Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Spied: Mazda2

8 posts in this topic

Variance    0

Spied: Mazda2

With America’s burgeoning small car landscape, the rumor mill has been rife with speculation that Mazda is planning on introducing a version of its Mazda2 subcompact currently sold overseas. With cars like the Chevrolet Aveo, Toyota Yaris, and Honda Fit showing that there’s a market for such cars in North America, the time would appear to be ripe for Ford’s Japanese subsidiary to inject a little Zoom-Zoom into the segment.

All of which might help explain why Antoine Guilbaud was able to catch this Mazda2 mule in California wearing Michigan manufacturer tags. According to the Hidden Image shooter, the mule here is a development prototype that bears the clothing of the current model, albeit “Frankensteined” a bit with parts from a JDM Verisa.

Winding Road

Farkas    0

Look shamefully unfined for any modern car.

LOL!

:lol:

230990[/snapback]

unfined? As in unrefined or unfinished?

In any case, that might be because it's a test mule.

Edited by Farkas

sciguy_0504    0

Even looking past the test mule fit and finish, it doesn't have very much Mazda DNA.

231033[/snapback]

It doesn't look like it. I was expecting to see a smaller 3 or perhaps some influence from the MX but this looks generic Japanese. I'll wait to see the final product, though. Ford needs a small vehicle so I hope one is in the pipeline.

siegen    20

Mazda 2 is PIMP!

Posted Image

I hope the new one looks less Korean, but from that mule, it is probably going to look just as boxy and awkward.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this