Sign in to follow this  
Chris_Doane

All I want for Christmas is a.....well.....

Taking karate classes, MDM? :AH-HA_wink:

That is a nice shot, and the car is like a Hershey's Kiss, bite size but so damn sweet.

I'll break up the love fest and say that the original Minis are just Gawd-awful clown cars. I hold no love in my heart for them. Don't understand them...

On the other side, Chris, the picture looks great, but to me it's like setting up an awesome photo-shoot to get bikini-clad pictures of Bea Aurthur.

Have any of ever driven one of those things?

Trust me, it's a god-awful experience. Those things are death traps and define "claustrophobic".

They may look cool, but they are nasty little beasts. The new Minis remove any reason to own a "classic" version.

LoL...you guys are nuts...they are awesome to drive. "God awful?" Hardly! I drive it around with all 6 headlights blazing.

I now question your masculinity! :D

Edited by CD/BP

Hmm, the fuel stench and the stupid side windows really get to me (slide back instead of down). Also the clear view of the chassis you get when an SUV or truck is in front of you, the positive ground of the electrical system and the wheels that are small for a golf cart - no, not a car I enjoyed having to drive. :lol:

You question my masculinity because I dislike the Mini??

OK, somehow I don't quite see that. :blink:

I know the car has a real racing heritage and all, but it felt more like a torture device than a car when I had to drive it. The new Mini is another story altogether, it was the most fun I've ever had in a FWD car (the one I drove was a manual Cooper S).

Hmm, the fuel stench and the stupid side windows really get to me (slide back instead of down).

Hah man I don't know what kind of $h! box classic Mini you were driving then....this one is pristine. Nothing like what you are describing.

Heh as for the masculinity thing...hehe.....what a big ole guy like you can't handle a little ole car like that??? :lol::D

Edited by CD/BP

Hah man I don't know what kind of $h! box classic Mini you were driving then....this one is pristine. Nothing like what you are describing.

Heh as for the masculinity thing...hehe.....what a big ole guy like you can't handle a little ole car like that???  :lol::D

231124[/snapback]

It was a '67, non-Cooper with Cooper stuff added to it. It didn't help that it was really hot weather when I had to drive it a fair distance - the thing had no ventilation and I about choked to death on the fumes in the heat. It wasn't in terrible condition, but it wasn't pristine either. I just hated the car.

Oh, I handled it. But, when I finally got out of it I wanted to do it some extreme violence with a sledgehammer. :lol:

Say what you will but it's still the coolest FWD car ever

made with a transverse mounted motor. It's IMHO the

ONLY car that has an excuse for a transverse mounted

motor... ever. This thing was a marvel of engineering

in 1959. Japan & everyone else copied the original

formula but in the end this was the first & LAST 100%

efficient packaging of FWD/Transverse-4/2-box design.

So, how many DB9's have you caught with that thing? :lol:

Neat little car. Is it yours or were you shooting it for someone else?

231224[/snapback]

Actually it is a fast little bastard. Weighs nothing of course.

Tis my Pa-Pa's Mini.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook