Acadia is INCREDIBLE!

gilbert0406

I'm a salesman at a P-B-G dealer in Columbus, OH. We just got our first two Acadia's in yesterday. All I can say is WOW. They drive like a dream, they're super functional, and they look great. I haven't been this excited about a new car like this ever before. I'll try to post pics at a later time.

Please do and welcome to the site! :thumbsup: Let us know how fast they go.

I saw a GMC Acadia this week and I like it better than any SUV I have ever looked at, ever! GM is back! I do not want to drive a big truck so not on my list but my wife who never gets into or talks about vehicles like me who is always reading up and checking out cars/trucks also thought it was the best SUV she ever looked or sat in. It is simply stunning. The coolest looking GM product ever and I cannot see it not selling non-stop as it was such a quality piece!!!!!!!!!

I saw a GMC Acadia this week and I like it better than any SUV I have ever looked at, ever! GM is back! I do not want to drive a big truck so not on my list but my wife who never gets into or talks about vehicles like me who is always reading up and checking out cars/trucks also thought it was the best SUV she ever looked or sat in. It is simply stunning. The coolest looking GM product ever and I cannot see it not selling non-stop as it was such a quality piece!!!!!!!!!

i'll definitly try to find one and look for myself (one lot in the immediate area), just hope the price of the options doesn't deter many people.

and welcome... i've not seen you on any other topics i've looked at.

Edited by loki

I'm a salesman at a P-B-G dealer in Columbus, OH. We just got our first two Acadia's in yesterday. All I can say is WOW. They drive like a dream, they're super functional, and they look great. I haven't been this excited about a new car like this ever before. I'll try to post pics at a later time.

Sweet...I'll have to stop in sometime and look one over. I live about 1500 feet from there.

I saw my first Acadia today at work... bigger than I originally thought, beautiful in every way!

I have been reading everything on this site for quite a few yrs now, just never get around to posting much but that may change with how great GM is turning everything around the last yr or so. Thank you for your note. C&G is my fave non-music internet site.

Please do and welcome to the site! :thumbsup: Let us know how fast they go.

132 MPH! Which is like 459 km/hr! :P

(No, really, I have no idea how fast they go. And that's not even the question Fly was asking. :smilewide: )

The Acadias do look very nice though. I'd love to make my parents go check one out, but at this time they probably won't spend the money that it costs. I think they're going to go for something cheap when the Durango's gone, but who knows..

My wife currently has an Envoy and we were out and about last week, when she caught a big GMC grille coming around a turn and asked what it was. I missed it and had too much traffic behind us for me to see clearly. She knew enough that it was not another Envoy, but thought it was extremely small, claiming it to look like the size of an Equinox. I figured it to be an Acadia, but it doesn't make sense to me that she would think it was so small...Aren't these like the length of a Tahoe and nearly as tall too? Looked that way in the other post sitting next to an Escalade. There is no rumored GMC version of the Equinox/Torrent is there? Wouldn't make sense if P-B-G are one dealership entity going forward...

Cool...I just noticed this was my 200th Post! Woohoo.

Edited by CreativeVision

They look much smaller than they really are, but yes, the Lambdas are very big. The NG Torrent is becoming a GMC.

When is this rumored to be out in public...couldn't have been possible that we spotted an early version could it? She did say it was white(although all white, no zebra striping). I asked if she could tell what plates were on it, and she said they were dealer plates. A GMC dealer is less than 200 yards down the road from where it came, so could have been one of the first Acadia's out for a test drive.

new poster here. great site! I've been stalking since the Acadia was announced this summer. :thumbsup:

Took a test drive on Thursday. The Acadia is everything I'd hoped it would be. My dealer had a fully loaded SLT2 AWD. Was able to take the "perfect" route of "interstate" and then back roads to loop around where the dealership is located to get a great feel for what the car can do. Gotta say I was relieved when I put my foot in it on the on ramp and it responded. The reviews knocked it a bit for not having that burst so I was anxious to test that. While it may not have snapped my neck as my Durango can, it did what it needed to do and frankly I'd prefer that my neck not be snapped ^_^ As far as the back road test go, it's the same road I took in my Durango to get to the lot and there simple was no comparison. The Acadia took all bumps like a champ (19" wheels on this one) and took the curves like a sedan. VERY impressed.

The dealer would have gotten a sale that night if not for the very light Titanium Leather seats. WAY to light for a family in my opinion. Going to have to go with the Ebony Leather as they really don't offer an alternative "light" interior.

GM is getting a long time Chrysler owner into their ranks very soon :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, saw a $45,100 SLT-2 AWD model in Carbon Metallic at the dealer last Friday. It was loaded to the gills-Light Titanium Leather, the second-row (fixed) SkyScape sunroof; HUD (which I saw in person for the first time-displays outside temperature, transmission gear selector, and MPH), rear DVD player, power front moonroof, alarm/remote starter/entry, Navigation Stereo, oh it was beautiful! My only fault with it, other than a shortage of a few colors and a Cadillac-level pricetag are the lack of recliners in the 2nd row, a pair of buckets in the middle for optional 7-passenger capacity. Oh sure SmartSlide is nice, but I was (unpleasantly) surprised to find that the seats didn't recline-I figured it would be a given. A little more legroom would be nice too, but entry/exit was first rate as was the rest of the Acadia! Best new GM product I've ever seen/been in-a little expensive, but I'd surely get it if I had a family/for my family! Also saw a Liquid Silver Metallic SLE, with black OSRV mirrors and rocker panel moldings but color-keyed bodyside moldings-a bit cheap looking but still fine I bet. Great brochure, but more colors should be offered and displayed in there.

I, too, was in for service at my dealership and they had a new silver Acadia on the floor. At first, since I am NOT a truck/SUV/crossover person, I wondered what it was. It is a very good-looking vehicle for its genre. It is nicely finished inside and the overall feel is impressive. I am a car person, so I wouldn't probably get one. But, if this was my market, this would be a very tempting choice. Nice work, GM !

Edited by trinacriabob

well. I'm now the proud owner of a new Acadia :pbjtime:

bought an SLT-2 AWD. Carbon Metallic with Ebony seats. Picked it up in time for a business trip so got to put about 800 miles on it in 2 days to break it in. I'm TOTALLY pleased with it. Great ride. Incredibly comfortable. Exactly what I hoped it would be when I first saw pictures this summer.

Way to go GM!

well. I'm now the proud owner of a new Acadia :pbjtime:

bought an SLT-2 AWD. Carbon Metallic with Ebony seats. Picked it up in time for a business trip so got to put about 800 miles on it in 2 days to break it in. I'm TOTALLY pleased with it. Great ride. Incredibly comfortable. Exactly what I hoped it would be when I first saw pictures this summer.

Way to go GM!

Congratulations and welcome! Be sure to post some pics!

I love the Lambadas. Each version looks great and distinctive. My only concern is the weight. Like many other new GM models--these are getting porky.

And as good as the 3.6L is--for the weight--it needs some more power.

Base 3.6 275hp, optinal 305hp DI V6, optional V8--say 5.3L ? Or just a HF bigger then 3.6L

Today I got my chance with both an Acadia and then a Yukon. I expected to enjoy both, and did, but the Acadia really won me over. Here’s a bit more of a breakdown:

Model & Equipment:

Acadia SLE FWD, with Convenience Package, Cargo Package, Preferred Package, Trailering Package, and 8-passenger Seating. Stickered right at $31,019.

Exterior:

Though I still think a few angles are a bit chunky, it looks great in person. Just the right level of chrome, gray trim, and textures—and the dual chrome exhaust looks terrific. Wheels also are very fitting, and even being a base, I really liked the looks of the standard 18” ones.

Inside:

Easily my favorite part. Very nice seats, great small chrome details, beautiful and clear gauges, and everything was a natural feel to grab and use. Most of the materials and plastics are harder, yes, but nothing looks or feels cheap and compared to even the Outlook, the Acadia’s overall design inside is more attractive.

As for the seats (all in cloth, which I loved), like I already mentioned, the fronts were very comfortable and supportive. The middle row did actually surprise me with how low it is, like others have mentioned, but a minute or two of sitting in it I was quite comfortable and also played with the fore-aft sliding. Back to the third, easily accessed with one of the best middle row flipping setups I’ve seen, was all that I expected and more. Lots of foot and leg space, just right height, and actually reminded me a lot of our Suburban’s third row—just, actually, a tad bit airier and much easier to get to. The best part of all, though, is how simple and easy it is to fold all the back seats into the floor and have a huge cargo space.

And all seats up, you have the cargo space in the very back comparable to most extended wheelbase minivans—terrific.

Performance:

This was my first experience with the GM 3.6L, and I was already in love with it right at start-up. So smooth, so quiet, and a lovely purr—sounded, felt, and ran like a high end jewel, and no more (even if excusable) growl or vibe from a common GM pushrod.

Once under way, the steering was firm, sharp and quick, and the brakes just right. It took off from a stop VERY well, and never seemed to struggle in the least, though on the curving and bumpy 35 mph road, the 6-spd was a little indecisive with me on and off the gas.

Handling was terrific, and you get the nicely raised driving feel combined with firm and extremely supple high-end luxury car ride. That, actually, was another thing that impressed the heck out of me. I was on a pretty torn up and windy road, but even the biggest hole just came through as a muted and distant thump, with no extra noise and no float. Absolutely terrific suspension tuning, and made even better by a body structure that’s extremely solid and well constructed with NO odd noise whatsoever, regardless of how cold it was or what terrain I was slamming it over. I’m a squeak and rattle freak and was very, very impressed by that.

Overall:

I knew I’d enjoy it from the reviews so far, but my test drive absolutely sealed the deal and now I’m infatuated by the Lambdas. The model I drove was technically on the lower end, cloth, FWD, and all, yet it was still nicely optioned and seemed loaded to the gills with more stuff than even I’d use—all for $31,019!!!

Given the wonderful interior layout, looks, high end build quality feel, and refinement, the pricetag is just beyond incredible, especially when I started comparing it to a typical Tahoe or Yukon. There were people waiting to drive it after I did, and given the reaction from everyone, I know this and the other Lambda family members are going to become one of the best all time sellers for GM and the crossover segment in general. The salesman I had agreed, and said the same.

Another best and worst part, for me? We have an ’04 Suburban now and the only vehicle I’ve heard my parents comment on as wanting next is a new Tahoe/Yukon, which I generally agreed with. We love the solid truck feel, quiet and comfortable ride, great space, and general looks. But having driven an Acadia and then a top tier Yukon minutes later, I just was not as impressed as I thought I’d be with the Yukon and it, almost, was kind of disappointing compared to the Acadia. Awesome truck, yes, and better than our ’04, but that just should show you how good the Acadia actually is. Even though I drove it second and last, I can't remember much from the Yukon, but do recall everything about the Acadia.

I still don’t think we’ll be in the market for at least another year, but for all that we like about an SUV (space, height, power, looks) combined with the more pleasant “car” attributes of a crossover, and a price THOUSANDS less than a comparable BOF SUV, one of these is going to be on the list to check out for sure (and will get a big push from me).

Edited by caddycruiser

Oh sure SmartSlide is nice, but I was (unpleasantly) surprised to find that the seats didn't recline-I figured it would be a given.

Have no fear. The rear seats in my Acadia does recline. They use the same strap to recline as they do to pull the seats forward to "collapse" them. They don't go all the way back as the front seats do but that's understandable as they'd get in the way of the rear seat collapse if they did.

I didn't know they could do that, but I was enamored enough with how easy it was to make the seats flip, fold, and disappear or reappear. Definitely a trump card over the larger and more expensive GM full-sizers I'm used to.

The only thing that bugged me, at least for a few seconds, was the lowness of the middle row--kind of made me feel down in a hole a bit--but the 3rd was fine, and I'm sure I'd get used to the 2nd after some use.

I forgot something a little funny from my test drive that I had to share too.

The one I drove was a FWD SLE, and as most know, SLE's get no badging to say as so--only SLT's get the SLT badge on both C-pillars. I was looking and looking, inside and out and playing with every little thing, when I noticed there was an SLT badge on the driver's side C-pillar. Knew something wasn't right, and went to the other side, and as should be, there was no badge on that side. No one at the dealer apparently had noticed, and when I pointed it out to the salesman he kind of got a little nervous like I was pointing it out as a bigger fault of some sort and said "Well, not everything is perfect. I'm sure we could have the guys remove that for you."

Didn't bug me one bit, but I guess it's been a while since I've seen a new car with the wrong badging randomly on it...so I wonder if there's now an Acadia SLT floating around out there missing a badge on one side :scratchchin:

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to see the acadia but not sit in one this wkd. i liked the interior layout better than the outlook.

