Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

10 most overrated cars

regfootball

Hmm, the 10 Most Overrated Cars by MyerShift...

1.) BMW 3-Series

2.) Toyota Camry

3.) Toyota Corolla

4.) Honda Ridgeline

5.) BMW 5-Series

6.) Toyota Prius

7.) Mercedes-Benz S-Class

8.) Porsche 911

9.) Ferarri F430

10.)Honda Civic

Edited by MyerShift

Hyundai Sonata <--This is #1. The rest are in random order

Nissan Titan - Like, Khruschev, it was going to bury us; like Khruschev, it failed

Lexus GS - a tepid entry in a hot segment

Hyundai Azera - big Elantra looks and Hyundai parts bin buffet

Acura RL - where's the beef?

Toyota Avalon - over a decade later and it still can't match a Buick

Chrysler 300 - take away the Hemi and no one care; Charger is a more thought-out car

VW Jetta - overpriced, underperforming, underbuilt, and ugly

Kia Optima - like the Sonata, who cares but Enterprise?

Toyota Camry - another overrated generation

No particular order:

BMW 3's (too much hype, still an excellent car)

Lexus ES (Camry in drag gets too much of a free pass)

Mazda CX-7 (An ugly 6 wagon with 700lbs of mascara)

Nissan Z (An overweight sportcar with a chintzy interior)

MB S-class (I can't get over the fender flares)

5 more to come....

Pontiac Solstice (the better developed product is available next door as a Sky)

Ford Edge (See CX-7 with an extra 400lbs.)

GMT-900 P/U (Excellent product in a 1970's era competition)

Hyundai Sonata (replaced disgiusting Sebring as rental car of choice)

Porsche Cayman ($5k to option delete a convertible top? Unbelieveably stupid.)

Edited by enzl

1- Honda CR-V

2-Honda Civic

3- Jeep Grand Cherokee

4- Ford Explorer

5- Toyota Prius

6- Chrysler Sebring

7- Toyota Camry

8- Toyota Highlander

9- Volkswagen Jetta

10- Chrysler 300

and more........

11- Jeep Wrangler

12- Mercury Mountaineer

13- Honda Pilot

14- Mazda 3

15- Scion xB

16- Scion xA

17- Nissan Sentra

18- Audi A4

19- Toyota Corolla

20- Honda Element

Edited by MarioBro88

1. BMW 3 series

2. any Scion product

3. Lexus IS

4. Toyota Camry/Lexus ES

5. LX bodies

6. Honda Civic

7. Honda Ridgeline

8. BMW 5 series

9. Toyota Tundra

10. Infiniti G35/Nissan Z

Edited by 04monteintimidator

1. BMW 3-series - Yes yes I know. It's the ultimate driving machine, but that doesn't do me any good sitting in a traffic jam with the 400 other "ultimate driving machines". As common as the Civic. Every gay boys dream car to trade his Jetta in on. Manages to malfunction and fall apart in comparison tests yet still take number 1. Crack flavored Kool-Aid comes standard.

2. Toyota Camry in all it's beige, 4-cylinder glory. The car for people who don't like cars. Somehow still manages a "gotta have it" factor above zero on the base model.

3. Honda Accord in all it's gray, 4-cylinder glory. Behind the Camry only because it is marginally sportier. Hate the automatic, I can shift manually smoother than that thing can shift automatically. Road noise never seems to bother testers. Somehow still manages a "gotta have it" factor above zero on the base model.

4. Chrysler 300 - Sure it can come with a hemi, but it's still a pig. With the hemi, it's just a very fast pig. Aerodynamics a masonry company would be proud of. Awful dash with terrible layout and ergonomics. Tortoise shell wood that drives certain car forum admins batty.

5. Honda Civic - sits waaay too low and has horrendous road noise. Need to turn off the A/C to accelerate up a hill. Only 5-speed I can't seem to drive without stalling due to low torque below 8,000 rpm.

6. VW Passat - Somehow this became the "gold standard" for family sedans even though it's sales are in the &#036;h&#33;ter. We have an '01 and it's ok. The interior in ours seems superior to the current model. Reliability that'd make a Kia blush. We've been spending more per month to keep it on the road than we do on the car payment. It's days with us are numbered. One bit of credit: It has the smoothest V6 this side of BMW.

7. Nissan Altima - The 2.5 is terrible. The interior is plasticy and ugly. The only saving grace is the VQ3.5 but Nissan would do well to improve the sound of the engine.

8. Infiniti G35 - The coupe is handsome, the sedan looks like a CTS that someone put in the microwave for 15 seconds. Dash is too low and rather uninspiring. Manages to feel like an economy car from the inside.

9. BMW X3/X5 - Trophy housewives everywhere will hate me for hating their favorite car. That's right, it's a car. A wagon actually. It has less ground clearance than a Subaru Legacy sedan. That makes your SUV... a WAGON! Bite me bitches.

10. BMW 5-series - I was reluctant to put this one on the list. It is a great vehicle, but that doesn't mean it can't be over rated. It is this vehicle that is responsible for the demise of all the softer riding luxury cars out there. Once GM, Ford and Chrysler started chasing the 5-series as the car to beat all of the large, soft riding, sumptuous luxury cars were doomed. All the car rags like to hold the 5-series up as the ideal. Their mistake of course is that there is no "ideal". That's why it's on my list.

1.) Toyota Camry, even the ones with Lexus ES emblems. (by as wide of a margin as the tear in the hull of the Titanc)

2.) Toyota Prius (or as O&A say the "PRISS")

3.) Honda Ridgeline

4.) Every single post-WWII Rolls Royce made... esp. the stuff from the '70s and '80s.

5.) Honda Civic/Integra (and every other Honda that shares that basic structure)

6.) Toyota Highlander (esp. the ones with Lexus RX330 badging)

7.) Toyota Avalon (with each new gen. it looks more like a pile of Whale Blubber)

8.) Every single Jaguar ever made with the exception of the E-type

9.) Honda Element/CRV

10.) Honda Pilot/MDX

What about done to death classic garbage like '64 -'65 Mustangs and tri-year Thunderturds? Or any Thunderturd for that matter; what a terrible car from beginning to end!

I absolutely second Sixty8's suggestion of every Rolls-Royce and Jaguar made after WWII, Rolls especially. The money that you pay for one of those piles leaves NO EXCUSE for the car's big change over a forty year span being the switch from round sealed beams to square sealed beams; give me a f@#king break!

Also, you're a loser if you bought a Porsche Cayenne. How much of a dick extension does one person need? A Porsche TRUCK?! Are you for real?!

1. Toyota Prius

2. Pontiac Solstice

3. Chevrolet Corvette

4. Saturn Sky

5. Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra

6. Every Pontiac that has ever existed

7. Chevrolet Cobalt

8. Any SS trim vehicle

9. All new Cadillacs

10. Toyota Camry

:blink: im not even gunna go there... mainly because im sure everyone else will... some of them almost have some merit... and some are pretty much the stupidest thing ive ever seen posted on this forum

The XB does so well because it comes from Toyota. If it was from the big 2.5 it would be the worst thing since the Vega.

1. The XB. What an ugly piece of tin.

2. The Most Toyotas and Hondas though they show signs of a slowdown in their quality and workmanship.

The XB does so well because it comes from Toyota. If it was from the big 2.5 it would be the worst thing since the Vega.

1. The XB. What an ugly piece of tin.

2. The Most Toyotas and Hondas though they show signs of a slowdown in their quality and workmanship.

In defense of the xB...it's a unique little car that has captured an audience with its unique (visually challenging?) qualities...its a PT Cruiser -type success in a different weight class. And, to qualify as overrated, the advance press has to be overwhelmingly positive. Board members have selective amnesia, but the Scion brand was not universally praised and many pundits predicted failure for both the brand and product.

And, while most Toyotas and Hondas are overrated (and perceived quality is down, IMO), they are still, taken as a whole, producing product in most classes that bury the 2.5's current efforts. I'm sick of hearing how great the 08 Malibu is going to be or how the Aura (which will struggle to sell 75k in its first 12 months) owns the Camry or Accord.

