Sign in to follow this  
Croc

Lincoln Navigator Seats!

Posted Image

Do those not look like airplane seats mounted on top of plastic?? And what's up with the orange piping??

This is what my bro and I saw at LAIAS...yuck!

Not great looking, especially for the price of entry. The orange piping is weird, at least do white stitching like the Fusion.

Yea and opening day the seats were all crackled looking...cheap ass leather!!

The seats in the MKX are 100x better!

Posted Image

GM is as guilty of this "offense" with the Hummer H3. I sat in one last year (it wasn't custom) and it had orange piping.

It isn't the piping as much as the cheapness and thinness of the leather. The orange piping on a luxury vehicle is just the cherry topping. On a HUMMER, orange piping is fine...but not in a Navigator. Edited by Croc

I happen to like the orange piping. It looks different and adds mood.

The seats don't look that bad either.

I don't see much wrong with the Navigator seats either, except, if you're gonna do contrasting piping, make sure the cover fits the foam nice and tight to avoid the waviness seen in the posted pic. The MKX's seats look fine as well, except they look noticeably narrower than the Nav's, something to consider if you have a wide butt.

I'd like the piping better if it were silver or white as an accent, although body colored wouldn't be too bad. The orange just seems pretty random, I guess, it doesn't sharply contrast or add subtle color change, its just orange. At east the H3 has door and seat inserts as well as the piping. I think they could have done it more elegantly. The leather looks like the stuff I had in the Saturn, which felt pretty durable (no tears when I traded it in with 85k miles, but there were some worn spots) but wasn't very soft, kinda felt like vinyl.

I happen to like the orange piping. It looks different and adds mood.

The seats don't look that bad either.

:withstupid:

Guest YellowJacket894

It's not disgusting, just odd. It should match the exterior or be white or a nice silver. Why Ford chose to do this is beyond me, but so is every other decision they've made recently.

This is a $h!ty quality leather. Multiple people have commented on Ford leather recently, and it's true. My main gripe is how thin they look...the MKX looks a lot cushier simply because there's a lot more seat above the plastic of the mounting.

The MKX also has much better lateral support.

This is a $h!ty quality leather. Multiple people have commented on Ford leather recently, and it's true. My main gripe is how thin they look...the MKX looks a lot cushier simply because there's a lot more seat above the plastic of the mounting.

The MKX also has much better lateral support.

Are the bottom cushions thin, or are you just saying they "look" thin?.....because you can't really tell how thick or thin they are, because the bottom cushion goes into/past the plastic part on the bottom. They could be huge. On the MKX, the plastic doesn't go across the front of the seat, so you can tell how thick the cushion is.

These seats look great to me on both vehicles. I really like the orange piping too.

This is really reaching for things to gripe about!

Posted Image

The MKX's bottom seat cushion looks on par with the Lexus GX470:

Posted Image

I don't think the Navigator's looks that bad though. Most seats are like this.

Edited by VenSeattle
Didn't realize that was the MKX pic.

Are the bottom cushions thin, or are you just saying they "look" thin?.....because you can't really tell how thick or thin they are, because the bottom cushion goes into/past the plastic part on the bottom. They could be huge. On the MKX, the plastic doesn't go across the front of the seat, so you can tell how thick the cushion is.

These seats look great to me on both vehicles. I really like the orange piping too.

This is really reaching for things to gripe about!

No I sat in them, and they WERE thin.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook