Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I hope GMRULES again

Where's the HORN on a Cavalier

6 posts in this topic

Anybody know where the horn is located on a 01 Cavalier? It stopped working last week but I can't find the dam thing. Looked all around but I can't seem to see it. I'm guessing they put it somewhere stupid. Checked the fuse and that's fine.

somewhere in the bumper of fender... probably on the drivers side. In about 80% of the cars I've worked on it's been either by/below/inside the front bumper (by the radiator support), or in the driver's side fender.

You probably will want to check the contacts in the steering wheel that go to the horn, too. Those are usually more likely to go than the horn itself.

I looked near the rad and in between the bumper and rad but I didn't see it. How do I check the contacts in the steering wheel? I know in the old days you could pull off a section and see the wiring and contacts but I wouldn't want to do that with the air bag in there. When I push on the horn I hear a tick sound, I don't know if that points more to the contact being the problem or the horn itself.

Posted (edited) · Hidden · Report post

I dropped by the dealer to ask them where the horn was and I was right, they did put it in a ridiculous spot. Its on the passenger side behind the bumper,kind of behind the fog light down near the ground. To get to it you have to remove a few screws from the plastic splash guard on the passenger side wheel well and lower some of the front air dam, then you reach in and loosen one bolt and unplug the horn. It only took about 10 minutes. I forgot to ask how much a new one cost but first I'm gonna try getting one at a scrap yard. Edited by I hope GMRULES again

Sounds like a good plan. Try the easiest thing first.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0