Gizhost

SKY COUPE

Posted Image

You can kind of never mind the Red line part LOL, I was going to do more and added the text before I finished the chop...but I finished it unlike the one in my sig and left it alone.

Guest YellowJacket894

Great chop, but the rear window warrants a redo. Doesn't mesh well with the curves going back there.

Thanks guys, its a chop, not gonna be perfect LOL. :lol:

It's alright, but obviously a direct port from the Z4 coupe.

You come up with a SKY coupe with a roof designed completely from scratch and we can talk later :AH-HA_wink: . Direct port would also mean I didn't modify the roof in any way to get this image...a smaller image of the donor vehicle is below.

Posted Image

Thanks guys, its a chop, not gonna be perfect LOL. :lol:

You come up with a SKY coupe with a roof designed completely from scratch and we can talk later :AH-HA_wink: . Direct port would also mean I didn't modify the roof in any way to get this image...a smaller image of the donor vehicle is below.

Posted Image

Oh, it's on, bitch!

:P

Well, seems that my PS is screwed up in some way that I can't figure out, so I'll post an old one from a few years ago (when I was still inspired) to show that it can be done.

Posted Image

Can't find the original anywhere, but it's a SAAB 9-3 hatch based on the convertible. You can tell it's fake, but it's from scratch.

And I still find "direct port" an apt descriptor for your effort. The shape didn't really change at all. Colour doesn't count.

Please don't take it the wrong way. It looks good, just obvious what you did is all.

Edited by C.H.U.D.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thats pretty good for scratch. but I said SKY coupe from scratch :P , but you made your point.

However I disagree, even though the changes are slight the entire roof was re-angled, color, blending, slight adjustment of quarter window, transparent quarter window, front pillars which are almost all from scratch, SKY chrome window frame shrunk and manipulated to look more like trim, side window trim which is from scratch, the wheels and all account for a good amount of work that has been done. The point was to make it look good and as real as my abilities would allow. I'd be willing to bet if I didn't leave the obvious (the only thing that is obvious) Z4 spoiler on you wouldn't have known where the roof came from but that was something I liked about the Z4 and why I left it on this chop.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook