Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Here's your '08 CTS sneak peek pic

Chris_Doane

Wow! The detailing is amazing! I still need to see the whole car, but if that amount of attention-to-detail was paid throughout, we're in for a great-looking car.

Here's a higher-res shot:

Posted Image

DETROIT, Mich. (January 7/8, 2007) - Ed Welburn, GM Vice President, Global Design (left) and Bob Lutz, GM Vice Chairman, Global Product Development, provide a sneak peek of the all-new 2008 Cadillac CTS, which will be fully revealed at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in January. The performance luxury sedan is scheduled to begin production in late-summer of 2007, with worldwide sales to follow in the fall.

Cadillac's first-generation CTS built a strong record of success on many levels since its inception in 2002. Cadillac sold more than 60,000 copies in the U.S. in 2005, compared to roughly 38,000 in 2002, an increase of more than 50% over that period. There are roughly 275,000 CTS owners worldwide, and industry researchers say they are among the most satisfied in the automotive market. AutoPacific rated CTS as the top Entry Luxury Car in its annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards in 2006.

THis car looks better than anything in its class. I'm forget the 3, C, IS, A4, MKZ, TL, 300C, and the G.

This car will lead atleast lead this class in terms of style.

And I think this car will lure more buyers from the over priced 3 and C (this car has always been a joke) It will do for Cadillac what the Escalade has.

One thing I just noticed: That Cadillac badge is HUGE! Too big, perhaps.

230005[/snapback]

GM wants this car to have an 'in your face attitude', hence the big wreath and crest. As with the Malibu, I'm dying to see the whole car. Can't wait!

Wow! Thanks. This car is awesome. I wonder if they are going to price it against the 3 series or the 5 series.

230030[/snapback]

I'm willing to bet they'll try and price it a little higher than the 1st gen CTS: a little higher than the 3-series but not as high as the 5-series. I don't see GM taking such a chance without doing some serious STS makeover first.

EDIT: I'm making this picture my new wallpaper

Edited by ZL-1

I think you meant the left side is younger then the right.

If you need help figuring out your left from your right.

Hold up both hands and point your index fingers up and point your thumbs in toward eachother. The hand that forms the letter L is your left. The other is your right.

:lol:

Edited by Cadillacfan

Hold up both hands and point your index fingers up and point your thumbs in toward eachother.  The hand that forms the letter L is your left.  The other is your right.

230044[/snapback]

LOL Caddy. I am still correct. Watch it more closely. The right side of the car (with younger Lutz) will be on your left side. Edited by 79VetteZ06

Hold up both hands and point your index fingers up and point your thumbs in toward eachother.  The hand that forms the letter L is your left.  The other is your right.

230044[/snapback]

L is a dirty letter in this thread. :P

Message to the L: IS, you can die now.

Quick impression of the entire front end: 

Posted Image

230023[/snapback]

DUDE ON THE LEFT LOOKS LIKE 'ENZYTE BOB, THE NATURAL MALE ENHANCEMENT GUY'

what totally kicks ass is the pride on display here. lutz, Eddie W and the rest of the crew are dressing up and showing off their babies and are proud of it.

Its that kind of bling and showing off that will make GM the bomb again. Caveats are as usual, no cheap plastics, dump the pushrod v6's, and keep those Michigan accountants out of the spreadhseets.

this class is tough....

in terms of style this looks like it will lead. the best faces are available from Caddy, BMW, and MB...in that order followed by Audi, Volvo, Saab and all the others...in this class and with this new car.

It looks great. can't wait to see more.

I LOVE IT! 8)

Nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage.

Big bold Grilles are cool. Somethimes Hyundai &

Kia go overboard but this is very much in good

taste according to me!

Posted Image

Interesting...it's somewhat different than the one in the 60 minutes clip.

230127[/snapback]

I was to post the same thing, but I was packing my laptop to leave work.

The foglamps look different, as well as the headlight stack where the turn signal are looks different.

Other than that, the rest looks like it's just lighting. The Audi beard is gone, it seems.

It doesn't. The car's at a very slight angle, then the wheel arches looks wider than they are after mirroring.

230115[/snapback]

I'm not sure he meant the wheel arches...I took it as the bumper area between the headlamps and the foglamps. That area on the Silverado is huge, so since the poster made reference to that vehicle, I can only assume this is what was meant.

I don't want to sound too negative but that grille looks really oversized and that reverse right angle shaped crease on the front corner is giving a "pieced together" look, like a trim kit that's part integrated and part stick on.

I hope it comes together better when the whole thing is shown.

On a side note, in comparison to this, the STS is looking blander by the minute.

I don't want to sound too negative but that grille looks really oversized and that reverse right angle shaped crease on the front corner is giving a "pieced together" look, like a trim kit that's part integrated and part stick on.

I hope it comes together better when the whole thing is shown.

On a side note, in comparison to this, the STS is looking blander by the minute.

230167[/snapback]

If I hadn't seen the spy shots, I would have found it too truck-like, as if they're going after the dying 300C craze.

As a whole, I think the CTS will look fine.

I think this is going to own the competition, at least what is out roght now, I will say the new C-class looks to be a winner too (tho its probably loaded with merc electronics), but this will kill the is, gs, tl, and depending on how the press receives it may catch up to the 3 in sales. If its as nics inside it may finally open the door for caddy in europe as well. Lets hope a refreshed STS follows in these footsteps.

Looks great! Glad to see there still appears to be visible body creases--an evolution of the edgy design of the CTS. The grill looks really nicely done for a luxury car, and the lights look cool. The grill emblem is a perfect size and an attractive design. Imagine the side vents between the front wheel and the front door--similar to those on the Escalade, the well-designed interior with upgraded materials, and a spectacular rear body design/lighting, improved performance features--and these details will make a spectacular, class-leading automobile! I hope there will not be much lag until the introduction of the Coupe model--it will most certainly be a stand-out. Overall, the portion of car revealed or described, to date. appears superb!

Guest YellowJacket894

Just handed Acura it's ass.

Stunning design from what I can see. Cadillac may just have to go back with the old mantra of "Standard of the World" if things keep progressing upward like they are now.

Can't wait to see the whole thing next month.