gerardo

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

40 posts in this topic

I like the front and interior. Not feelin the back... too...uhm... Volvoish.

This vehicle is devoid of style. Lots of straight lines and squares. Even the interior is that way. I can't imagine this vehicle being successful in the marketplace.

Gonna be seeing quite a few with Suncoast Gold Edition vinyl tops and whitewalls. The interior? Meh. The Aviator concept made the squared 70s look seem interesting. This just looks like Lincoln raided a Pier One and a box of 1980 Sony VCR buttons.

I like this interior...very 60s feeling, and the body looks pretty good in white. The materials seem top notch and the fit and finish is about as good as it gets. Despite having the 3.0L, I think this will do decently for Lincoln.

I like the retro interior and color scheme. The exterior looks surprisingly gaudy; the concept and press release photos made it look elegant instead.

Ford and Lincoln are in big trouble with this car and the 500 and Montego as well. This is no Lincoln. A massive mistake. It looks like the Mazda6 it is. A gilded one. What a disappointment. Some heads will roll over this bland, boring, dull, safe styling direction that some have embraced at Ford. A disaster in the making. Yes they are GM's competition, but I want Ford to be healthy American competition for GM.

I think I'd take a Fusion or Milan over the Zephyr. None of them have particularly distinctive designs, and I don't really care for the dash being so high in the Zephyr, it looks like it belongs in/came out of the Navigator.

Lincoln is quickly becoming irrelevant in today's market. This thing looks terrible inside and out. How is anyone fooled by this?

Posted Image

I think the Milan is the best of the three...

I guess the biggest problem with the Lincoln is the fact that it look's so boring, I don't care that it's based on the mazda 6, or that it has a mercury and a ford twin.

Here's what companies I see being dropped real soon, in order: Isuzu, Lincoln, Buick, Mercury. I couldn't care less about Isuzu, but I really hate saying this especially about Buick-as well as Lincoln and Mercury. Simply wasted potential for the three.I read the review for the Fusion on ConsumerGuide, and it basically stated that it was a very average and banal car. Very disappointing. The Lincoln sounds nice on paper, but its just so disappointing, and the interior, as nice as it looks, depicts that too. Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

I actually saw one of these and like how it looks..

Not a bad vehicle by any means, but I REALLY do not see a FWD-Mazda based small sedan working for Lincoln. Ford and Mercury? Yeah, absolutely. But moving up to Lincoln, well, I just don't think it will work. It will probably be the same situation they've had with the LS, and the LS is an arguably better car than this, albeit strangely more cramped.

The car looks great, inside and out. The interior's a little high and square, but the material use is nice and the wood lookds great. The front fascia is agressive and VERY Lincoln. The rear lamps are a little to large, IMO. I don't like the idea of FWD Lincolns, but this is as good a FWD Lincoln as we're gonna get. The definitely need to get the new 3.5L duratec in there asap, though.

Here's what companies I see being dropped real soon, in order: Isuzu, Lincoln, Buick, Mercury. I couldn't care less about Isuzu, but I really hate saying this especially about Buick-as well as Lincoln and Mercury. Simply wasted potential for the three.I read the review for the Fusion on ConsumerGuide, and it basically stated that it was a very average and banal car. Very disappointing. The Lincoln sounds nice on paper, but its just so disappointing, and the interior, as nice as it looks, depicts that too.

[post="18965"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, your first problem is that you're reading Consumer Guide.

Every review I have read (C&D, Motor Trend, Automotive News, even the Lienerts) gave the Fusion/Milan a gold star for handling and driving characteristics...and that's with the 3.0L. C&D, who rarely likes anything Ford, said the only nitpicks were needing a firmer brake pedal and the Duratec not sounding as pure as Honda's V6 (:rolleyes:), as well as needing stability control optional. That was it. Otherwise, they ended it with:

With its stylish looks, fine road manners, practical configuration, and aggressive pricing, the Fusion should make a strong impact in the mainstream-sedan segment--and truly put Ford back in the car game.

Go to other message boards and you will find plenty of import fans that love this vehicle. Many have said it is a domestic they would actually consider buying.

I'm a Ford fan, but even if I wasn't I see no reason why the Fusion isn't Car of the Year material. Styling is merely subjective...it all comes down to quality and how it drives. And the Fusion/Milan/Zephyr excell in both.

It's alright, I like the Milan the best of the quadruplets, but this really isn't bad, I just hate the interior. Exterior? Meh, I can deal.

considering how many dolts buy expensive styleless cars like Acuras, Subarus, Avalons, and Lexus Camry's, (*cough* WOMEN *cough* YUPPIES *cough* CLUELESS FKS *cough* RICERS *cough* BABY BOOMERS *cough*) I think the Zephyr is a response to that type of car....its an entry level near lux car that gets it status from being the dressy version of its basic kin, and not much else. The fate of this car rests on whether folks like the interior. This is simply a rebadge exerciseto sell another car in a lincoln showroom and quite honestly I have no problem with that. There is a market of folks, that's all they want. I wish Lincoln had invested in a new LS. Even if it were the same chassis, a new interior and exterior skin with some performance packages would be tremendously welcome. The Zephyr is fluff, but some folks want that. Edited by regfootball

, (*cough* WOMEN *cough* YUPPIES *cough* CLUELESS FKS *cough* RICERS *cough* BABY BOOMERS *cough*) .

[post="19024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Do you have any idea how wrong and biased your comments are. Did you get stuck in traffic trying to escape a hurricane or is this your natural state?

Not a bad vehicle by any means, but I REALLY do not see a FWD-Mazda based small sedan working for Lincoln.  Ford and Mercury?  Yeah, absolutely.  But moving up to Lincoln, well, I just don't think it will work.

It will probably be the same situation they've had with the LS, and the LS is an arguably better car than this, albeit strangely more cramped.

[post="18970"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed. The LS had some some performance cred like its RWD setup (imagine if it were AWD from its into!) and choice of six or eight cylinders. And when they ditched the Park Avenue chrome bumper edge moldings a few years down, it looks quite hot.

I really see the Zephyr becoming Lincoln's Catera, i.e. selling to the older set because its the cheapest 'Lincoln'. Catera wasn't a real Cadillac and this isn't a real Lincoln.

Do you have any idea how wrong and biased your comments are.  Did you get stuck in traffic trying to escape a hurricane or is this your natural state?

[post="19051"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haypops, in other words it means "no one that buys a Cadillac," though I see a lot of women, yuppies and baby boomers in them.

I like the Zephyr more than the Fusion and Milan but I wish Ford stuck with the concept interior. They changed a few key details (center stack, gauges) that made it look really good. I doubt this will cause the storm that Ford is hoping for but, on the other hand, look at the Lincoln lineup: it desperately needs a midsize car. Granted, a FWD Mazda isn't the ideal platform to build off of but it's something. The Lincoln brand is so messed up right now it's sad. It's a shame after all these years Ford can't see what calculated risks, good engineering and bold styling (Cadillac) can do for a brand.

It's a shame after all these years Ford can't see what calculated risks, good engineering and bold styling (Cadillac) can do for a brand.

I think Ford does see it, but doesn't have the funds to revive both Jaguar and Lincoln.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor