Fordfan1

2009 Chrysler 300

5 posts in this topic

A lot more aggressive, but I think it might lose some of that "Poor Man's Bentley" appeal. It looks like the beltline is more angled than the previous generation and the front-end goes without saying. The 300C's big selling point was that it was more of a luxury vehicle than a sports sedan. Only the sales story will tell, but I think they might lose some customers with this redesign, because it doesn't have that "classy" look anymore. Maybe that's just my opinion, but this looks more Charger-like. They should make the Charger front-end like this not the 300C.

As much as I like it, it's no 300. Give it a little less slab-sidedness and you've got my vote for the next Sebring.

Edited by Ethan

Like the PTCruiser...it is going to be very hard for Chrysler to improve on such a popular vehicle. They are pretty much destined to lose fans in the process. The 300C has such a unique design and was so successful I am sure Chrysler doesn't know where to take it next. As a matter a fact, the only test mules that have been caught have refreshened rear ends and nothing done to the front of the vehicle. I also read an article that Chrysler planned on refining the interiors in their next revision, which they feel is the weakest point of the cars.

Cars like the New (heh) Beetle, PTCruiser, new Mustang, HHR, SSR, retro Camaro and other cars that have tapped into the past are going to be hard to deal with when it comes to redesigning them and not disrupting your fan base. The benchmark has been set so high that anything less could potentially make the car a failure, especially cars like the PTCruiser and Beetle which built its entire legacy on a retro theme...I think the more manufacturers push them as a retro designs the harder they will be to redesign.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.