FIRST LOOK: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu

DetroitNut90

The new Malibu - Your Vote  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Hype aside, what do you think of the new 'Bu?

• 5 - Wow! Truly a world-class entry!
    • 4 - Very good and almost there, but...
    • 3 - A nice effort. Middle of the road
    • 2 - Better than the old 'Bu...but that's it
    • 1 - Puke-o-Rama! Throw it back!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree: horribly plastic-icky and gross... it blows chunks. "GM still doesn't get it".

They "got it" with the Silverado, Outlook, Tahoe, Enclave, CTS, Escalade, Acadia, SRX, Sierra, Yukon, DTS, Lucerne, Avalanche, G8, Suburban...

The Malibu's (and the AURA's) just doesn't float my boat. I'm in love with the exterior, though.

Fine- but any chance you might consider "doesn't float my boat" instead of the clenched-fist 'heavy Fisher-Price, econo-grade interior' knock??? We're tryin' to pull for the 'bu, here, and besides, descriptors like that only whip turbo200 into a wild-eyed frenzy. :wink:

That was my gut impression when I first laid my eyes on the actual pics of the interior, so it's more of an unaltered regfootball-style reaction. AFAIK, all my other comments on the 'bu have been positive.

But, yeah, I still find the interior way too Fisher-Price and econo-grade for the segment. The AURA door panels are especially vomit-inducing. :( And I can't stand the shiny leather and thick orange piping...

You guys are right the single piano black, center stack in ALL of the Fusion's interior is totally not Fisher-Price... geeshh give it a rest people... I think that both the Aura and Malibu have perfectly fine interiors. < well not perfect but fine in my eyes... that doesn't say much... but to me its not as bad as some of you guys make it out to seem.

Edited by BlkHhr104

After seeing the Malibu in person, it is classy, but rather bland. Not as bland as an Accord or Camry, but still more bland than the Altima. However, the design looks more elegant and classy than anything in the class, save maybe the Passat, which is much more expensive.