1. Solstice (its an overweight jellybean with a cheap interior, at least the Sky looks good)

2. Sonata

3. 4Runner

4. Galant

5. Lancer

6. Expedition

7. Malibu/G6

8. RL

9. Prius/Civic Hybrid

10. Aura (Before you bitch, hear me out. Its a pretty good looking car and the interior seems miles ahead of the G6/'Bu but it still lookes like a slightly modified G6 to me, not exactly god's gift to GM like a lot of people make it out to be.

The trouble with doing this sort of list is that it always turns into a bashfest, with little genuine insight into what the (insert topic here) is. Nevertheless...

1: Toyota Prius. The ultimate car for Sophists. Sure, at first blush, it seems like a great idea. Dig deeper, though, and you'll find holes: It doesn't deliever the mileage it promises, it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a Yaris, the batteries are anything but environmentally-friendly, and so on. Yet this car is lauded almost universally.

2: Toyota Camry. The Camry has become the default car for people who need "A to B" transportation. There are far better choices on the market, but the typical Camry buyer has closed their mind to alternatives.

3: Pontiac Solstice. Subjective styling aside, the MX-5 is a better car, even it if wasn't more popular this year (just wait until the initial buzz for the Solstice wears off).

4: Toyota Corolla. Refer to previous remarks re: Toyota Camry.

5: BMW 3-Series. Just not a good bang-for-the-buck deal. The competitors do it better for less.

6: Chrysler 300. As previous posters mentioned, once you get by the cinderblock styling and the HEMI, there really isn't much there. I like the 300, but not because it's a good car.

7: VW Jetta. Consistently ranked highly in comparison tests, consistently ranked poorly in reliability tests. Unless you're planning on leasing for just a couple years, stay away. Your money would be better spent (and you'd be spending considerably less of it, too) on something Japanese.

8: Nissan Altima. Though it brought some muscle to the family sedan market, it didn't really bring much else. I hope the new, 2007 version has moved beyond this one-trick pony status.

9: GM's GMT-800/900 Trucks & SUVs. They're good, and they represent an admirable effort on GM's part. However, I think they didn't quite go the extra mile that was needed, as Ford trucks are still tops in their respective segments. I think GM will come to deeply regret this next year.

10: Pagani Zonda F. C'mon, the Koenigsegg CCX is waaaaaaaaaaaay cooler. :D

In general I think the retail market has spoken well and is pretty accurate in sales #'s corresponding to the quality of cars that meet peoples needs... (Fleet sales excluded).

But these cars I'm not sure why they sell as well as they do..

1. Toyota Camry... Mmmm wonder bread

2. Chrysler 300... Whats with the interior..

3. Toyota Corolla... Mmmm wonder bread

4. Pontiac Solstice... Not as good looking as the Sky, and not all that well designed other than exterior.

5. Toyota Prius... No explanation required

6. Mini Cooper... That interior... yikes

7. Hyundai Sonata.. Another interior to die from

8. Nissan 350z.. I want to like it but too many angles and the interior leave me cold

9. Porsche Cayenne.. A Porsche SUV?!

10. Ford Mustang... Wish it had a bit of a harder edge performance wise without having to go beyond the GT price wise.

How could I foret the Porsche Cayenne... good one.

XP715: Dude, in all fairness Rolls Royce made more changes than just headlights in four decades...

let's be honest, they also added catalitic converters and 329 miles of emissions hoses to their wolrd

class luxury cars. Thought I hear that is still just a fraction of the emissions garbage in a typical

1980s Honda CRX. Those have enough metal emissions pipping to go around the earth 5.333 times.

they also added catalytic converters and 329 miles of emissions hoses to their world

class luxury cars.

See, that's where you're wrong. Because however elaborate the exquisite coachwork of a Rolls-Royce may be, they have always been remarkably simplistic mechanically.

Posted Image

I dare you to find a more inviting engine bay! (diesel-powered French cars excluded)

In no particular order...

Mazda3 -- regarded as some sort of small car jewel, but if you ignore the big wheels and tech options, it's gloomy, dreary, and overpriced

Sonata -- regarded as the car that will turn Hyundai into a serious contender, but it's plagued with mediocre quality and no attention to detail

300 -- distinctive looking and, in C/SRT-8 trims, very powerful, but it's cheap inside and insuitable as a traditional midsize family car replacement; a one-hit wonder

Solstice -- good looking, yes, but it's cheaply made and they forgot some important things... like the trunk

Odyssey -- best minivan out there, yes, but not as perfect as the reviews make it seem; awful transmission on '99-'04 models

LS460 -- lots of technology and comfort, yes, but it looks like a LWB Camry, doesn't handle, and doesn't stop

Camry -- thoroughly mediocre sedan that has nothing going for it, yet it's the best selling car in the US

RX350/400h -- luxury performance 22 MPG hybrid that's less powerful than the $10K cheaper RX350; RX -- undeserving of its best-seller title

Flying Spur -- a glorified Phaeton lacking the class of a proper Bentley, but rappers and fat boys love 'em

Escalade -- a glorified Yukon Denali with an inhospitable third row

Guest YellowJacket894

• Hyundai Sonata

[it's not that great, make no mistake and don't heed what Car & Driver says. This is a hardcore Hertz car, even more so than the 2006 Mall-ibu. It's also possible that you can actually hide a whole holiday turkey into the panel gaps.]

• Toyota Prius

[As overrated and over-hyped as the Sonata. Doesn't get the EPA listed (and payed for by Toyota) gas mileage ratings and the one of the plants responsible for making the Prius has turned the surrounding landscape into the frigging moon.]

• TIE: Honda Accord & Toyota Camry

[Yeah. As if either of these cars are high on my want to drive list. One test drive with either, and you're left wondering either 1.) what kind of car you just got out of (Accord) or 2.) what the f@#k they're thinking (Camry). They're common as hell, but then again so was the Chevy Impala during the Sixties. But at least the Impala was one sweet, kick ass car to look at. The Camry and Accord inspires nothing, and doesn't stir the enthusiast in your soul.]

• Toyota Tundra

[Do I need to go here? This thing is not a threat to the new GMT-900 pickups and is only in it's wildest dreams. It looks like someone used voo-doo to revive their dead pit-bull/boxer/pug mix in some sick reenactment of Pet Sematary. The only thing that's worse as the Tundra is a certain Honda. Speaking of which . . .]

• TIE: Honda Ridgeline & Civic

[Polar opposites, as one is a "truck" (according to the friendly liars at Honda and the smiley gladhands working at the various government/Toyota funded automotive agencies) and the other is a compact car. But they both have a few things in common: 1.) They're ugly as hell -- one looks like a Avalanche screwed a Element in some orgy of ungodly incorrectness and the other looks like a hunchback beaver, 2.)they've gotten awards they didn't really deserve, and 3.) if either one had an ass, the American automotive press would kiss it until they turned blue. Also, you have to work the Civic Si like a California coke whore to get any sort of fun out of it.]

• Scion xA/xB

[The xB is better than an HHR because . . . ? If I want an Astro, I'll buy a damn Astro, and not some 1/25th scale model of one. The xA is just redundant setting next to a Matrix and Yaris -- and, hey, they're all under the same damn roof at the same damn dealership! People that complain about GM's product line being redundant should stop and think about Toyota for a second.]

• Lincoln Navigator

[After the Caddy 'Slade trumped the 'Gator, Lincoln should have thrown in the towel, especially after the 2007 models made their debut and it was obvious the Cadillac won. The current 'Gator has a real "What the hell happened?" front end and suffers from a big, straight-from-Helga chrome uni-brow. The whole thing is crass and vulgar -- even Car & Driver knows that. The piss-ant sized guages recall a time when Nixon had his ass in hot water over Watergate, and that's a time we shouldn't want to remember. At all. On the bright side, though, it kept most of the basics of the 2003 model's classy interior.]

• Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

[How the hell did this win the SUV of the Year award over the GMT-900s? This thing isn't even accessible to the second-class, white or blue collar buyer. The '900s got the shaft here.]

