Sketch Competition #13 - Buick Flagship

Welcome to Sketch Competition #13!

Posted Image

Buick has had a long and storied heritage of beautifully-crafted automobiles. Top of the line Buicks have long been heralded for their timeless designs - Roadmaster, Electra, Riviera, Park Avenue.

Now, its your turn to create the future.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to create a flagship vehicle for Buick in the near future. This can be anything from a sporty roadster to a fullsized sedan. Perhaps you may want to recreate the Riviera or Electra. Its up to you. Your sketch should include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:

-3/4 Front View
-3/4 Rear View
-Interior View

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views, the better, including ones not specifically listed above. Also, if you want to include special features, by all means point them out!

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this must be a Buick vehicle.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Tuesday, Janaury 23rd @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

Decided to finally enter another competition... and I'm taking it seriously for once. Expect an interior sometime before the deadline to accompany it.

Posted Image

Nice job, new four door Riv!!!!

I haven't drawn in about ...............god..................hang on....carry the 2 ...............A serious drawing in like 15 years (oil can....oil can) talk about rusty!!!!Crap, how long until the deadline?

Nice job, new four door Riv!!!!

I haven't drawn in about ...............god..................hang on....carry the 2 ...............A serious drawing in like 15 years (oil can....oil can) talk about rusty!!!!Crap, how long until the deadline?

Draw! You've got a week! And they're usually pretty lenient if you're late.

Are you going to tell me that there are only one entry other than mine in this with just a few days to go? Come on people... This is pathetic.

lol, my buick is going to beat yours!!!!! :AH-HA_wink: :pokeowned::deadhorse::deadhorse:

but seriously guys, get your asses in gear and enter!!!

ive got another enrty on the way, plus, perhaps an even more agressive coupe version of my buick.

Edited by Burns

2010 Buick Riviera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My two favorite Rivieras are the early 70's boattails and the last generation. I tried to put them together in the context of a very modern four door coupe version.

Edited by Zulehan

2010 Buick Riviera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My two favorite Rivieras are the early 70's boattails and the last generation. I tried to put them together in the context of a very modern four door coupe version.

Damn, that has my vote! :idhitit:

Buick or Buik? Which is it? :P :wink:

But yay... more entries... about time.

It was 5am when I drew that...so...f@#k you :P

2010 Buick Riviera.

Posted Image

it is good, but the rear lights look droopy(read: sad, maybe pouty)?

2010 Buick Riviera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

NOW THATS WHAT A BUICK SHOULD LOOK LIKE, THATS NICE!!!! ONE COMMENT THOUGH, MAKE THE REAR DECK MORE LIKE A SEDAN THAN A HATCH BACK.....JMHO VERY WELL DONE!!

Damn, I forgot about this, I'll try to sketch one out real quick tonight

since Thursday nights are wicked hectic. I've done a few craptastic

skribbles in the past based on the '59 E-225 Riviera.

On a side note if one more person posts a PILLARED SEDAN here

and calls it a RIVIERA I'm going to blow a gasket.

Riviera originally stood for HARDTOP. It was the car that ushered in

the hardtop era. (1949-1978) and as we are witnessing a GM rebirth

of sorts we need to stop butchering names. There's nothing wrong

with a four door Riviera, but regardless of how many doors it has it

MUST NOT have a fixed B-pillar.

THESE are true Rivieras:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And that's all I'm going to say about that. :twocents:

Edited by Sixty8panther

So, 1964-1999 Rivieras are all fake. Ohkay.

Since this is a design contest submission thread, I'm not going to carry this on any further than pointing out that Buick itself didn't take your definition as gospel since they chose to forego it and name an entire model line after it. A Riviera is a large, graceful luxury coupe and since the loose definition of 'coupe' seems to have lost all meaning these days with the CLS and X6, then why not bestow a beautiful name on a rightly-beautiful car?

Posted Image

Just hammered this out durring the rerun of the "Mega Streisand" episode of S.P.

The best looking Buick since the 71-72 Boat tails was the LaCrosse concept. :wub:

God i want to give up life now. I cant do wheels or interiors lol it looks like the back tire is a dough nut on the back and it looks like it has a penis shifter.

Any way this is supposed to be a realistic 2 door zeta based on the holden caprice

I choose Riviera Type-T cause a V12 engine. 6 ports. I know its not right terminology but it sounds cool

oh well maybe i will get one vote.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:lol::blink:

i will have to do a road blazer for the showcase one day makes me laugh everytime.

Edited by capriceman

Althouth it was just subconscious if anything I think

my design came off as a lame imitation of the

beautiful (2000?) LaCrosse concept car.

The coolest four door hardtop concept of the 1990s &

one of the coolest modern concepts cars of all time,

second to the Cadillac SIXTEEN of course...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther