Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Nissan goes after the Honda CR-V with a new compact crossover

Posted Image

Is a car company trying too hard to attract younger buyers when it names its new compact crossover after an X-Men character? Well yes it would be, but that's not the case with the 2008 Nissan Rogue, which makes its debut at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show. According to Nissan, the name Rogue was chosen to reflect "its independence-oriented positioning." Not sure what that means, but at least they didn't call it the Wolverine.

Inside Line

Cheesy....

Looks like a CR-V has but sex with a retarded Murano about 9 months ago.

That's evolution for ya! :P

You guys are jerking off over this interior?!? It's a poor rip off of an Equinox!

Posted Image

You're not serious are you?

Posted Image

I see exactly zero Equinox in the Rogue interior.

BTW, I know I pictured the old Equinox interior. It's impossible to rip off an interior that was released around the same time (new Equinox interior). Plus, the Rogue doesn't look like that one, either.

I'm not sure how many of you are sick to death of hearing from me about 1950s Hardtops...

but it must feel a LOT like I feel about modern interiors. 99% of the time I just do not care. :duck:

Nice-lookin cute-ute. A couple of things, though:

In profile, it looks a lot like the new Santa Fe. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just suprising.

Nissan's wheel arches are getting bigger with each iteration. Before long the quarter panels will be one big wheel arch. I don't like that, because visually it makes the wheels/tires look smaller than they are, negating the mostly cosmetic effect of larger-rimmed tires.

It should be quite competitive, though, and I do like the interior.

-RBB

Suzuki wants its grille back.

P.S.

Optional?! Lame.

\\

and Pontiac wants it's G6 interior back as well. This thing is a mish mash of styles which is to bad because all they had to do was make a smaller version with more of the Murano styling cues. Looks fine in profile but that front end is hideous.

The interior looks pretty nice. I'm liking the chocolate brown color.

The exterior needs some work, though. It looks like it was designed by Hyundai, like it's the next-gen Tuscon. I guess the transition from big Murano to small Murano hit a bump somewhere along the line.

BTW, I know I pictured the old Equinox interior. It's impossible to rip off an interior that was released around the same time (new Equinox interior). Plus, the Rogue doesn't look like that one, either.

Not entirely...

Anyway... HEY! Check it out! Someone glued a Nissan logo onto an old Highlander... Oh, wait, it's the new Nissan Rogue.

This thing annoys me ALMOST as much as the actual X-Men character.

Looks better than the other crap out there-think about it-the compact crossover SUV segment consists of what-those Compass and Escape/Tribute/Mariner crapcakes (ancient crapcakes for the latter trio), the gutless/bad-wacky CR-V, and the soon-to-be-redesigned VUE, which is pretty boring looking, IMO. So, it seems this and RAV4 are the class contenders, and VUE, once it comes out. In other words, not bad, but I haven't read/seen the whole thing yet. Also, does this replace the X-Trail in other markets, including Canada?

You're not serious are you?

Posted Image

I see exactly zero Equinox in the Rogue interior.

Try the 07 Equinox interior instead of the old one.

Is a car company trying too hard to attract younger buyers when it names its new compact crossover after an X-Men character? Well yes it would be, but that's not the case with the 2008 Nissan Rogue, which makes its debut at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show. According to Nissan, the name Rogue was chosen to reflect "its independence-oriented positioning." Not sure what that means, but at least they didn't call it the Wolverine.

This is one of the dumbest opening paragraphs I've ever read.