Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Nissan to Revive the SX/Silvia?

Variance

Nissan to Revive the SX/Silvia?

Posted Image

Call it the Silvia or the 240SX or the 200SX (read up on the various names of the 200SX and where they were sold in the world here), but Nissan's now demised budget rear-wheel drive platform has been sorely missed in its homeland of Japan, in our own North America and elsewhere around the world. Word has it, however, that Nissan is considering a new rear-wheel drive coupe that would take up the 200SX cause of rear-wheel drive fun for the huddled masses. The Foria Concept (shown above) that debuted at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show is the front running candidate to become a new 200SX, considering the good reaction it garnered at that year's show.

Autoblog

Wow... taht is UG-LEEEEE!!!!

I'm all about another cheap, lightweight RWD platform

for Nissan but this thing looks like a cheap Korean

rippoff of the Scion Tc. Gross.

evolution of the last Silvia please.... (or a retro 510)

For me, that concept has stood out. I love it, and the idear behind it. An intimate, 4 seater, RWD coupe with modern/retro styling from Datsun. Waaaaay better looking than the Altima coupe. Does anyone have any more pictures of it to post? :)

Though I was never impressed with that concept, I idea of a 200SX successor is a great idea. I hope Nissan follows through with it. I wouldn't be suprised if Infiniti used the lightweight, RWD plaform to underpin a fun, compact RWD car possitioned under the G. Ideally, it would combat the 1-Series directly, but also compete with the Volvo C30, Audi A3, and Acura TSX.

For me, that concept has stood out.  I love it, and the idear behind it.  An intimate, 4 seater, RWD coupe with modern/retro styling from Datsun.  Waaaaay better looking than the Altima coupe.  Does anyone have any more pictures of it to post? :)

228375[/snapback]

Plenty:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

I'm loving the idea but left hoping that they know what they need to fix to make the car look presentable.

Oh, yeah, kill the rear demi-doors, too. And make the greenhouse flow better with the design. Better yet, just start over on the whole damn thing.

Is that not just a 240 sx?

Posted Image

228682[/snapback]

Yes and no. The 240SX was just a Silvia, but the S14 was the last one to be imported. The S15 which Moltar posted never made it over here and it was, arguably, much better looking than the S14. I know it would be on my list of cars I'd like to replace my Millenia with. :P

Too bad the last Silva (S15) wasn't sold in the US..pretty good looking coupe, IMHO..

Posted Image

228550[/snapback]

Agreed.

Even this awkward looking concept is better than

nothing, maybe it'll spark off and ignite the 2+2

RWD affordable sports-coupe trend. We can all

thank the not so great looking 1964 Mustang

for what it brought us GM fans: the 1967 F-bodys.

Besides, I'd rather buy a goofy looking RWD than

a gorgeous one with Wrong-Whee-Drive.

Above all else, my biggest pet-peeve if FWD.

Edited by Sixty8panther