Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Why Do You Love GM So Much?

HarleyEarl

The vehicles from the 40s to the early 70s is what really makes me love GM. I don't really care for anything now but for Cadillac and Buick to reach it's glory days. Cadillac is almost there, but Buick isn't even close. Comon GM, make the Velite already! :P I'm tired of Buick's dowdy designs. Have been all my life...

Grandpa , Billy Durant , Boss Kettering , Harley Earl , Bill Mitchell , Zora Arkus Duntov , Mauri Rose , Henry Smokey Yunick , Bunky Knudson , Fireball , Bill Jenkins , Dale Earnhardt , Richard Childress , Vince Piggins , Paul Prior , Reher Morrison Shepherd , Rick Hendrick , John Middlebrook , Warren Johnson , Darrell Waltrip , Cale Yarborough , Ron Sperry , Bob Lutz , Greg Anderson

I am a GM fan because of the following: 1. Rich Heritage 2. Innovation upon Innovation 3. Design Leader in the 50s, 60s. 70s 4. Harley Earl, designer icon 5. Bill Mitchell, designer icon 6. Corvette 7. Cadillac 8. Small Block V8s 9. Historically and Culturally American. 10. Solstice/Sky/Lutz & the reawakening of the giant

Born and Raised in GM UAW Family (For Good or Bad) :blink: Love the underrated Quality cars GM Produces (most of the time) and mostly the affordable price. Why would anyone pay a $57k starting price for a $27k Avalon with Buick interior is my question? :huh: Now all the Wonderful things Lutz is doing, what is not to Love?

I am a GM fan because of the following:

1.  Rich Heritage
2.  Innovation upon Innovation
3.  Design Leader in the 50s, 60s. 70s
4.  Harley Earl, designer icon
5.  Bill Mitchell, designer icon
6.  Corvette
7.  Cadillac
8.  Small Block V8s
9.  Historically and Culturally American.
10. Solstice/Sky/Lutz & the reawakening of the giant

[post="18732"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Also, when growing up, my Dad dabbled at first with Chrylser cars, and then made a switch to GM and continued to buy a string of them over the years. I remember the GM dealership and it's cars always seemed a bit more modern, fresh, with the times, whereas the competition was a little dowdy. So I got the GM bug early and it really never left, even in GM's darkest days. I have owned countless GM models and enjoyed each and every one of them.

Born and Raised in GM UAW Family (For Good or Bad)  :blink: Love the underrated Quality cars GM Produces (most of the time) and mostly the affordable price.

Why would anyone pay a $57k starting price for a $27k Avalon with Buick interior is my question?  :huh:

Now all the Wonderful things Lutz is doing, what is not to Love?

[post="18737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Can you explain your pricing structure?

But seriously folks,

My Gram had one of these diesel beasts when I was a little kid:
Posted Image

I was the one that got to tell her when the "Wait to start" light would go out and I always got to press the garage door opener button.

It was waaaay cooler then my Mom's Subaru wagon and my other grandmother's VW Rabbit Diesel.

It went "wacka wacka wacka" just like fozzy bear.

My neighbor had an e-body eldorado and an e-body seville. I've alwasy loved those cars, especially the e-body Eldorado.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

2 words:

Monte
(and)
Carlo

He he he

Course, Dad always owning Chevrolets had something to do with that, too ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I'm not the only person with these things in mind" ... Linkin Park ... 'Somewhere I Belong'

With me, it started with the F-bodies, mutated into Pontiacs in general, then (as I noticed the styling of them all) GM as a whole. They should never have sold Lotus. I think, with the right cars, it easily could have taken Aston, Ferrari, Porsche, and Lambo...

because I like to root for the under dog, and then I got my firebird, and realized the value of a good automobile... like the time I went to an auto show with my friend, and his 4 cars as the guy was directing my friends dad in parking his 70 SS Chevelle, my friends mom commented on how close he was allowing the car to his body (almost against his shins) and he replied "Ma'am, It would be an Honor to be run over by this car." Things like that is why I enjoy the car company, because so many people value the company, and what it is capable of, at first I was dumb founded on how anyone could cherrish a car so much, but now I know, and I thank GM for that. I have learned to Love my Firebird with all its imperfections because of they way I feel when I drive it. The feeling of sheer power, the fact I can push my foot on the ground slightly and the car can throw me into my seat... its love that no woman can give me... its awesome I love my car

because I like to root for the under dog, and then I got my firebird, and realized the value of a good automobile...

like the time I went to an auto show with my friend, and his 4 cars as the guy was directing my friends dad in parking his 70 SS Chevelle, my friends mom commented on how close he was allowing the car to his body (almost against his shins) and he replied "Ma'am, It would be an Honor to be run over by this car."

Things like that is why I enjoy the car company, because so many people value the company, and what it is capable of, at first I was dumb founded on how anyone could cherrish a car so much, but now I know, and I thank GM for that.

I have learned to Love my Firebird with all its imperfections because of they way I feel when I drive it.  The feeling of sheer power, the fact I can push my foot on the ground slightly and the car can throw me into my seat... its love that no woman can give me... its awesome I love my car

[post="18845"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

like that?

IM A GM FAN BECAUSE

1-THE CAMARO IS THE BEST CAR EVER

B)

[post="18812"][/post]

That's a great number one reason. :) I pretty much agre wiht ALL the great points about GMs greatnes in this thread.

Here's thirteen more reasons why GM kicks A$$!

1. Posted Image

2. Posted Image

3. Posted Image

4. Posted Image

5. Posted Image

6. Posted Image

7. Posted Image

8. Posted Image

9. Posted Image

10. Posted Image

11. Posted Image

12. Posted Image

13. Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

I love GM because they simply make the best cars. Case and point - my car and personal favorite - The Camaro The Corvette, the GTO, "Cadillac", Buick GNX, "SS" (superduper sport), the real meaning of the word TRUCK, 1935 Suburban, Nascar (hehe), NHRA, Corvair (hey, we all gotta learn), Quad four, Hot rod, Small block, Big block, Bel air, Avalanche, when you say Impala to a normal person they don't think of the animal, Malibu - see above ^, Horsepower measured in HP, not Kilowatts, ........I could go on forever but GM embodies the phrase "the American Dream." No one has ever said, my dream car is a 67 Toyota. lol And if they did, they need to be shot.

Wow, that's a cool ad Fly. Love it. Now if the Aurora was just RWD with a 6-speed manual... *bites tongue* Edited by Sixty8panther

The Lexus LS ($57K) is a rebadged Avalon ($27K),  can't see why it would be worth $30k more.  Great marketing though....

[post="19097"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

(No offense, since I've never seen you post, but) How old are you, 13?

Those are two totally different cars. Rear-drive V-8 technoluxobarge vs. front-drive V-6 North-America-only seniormobile. Looks between the two are completely different, as are the dimensions.

Let's not let the hatred of Toyota Motor Sales get in the way of the facts.

GM has the best "new car smell"! :)

[post="18929"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, good one. I still have that vintage 60s interior smell in my Camaro. I love it. Love that smell. Wish they botteled it!

Harley:

I just got a new desktop wallpaper, THANKS. I just want to rip my clothes off and profess my love to that girl... the Woman standing next to Miss '68 Stingray is cute too. Edited by Sixty8panther

Why do I love GM so much? It goes something like this: My father and I were at a hockey game when I was very young. During intermission he picked me up and dangled me over the balcony (we were in the nosebleed seats). The following dialogue ensued: Dad: "What's your favorite car company?" Me: "Ford" Dad: "No" (proceeds to shake me by the ankles) What is your favorite car company?" Me: "Chrysler?" Dad "NOOOOOOO" (lets go of one of my ankles) "Now, what is your favorite car company?" Me: "GM! GM!" Dad: "That's right." He then pulls me back into my seat and hands me my popcorn. . . . . . . . Actually, none of that happened, but it is how my former co-worker's father taught him how to like the New York Rangers. If you put all the responses to this thread together, you'd have my answer.

Wow, good one. I still have that vintage 60s interior smell in my Camaro. I love it. Love that smell. Wish they botteled it!

Harley:

I just got a new desktop wallpaper, THANKS. I just want to rip my clothes off and profess my love to that girl... the Woman standing next to Miss '68 Stingray is cute too.

[post="19109"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

When I first saw that photo/ad, I just about came. No other car company,no other culture, no other country, no other time, could have brought all this together....the woman's look, her style, the car.....purely American. It's the America I love.

My dad always had the coolest Pontiacs...421 Catalinas w/ 4 speed, posi, 8 lug aluminum wheels. My 5 older brothers all had GTOs, firebirds, el caminos.. I grew up with a sore neck from banging gears very time I went for a ride, none were stock, my sic brothers were severe gearheads. I've had dozens of fast muscle cars and enjoy building chevy V-8 engines 'cause they are inexpensive and bulletproof when done right. I worked as a contract designer at GM for 15 years and one day, out of the blue, GM offered me a direct position in Design/Eng.!!! I run a sleeper '79 Malibu on Woodward (I live a few blocks off it) that runs 12s ...I say it's a 305. itsnot. There are no words to describe how happy and lucky I feel to be designing stuff just as I dreamed as a kid. The weird part is, they hired me 'cause of my garage skills and attitude. God I love my job at GM and try my best every day to make a difference! Edited by mightymouse