• Mazda MX5 Miata

[back in 1990, when the Miata first made its debut, the press and the public went crazy. That's understood as, at the time, the car was a low-cost vehicle (before dealer mark-up) and was a fun drive. Now, three model generations later, it's been one-upped by the Solstice. The Solstice outsells, outwits, and out-survives the Miata in every way. I mean, the Solstice GX/P can take on the BMW Z4 and other more expensive cars while the Miata sits out. The Solstice is a seductive car when it comes to styling and is a real visual one-hit K.O. The Miata looks fat.]

• Ford Mustang

[Don't get me wrong -- if the Camaro wasn't coming, this would be a serious car for me to consider in the future. I don't hate the 'Stang, either. However, the Camaro is coming back, and since we all know history likes to repeat itself, the Mustang is going to be way back in the pack at the starting line and at the finish line. The GT500 isn't that great, either -- it still &#036;h&#33;s the bed setting next to a Corvette or a Z06.]

Want me to go on? I can all night. Edited by YellowJacket894

any Korean car i have ever seen/driven.

Civic

Camry

Accord

Dodge Ram

Prius

Any Honda or Toyota Racing Engine

4 Cylinders

Hemi's

Any BMW

UNDER RATED CARS

GM 350 Diesel If you drive them normal they last until some one drives 80 mph and blows the gasket

Duramax, Powerstorke They are on par with Cummins

The Edsel

Sprint/Geo Metros

all Domestic Mid size cars

Oldsmobile

Mustang 2

I will think of more

1. BMW, the brand - Overpriced yuppie wannabe vehicles.

2. Mercedes Benz, the brand - Overpriced defect ridden vehicles trying to live off the great racing cars of the 50's.

3. Toyota Prius - Overpriced, over rated little cars that are more perception than reality.

4. Toyota Camry - See Petra or other poster comments above.

5. Toyota Corolla - See above.

6. Toyota FJ Cruiser - Winner of 2006 blind spot, side view competition.

7. Toyota Tundra - Neighbors Tundra beats Yugo for "Time in Shop" trophy.

8. Honda Ridgeline - Truck "Pretenter" of the year award.

9. Honda Civic - I can peddle the grandson's trike faster than the neighbors Civic hybrid accelerates.

10. Italian Exotics (Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc.) Please bring money and have your own mechanic for frequent tune-ups.

Toyota Camry - what new ground does it break? It looks like an also-ran to me.

Toyota Corolla - just because its a Toyota, does not mean its reliable. Its stale, and if any other automaker let a car linger on the vine this long they would get bad headlines in the press.

Toyota Tundra - its not even out yet and its already the best truck out there? How is that possible?

Honda Ridgeline - the truck for the anti-truck guy. Huh? Whats the purpose to do it half assed?

Honda Odyssey - The benchmark for minivans? The oddity is that this benchmark doesnt break any new technological ground and doesn't have anything as functional as the Stow-N-Go DCX minivans.

Toyota FJ - And the media says Hummers are "useless and have poor visibility"? This thing is just a pig.

Lexus LS460 - Bland, boring, copied styling, new techno features that are gonna make the new money of the world woo hoo over it. Lacks the class of the Benz and Audi.

Prius - There are better ways to get good mileage than this.

Hybrids - The cost and complexity of these setups could be better handled by more fuel efficient gas engines.

Solstice - a good first effort, but it needs a big boost to be high class and in line with the Miata.

Guest YellowJacket894

Solstice - a good first effort, but it needs a big boost to be high class and in line with the Miata.

Then why does the Solstice outsell the Miata?

I forgot to actually place the Miata on my list. Hang on, lemme fix it. The Focus is about to be forgotten about. Again.

There are a few stand-outs, IMO:

1) Toyota Tundra--it's the truck that's supposed to spell doomsday for Detroit, even though it's predecessors have failed.

2) Toyota Camry--the official car of the boring person

3) Lexus LS430--the most boring, unexciting, uninspiring, unspirited, souless $70K car I've ever ridden in

4) Mazda CX-7--the fat, saggy, unpleasant-looking cousin to the Ford Edge that I never wanted to see coming

5) Ferarri 599--sure it has the Enzo's engine, but it's ugly.

6) Kia Amanti--Korea's first attempt at entry-level luxury, wrapped in an oh-so-mediocre package which strongly resembled a Mercedes E-Class.

7) Hyundai Azera--Korea's 2nd attempt at entry-level luxury, complete with fat hips and an unsightly rear.

The other 3 are in the air.

Honda Odyssey - The benchmark for minivans? The oddity is that this benchmark doesnt break any new technological ground and doesn't have anything as functional as the Stow-N-Go DCX minivans.

You've never sat in a new Odyssey or used any of the interior features? Go to a dealer and try one out. And just so you know, Honda's fold-flat seats came before Chrysler's Stow-N-Go.

See, that's where you're wrong. Because however elaborate the exquisite coachwork of a Rolls-Royce may be, they have always been remarkably simplistic mechanically.

Posted Image

I dare you to find a more inviting engine bay! (diesel-powered French cars excluded)

Thanks for the laugh dude... I needed it. Work has been stressfull today.

All joking aside, RR should have died long before Packard, Hudson & Imperial did.

I forgot to actually place the Miata on my list. Hang on, lemme fix it. The Focus is about to be forgotten about. Again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Solstice is a new vehicle and interest is still high. Sometimes it takes awhile for interest to fade unless they keep making big improvements to it, which I hope GM will continue to do.

You've never sat in a new Odyssey or used any of the interior features? Go to a dealer and try one out. And just so you know, Honda's fold-flat seats came before Chrysler's Stow-N-Go.

How do you know what I've sat in? Are you with me every second of the day? I hope not.

Honda does not have fold flat seats for both rows. They had the first fold into the floor 3rd row seat, but have not yet designed and engineered the second row fold into the floor as well.

You guys are way more sophisticated than me in this regard, being that foreign cars are largely "invisible" to me. So, since it's so damn vapid, I'll say:

Camry

Camry

Camry

Camry

Camry

Camry

Camry

Camry

Camry

...and...oh yeah...

Camry

How do you know what I've sat in? Are you with me every second of the day? I hope not.

Honda does not have fold flat seats for both rows. They had the first fold into the floor 3rd row seat, but have not yet designed and engineered the second row fold into the floor as well.

That sentence sounded a bit odd, but there was a question mark at the end. I wasn't implying that I knew you've never sat in one.

I know what you meant. I've had many different "debates" with devout Honda people, my late brother included. I respect your views on Hondas, and I appreciate the quality and surprising sportiness of them (especially the Accord), but I do think the Odyssey is overrrated. I'm disappointed the new generation did not take a step forward in practical technology like the DCX minivans did. If the Oddy had that feature, I would have named the Sienna my pick for overrated minivan.

With the Camry on your list, you should know that the best selling car isn't always the best. The Solstice sells on style. It's not as good as a car as seemingly everybody on C&G makes it out to be. And remember who this is coming from... Me. I love Pontiac to death, but the Solstice isn't the best car, the Miata is. Yes, there's the GXP, but if Mazda had a Mazdaspeed version with its new turbocharged engine, you know it'd be one hell of a fight between the two. But comparing apples to apples, the Miata is better.. it's just uglier. :P

Anyways, asking me what the 10 most overrated cars are isn't something I could easily answer. It depends on who overrates it. Like here on C&G, I could easily name 10 GM vehicles people here overrate. It's why most of the cars people name in this thread are overwhelming from Toyota and Honda. Mentioning a good GM vehicle, makes people question your opinion. Doesnt matter how good a certain vehicle is, if someone thinks it's overrated, so be it. To me, the Kappa cars are overrated, the GMT900's are overrated, the Epsilon's are overrated, and the Vette is overrated as far as GM vehicle's go. They're all good vehicles, but most people here think they're the greatest vehicles in the world. I like each and every one of them, but theyre overrated here. Otherwise, excluding GM, the LX cars are overrated, the Camry, Corolla, Avalon, ES, IS... hell, most Toyotas are overrated, the Element, RL, and CRV are overrated, the Titan is overrated, the S class is overrated... and I could go on and on.

As I said earlier, I could see most vehcles certain people mention before they even posted. It's called bias. This is a stupid thread. Oops... Did I just say that? :D

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can say the Corvette is overrated. It doesn't cure cancer but does virtually everything else other high-end performance cars do...for less.