The sales guy said they had sold 6 acadia that day, 3 himself. he said they are leaving the lot faster than they can get them.

there was a sales guy working with the sales manager on getting some lease terms set up for a couple. they said they would do 360-400 a month on a 12k lease with their 4-5k trade equity and the salesman said it was doable and that they were just trying to see if one with leather could be found that would fit into those terms.

that leads me to think

-its selling big time

-if the lease can be worked up that cheaply, they must have a good residual set up on them

My Wife and I drove one last night. We liked it overall, but like our Suburban better. For that matter, we found the Trailblazer EXT to be a better alternative for such a vehicle.

Huh? I guess if true truck virtues are your game, meaning BOF and available V8, but otherwise an extended GMT-360 (just as one example) can't hold a candle to a new Lambda in most regards, other than maybe towing. They drove like slop, were built beyond cheaply, and just looked a bit awkward. But, again, if you wanted more "truck", I can see the argument.

That said, we have an '04 Suburban, and I at least think they're terrific and could definitely see a Lambda replacing the beast. And from a few dealers I've heard from, their trades for them are saying the same in a lot of cases.

i still think GM should build the trailblazer and EXt, even if their volume would be way down. BOF fans like the value a full frame brings.

The short models are outdated enough, and with the bad sales of the long ones, it wasn't worth prolonging the pain. Seems a few miss them, but there's not been any outcry, and a lot of current short and long wheelbase GMT-360 owners are already looking towards a Lambda. Better to do more of where the market is turning, than try and just build things that are dying off because a few buyers still want them.

We actually use our SUV like they used to be made for, unlike most people. Our Suburbans pull things, been buried in mud up to their chassis, go on rough roads on a regular basis, haul more than 2 kids . . .

The Acadia, though nice, just doesn't seem to have the toughness we are looking for.

We actually use our SUV like they used to be made for, unlike most people. Our Suburbans pull things, been buried in mud up to their chassis, go on rough roads on a regular basis, haul more than 2 kids . . .

The Acadia, though nice, just doesn't seem to have the toughness we are looking for.

And that's still a very valid point, for sure. It's just that most people with such needs go directly to a Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban or Expedition anymore, and simply skip right over the smaller TB/Envoy/Explorer. For a lot of people, myself included, I could see and fit the smaller size, but anymore, that market has just croaked.

My mom and dad both like the styling of the Acadia.. and that it's world's above and beyond the damn Durango my mom drives. If luck has it, I'll have them set-up with a test drive this weekend..

Very much so, and from my one drive alone, that should be the deal sealer above all--absolutely terrific drive and quality, and clearly had money, time, and skill put into the design in spades.

Spent loads of time with the Acadia last night at the Chicago Auto Show and I am very impressed. So much so that i am planning on going for a test drive soon and then an eventual purchase if that turns out well.

For those that have had the chance, does it drive like a truck/SUV, or does it really feel like a car? I've never owned an SUV and don't care for my wife's Envoy. Worlds different from my little cars...

Also the one other major thing preventing me from purchasing would be the financing. In my area they are only offering 4.9% for 36 months. For a full 5-6 year finance loan it jumps to 7 or 7.9%. This could be the real deal breaker for me. Wish I knew when the 0% was coming for this model. But after Feb 28th I lose an additional $750 in Bonus Earnings...decisions, decisions! :dizzy:

Well, we went and looked at a model today. No test drive because we had plans. However, my parents both raved about how good it looks. Even my dad was saying how nice it is inside and out, which is a rarity from him. My mom is going to take one for a test drive this week when she takes my dad's GP in for an oil change..

Well I am a total car guy so I have never wanted nor driven many SUV's. I took the Envoy out a few times cause I loved how it looked when it came out but did not like driving it one bit as a car guy. The Acadia, on the other hand, drove AWESOME!!!!!!! I had to drive it looking the way it does at the dealer. I still do not know if I can move to one as the Malibu comes out soon enough and still feel I am a car guy. They are also cheaper! I would hope that we will continue to see the July 4th sale at 0.00% for 6 yrs like the past few yrs, I hope anyway! If so, I may just finally use my GM points on one this July! This truck, if you can call it that, is just spectacular in every way!