Let's all thank Z28luvr...

Flybrian

Guest YellowJacket894

Love the new forums. Great new look.

How do I change skins, by the way? I switched to the Opel one and now it won't let me use any of the others.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. :)

Edited by YellowJacket894

How do I change skins, by the way? I switched to the Opel one and now it won't let me use any of the others.

Hmm....weird. I know if you use the skin selector box on the combo page, it brings you to the forum main page with the new skin. I'll have to look at the portal source code and see if I can do something about it. I don't like that behavior. Anyway, on the bottom of every forum page there's a skin selector drop-down. Try using that one and see what happens.

thanks z im sure it took alot of work... unfortunately... i cannot enjoy the new look... and i never really saw the old look either... my laptop has the dreaded "red x disease" on this site... i can see a handful of the smileys, and everyones avatar and sig as well as posted pictures... but most of the smileys, buttons, and site images etc are just red xs for me...

Hmm....weird. I know if you use the skin selector box on the combo page, it brings you to the forum main page with the new skin. I'll have to look at the portal source code and see if I can do something about it. I don't like that behavior. Anyway, on the bottom of every forum page there's a skin selector drop-down. Try using that one and see what happens.

I noticed that, as well, and have tried from both the main page and forums. I just know that from the forums, once you change it, it sets the skin. You can't change it again, unless you refresh the forums.

After you change it, this is the url:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?s=&setskin=1&skinid=18&act=idx&cal_id=

You can't change the skin again, until you click back, click on something, etc.

Anyways, the new skins are refreshing. I'm rocking the Opel's yellow theme. It's fresh and an appreciated change from the depressing blue, blue, and more blue that I'm used to. It also contrasts pretty well with my regular purple themed signature and avatar. Can't wait until Xmas is over and I get to use them again.

However, I've noticed some problems. The quote feature isn't working for me. The reply feature is, but not that. Oh, and side scrolling sucks, but I'm just on an outdated PC... So whatever. :P

AWSOME! :D

Thanks a million budy.

AWSOME! :D

Thanks a million budy.

Scratch what I said about side scrolling. I don't think I have to worry about anymore... What, with a 1440x900 resolution display and all. :P

New computer? 1440 x 900 is pretty good, mine is 1680 x 1050 and I don't think I'd want anything better unless the screen was bigger. Pics are really small on my 15.4" display with that good of resolution.

Thanks for the update Z, it looks AWESOME!

Seriously, anyone not seeing the side menus now? I still can't find the buttons to pull out the sidebars.

Oh... Z, a question. Is there a log in menu somewhere, so I can click to "remember me?" Either I can't set or find it on the forums since the update, or my new PC isn't taking cookies from C&G. I hate logging in every time.

Are cookies disabled in your browser?

Toni (and everyone else who wants to know): I disabled the buttons for the sidebars for the time being to try to assess how much of an effect loading those sidebars had on the server. Things have been pretty stable since the upgrade (for me anyway), so I'll probably end up putting them back and take it from there.

Toni (and everyone else who wants to know): I disabled the buttons for the sidebars for the time being to try to assess how much of an effect loading those sidebars had on the server. Things have been pretty stable since the upgrade (for me anyway), so I'll probably end up putting them back and take it from there.

I see... thanks...

It was a little irritating for a moment when I'm trying to get to My Controls without any buttons there...