summer, it has already gone on sale in Europe so we headed for the U.K. and sampled one on the wrong side of the road.

Edmunds

loki    289

looks kinda like a a slightly longer crx from the pic... kinda... maybe i'm thinking of a +sized civic newer model...

looks pretty good... the front just looks kinda odd on something like that :lol:

MyerShift    7

Pretty interesting. Seems like almost everyone has a hot hatch again... wait, not everyone. Ford's missing out (except in Europe) because even GM has one coming- Opel Astra GTC OPC=Saturn Astra Red Line.

Sure is good looking, but the S40/V50 are too. The rear window is perhaps the oddest (and most identifying and unique) aspect of the design.

Can't wait to really look one over at the 2007 NAIAS.

ocnblu    733
Look at the P1800 (?) and you'll see a definite evolution of that design in this car. I love this thing, and was considering one strongly at one point. Without option prices however, I feared a quick ring-up in price. The website is awesome, however. Check it out.

sciguy_0504    0

It is quite sexy for a Volvo but I'm not complete sold on the rear end. The rest of it appears to be sporty and handsome.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this