Ford Interceptor-Preview Images

47 posts in this topic

Flybrian    0

CONCEPT
Ford Interceptor

Posted Image

PRESS RELEASE:
Keeping Mustang momentum accelerating

Ford is committed to deliver fresh Mustang news every year. In 2007, good news comes early as America's favorite muscle car debuts as a grown-up four-door sedan.

The Ford Interceptor concept – based on a stretched Mustang platform – comes equipped with a manual six-speed gearbox mated to a Ford Racing 5.0-liter V-8 Cammer engine that delivers 400 horsepower and runs on E-85 ethanol.

Full Article & High Resolution Image @ AutoBlog

hey looked a 300 with a three bar grill! is this an option on the 2007 model? man Ford is gunna be pissed!

oh... wait... :banghead::duh:<_<

Intrepidation    846

I like it...and in case none of you have noticed boxy is still very much in style. Look at all the boxy cars and trucks out there. Even that mystery prototype is a box. This thing looks great, though I think the grill would be better polished.

Too bad that unlike Chrysler, Ford lacks the balls to build it.

Edited by Dodgefan

I like it...and in case none of you have noticed boxy is still very much in style. Look at all the boxy cars and trucks out there. Even that mystery prototype is a box.

just because people are still putting the cars out... doesnt mean they are in style... most of them arent selling... and "in style" doesnt always equal "looks good"

but beyond just that... there are lots of ways to do boxy without being boring... (see: Cadillac) and both the 300 and this thing dont acheive that... sure the 300s front end is kind pretty with all the chrome... but get past the a-pillar and... *yawn* its a slab sided brick... hooray... same with this thing... the front end is daring and out there... but look from a pillar back... its literally a chrysler 300 clone... and it would be very difficult to argue otherwise...

either way you hash it... its still another brick on the road... but it does have one thing going for it... its not a hatchback... :lol:

mustang84    12

Holy cow! Maybe tone down the front a little, but that is a sexy shaped Ford! I showed it to my grandpa who is a long-time Panther owner, and he loved it. This is a BOLD MOVE...now Ford just needs to build it. Make a Mercury version too!

Cory Wolfe    263

Wait... let me get this straight. It's a 300, but instead of a waffle iron up front, its a Gillette razor? Yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't like it. They're better off making a Mustang sedan, not a 300 look a like on a Mustang platform.

turbo200    6

well, i was going to say it borrowed a lot from 300, but many have already beat me to it. i'm not crazy about the front or the rear, but it works with the rest of the car, and it is very sexy, as is. I don't know if Ford has what it takes to build this car as is, however, as a 26k entry luxury sedan from Ford, I'd say it would work well, and find a pretty large market. I think it's funny that before we had trucks that were trying to look more carlike, and now we have cars that are adopting truck-like front ends. The front could stand to change, but I like it. The Interceptor will be built, the question is when and how close to this will it be.

mustang84    12

I don't get the 300 comments...the shape takes more from the 2003 427 concept than anything. 300s have much harder edges and creases, whereas the 427 and Interceptor are much more fluid.

IMO, it looks as similar as a 1979 LTD looked to a 1979 Caprice...both have a general boxy shape, but it ends there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FAPTurbo    1,080

That... looks... awesome... Super Chief grille and all.

Build it!...

As for the Chrysler 300 comments, yeah, it's brick like, but at the same time, it looks different. And besides, it won't have craptastic DCX interiors!

ocnblu    733
I absolutely love it. It needs to be built, with the smallest bit of toning-down. Dynamic, strong, and American, this is everything the achingly dull 500 is not. Hard to believe this hot sedan is from the same company. This car is instantly recognizable as a Ford, from the bolder 3-bar grille, to the Galaxie taillights. Definitely sleeker than the suddenly stubby looking (but trailblazing) Chrysler 300. Do it now, Ford!

hyperv6    774

Not a bad looking car but will not have the impact now the 300 is out. I agree it looks like a smaller 427 but if this had been the first out before the 300 everyone would have said wow, now it's just another slab sided sedan.

The front looks like a future Ford truck and needs to be more eligant or sporty for a sedan.

I just pray that what we have heard about the Impala makes it a more original design with styling that sets it part. I hate to see GM do a slab sided sedan this late in the game. From what the Camaro has shown I do not ecpect an old design and the new GM is not affraid to change it up till the last moment.

Ford blew it when they did not build something like this and gave us the 500.

The c-piller is the only part I see as a 300 ripoff, otherwise its not even close.

The side windows also...that same chop-top look to the roof.

I like it overall, though the roof is way too low (I actually like to be able to see out of a car). I'd love to see Ford build a modern RWD V8 big car..

SableStyle    0

I don't get the 300 comments...the shape takes more from the 2003 427 concept than anything. 300s have much harder edges and creases, whereas the 427 and Interceptor are much more fluid.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this...from the A-pillar forward it's a different car, and the much more rounded C-pillar means less rear headroom but a much different look than the 300. I think when real door handles are put in the proper spot on the door, then it'll look even more different.

That front end is nice. It's bold, anyways. I think it'd have to be changed a bit for production, but I really like it as is.

This thing smashes the Crown Vic and probably the 500, anyways. Why not build it? You have the platform, you have a Lincoln variant that ACTUALLY LOOKS DIFFERENT (MKR is on a Mustang platform as well as this, right?), and you need an American-looking car in this segment. Last-gen Passat styling is clean and comfortable and safe and really not all that bad, but it doesn't sell. This will, if they bring it to production correctly.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this