Sign in to follow this  
Z-06

TURD's Pictures

61 posts in this topic

FAPTurbo    1,080

Meh, that interior doesn't sell me. Maybe it'll look better in person, but that plastic, especially the silver looks cheap and hollow.

And the exterior: Ugly.

Variance    0

I kind of like the interior with the brown leather.

The work truck version doesn't look appealing but that's to be expected since nobody's work trim truck looks all that great and looking good isn't the point anyway.

Bizz    0

second temp gauge?  I am wodnering what the hell there is a second CENTER STACK for?

228049[/snapback]

yeah, i wondered why they would place all the most frequently used bits so far away. so, i checked toyota.com and apparently the truck comes with one of these:

Posted Image

mustang84    12

Pretty much everything about the interior screams cheap except for the King Ranch rip-off edition...heaven forbid Toyota actually do something original.

This interior is supposed to be the big threat for GM's new trucks? Please...

ocnblu    733
Look again at the picture of the regular cab work truck interior and please tell me if there's something wrong with my eyeballs. It looks like there's a double exposure going on there. Is the door open, or closed? :huh:

Nick    31

I don't like either interiors, personally...

In fact, the more I see the silverado interior the more I notice how cheap it really looks. That fake wood sticker thing they use on the interior (or whatever it is...frankly I don't care) looks like absolute crap. Hell....the center console all together looks like absolute crap.

Unfortunately, the Tundra has some nice interior styling elements going for it, but there is just too much. I especially like the gloss black section of the center console area. I don't understand what that filler piece used in place of the far left switch/knob on the silver console area is supposed to be on the first few shots though. The dash is too upright for me and the steering wheel sucks as well.

It's a shame...the more I look at the Tundra interior, the more it is growing on me. The opposite effect is happening with the GMT-900 interior. I mean, at least, if anything, the Tundra interior is original.

bowtie_dude    0

Without the doctoring of the official press photos, the interior fails to impress. That brushed aluminum looks unbearably cheap. The GMT900s have nothing to fear from this poser, althought the Titan and Ridgeline certainly do.

This rapes it:

Posted Image

And its not even a Denali interior.

Edited by bowtie_dude

Camino LS6    866

I kind of like the interior with the brown leather.

The work truck version doesn't look appealing but that's to be expected since nobody's work trim truck looks all that great and looking good isn't the point anyway.

228010[/snapback]

Have to disagree on both points. The brown leather interior looks like a cheap parts swap to me.

I actually like the Silverado "work truck" interior better than the "upscale" version, and both of them better than either Tundra interior. This Toyota is nasty looking in and out.

Camino LS6    866

Look again at the picture of the regular cab work truck interior and please tell me if there's something wrong with my eyeballs.  It looks like there's a double exposure going on there.  Is the door open, or closed? :huh:

228065[/snapback]

Good catch,Ocn! You are absolutely right, the door was open in one shot and closed in another what we are seeing is a bad merging of the two. How could someone release a pic like that! :duh::blink:

Drew Dowdell    4,993

Posted Image

So... wait... is the an option available that would put buttons on the right side of the wheel there or not?

What about balance?

Even if you can't balance it out, don't make it look like something is supposed to be there but isn't.

I don't like either interiors, personally...

In fact, the more I see the silverado interior the more I notice how cheap it really looks. That fake wood sticker thing they use on the interior (or whatever it is...frankly I don't care) looks like absolute crap. Hell....the center console all together looks like absolute crap.

Unfortunately, the Tundra has some nice interior styling elements going for it, but there is just too much. I especially like the gloss black section of the center console area. I don't understand what that filler piece used in place of the far left switch/knob on the silver console area is supposed to be on the first few shots though. The dash is too upright for me and the steering wheel sucks as well.

It's a shame...the more I look at the Tundra interior, the more it is growing on me. The opposite effect is happening with the GMT-900 interior. I mean, at least, if anything, the Tundra interior is original.

228068[/snapback]

Dude I usually agree with you, but I totally disagree with you on this one. The Tundra looks VERY cheap IMO, too many buttons in too many places and the materials looks cheap, especially that steering wheel. Trucks buyers like too keep it simple and all those tiny buttons and gated? shifter makes the ergonomics horrible in apperance. But this is America and we are free to buy and opinion as we choose, however this is NO threat to GM or even Ford for that matter.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this