And as far as being overrated, some of it is the manufacturer, but most of it is the press. As said, the Sonata was Hyundai's turnaround showcase and Titan was supposed to be the second coming of Christ. Well...we see how that goes.

Anytime a company other than GM, Dodge, and Ford with a full size pickup truck that is bigger than a Tundra with real V-8 power the press is always going to make a stink about it. I think the Titan is overrated because GM/Ford/Dodge have more experience and their trucks seem to do everything well. The Titan is just a work truck and rides like one as well. It's the roughest riding truck on the market, and the interior is cheap looking to me as well.

The Corvette is an institution in North America. Any rating it gets is highly deserved.

Here's my list, meticulously carved out during my lunch break. In no particular order (after #1)

1. CAMRY: For reasons already stated, plus the fact that it hasn't been the best midsized car for a couple of generations now. I WOULD buy a Sonata over this car.

2. ALTIMA/MAXIMA: Pontiac's been making high horsepower cars with cheap interiors since the early 90s. Where's the love? And the rear taillights on the new Alt are atrocious.

3. G35: Can't speak for the new G, but the current G sedan left me wondering "That's it?" after a ride in one.

4. MUSTANG: Worse seating position than a 99-04 Mustang. Not-all-that-great interior. Even its claim to fame - "Hey, it looks just like the '68 Mustang" - is a little overstated. According to this section of the peanut gallery, the '68 Mustang doesn't look bloated, fat, or sad.

5. CHRYSLER LX CARS: All of these look like DCX spent most of the design budget on the front fascia. The rear and sides of these cars are anything but pretty. And the first 75hp included with the 345hp HEMIs are there just to move these lead bricks from a standstill.

6. CSVs: Yeah, I know that these aren't rated all that well to begin with, but after a ride in one I've come to the conclusion that they're absolute crap. They look like crap, sound like crap, ride like crap, and feel like crap. Unless you're sitting on a s-load of GM points, there's no sane reason to buy one.

7. AURA: Don't get me wrong, I love this car in person (without the saddle interior). It's just that there's still some lingering disappointment over the fact that the sporty flair from the concept Aura didn't carry over. Maybe for the Redline version (if there is one)

8. MAZDA 3: Another one of those "I don't get it" situations. It's not that great looking to me.

9. BMW 3: See 3 and 8.

10. The VW brand: They're riding the "German Engineered" bandwagon a little too much. And if you look at how the cars age, they really aren't much of an advertisement for German engineering.

The last Corvette I would say was over rated was the cross-fire

powered dissapointment taht is now but a memory.

Toyota Prius (We all know the gas savings from hybrids don't "pencil.")

Acura RL (A poor replacement for "Legend" and needs a V8, more interior room, and more distinction from TL to succeed.)

M-Benz S550 (A wonderful car to drive but lacks the real "presence" that used to spell out "Engineered Like No Other Car In The World." Doesn't move the game on far enough from A8, 7-Series to justify the added cost. Plus, it's butt-ugly.....!)

Nissan 350Z (A bit unrefined, with an exterior style to me that is all caricature and doesn't go together all that well. Wish it had more of that "cheap 'n cheery" feel of the original 240Z.)

Hummer H2/H3 (C'mon guys....one's an old-style Tahoe in fancy dress, the other's a Colorado pickup....nothing particularly "authentic" about them. Boy do the soccer moms love the "bling" though.)

DCX Minivans (Their superiority in the market ended a long time ago with the advent of Odyssey, Sienna, and the newest Korean offerings.)

Porsche Cayenne (Sure it saved Porsche.....but it's nothing more than an ugly Toureg with a big turbo engine.)

Mitsubishi EVO (Yeah, yeah, yeah.....it's time for this baby to be updated. Give me the same power, track handling, and driving experience in a modern architecture with a modern wrapper.....hopefully the new one will not be as tacky.)

Land Rover LR3 (OK....HEAVIER than the more expensive Range Rover is a ridiculous statistic. Plus everything about the design of this SUV spells out "cheap" to me, in contrast to it's RR brother. What's the good of vastly superior off-roadability if your SUV is so much more compromised in other areas?)

OK....I'm sure there's a 10th one out there....but I hafta get back to work......