Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mp3 player?

I've been looking at them the last few weeks..and it's come down to two.

I pod nano

Sandisk Sensa (video ot stick)

I need it more for the music than anything, so the extra stuff is no big deal.

I'm leaning a bit toward the sensa because it has a FM tuner, and you can add memory....

Opinions? Ideas? Yours on fire right now? :scratchchin:

I'm listening...i need to learn more....

I own a Nano... and my brother owns a Sansa.

If the Sansa was out when I got the Nano, I'd have bought the Sansa instead. Yes, the Nano comes with iTunes which is easy to use, but Windows Media Player is great as well.

The iPod has plenty of 3rd party add ons, like FM tuners, etc... but if your Cavalier has a cassette deck, you'll be happy to know you can play your Sansa's tunes with a cassette adapter.

Spring for the Sansa that lets you watch video, because you'll get very good storage and great features.

if it's the same price the sansa will have more features, may not have the same battery life but oh well, the sansa seems like i'd be more useful at some point, and no changing you music to AAC(i think) lol

ipod, you really never need more than about 4GB or so unless you want a jukebox 24/7, otherwise you can just pick and choose what you are listening to to through onto the nano if you library makes it over 1000 songs. Itunes is slick, and it is easy to get any music on your computer into itunes and onto your ipod.

If the Sansa was out when I got the Nano, I'd have bought the Sansa instead. Yes, the Nano comes with iTunes which is easy to use, but Windows Media Player is great as well.

The iPod has plenty of 3rd party add ons, like FM tuners, etc... but if your Cavalier has a cassette deck, you'll be happy to know you can play your Sansa's tunes with a cassette adapter.

Spring for the Sansa that lets you watch video, because you'll get very good storage and great features.

Now that is cool...tunes in the go...

My arsenal has included an iPod Mini, a Nano and a 30gb Video and they're all super easy to use. The only thing thats a pain is transferring music into iTunes, a large library can take several hours, but once its in iTunes is really easy to use for transferring music, burning cds, etc. Much more user-friendly than Windows Media Player. If you go with the iPod (which I totally recommend) get case for it, since the siney ones are scratch prone. Most good cases also inclue a clear film to put over the screen which isn't as scratch-prone as people say but is still vulnerable.

My arsenal has included an iPod Mini, a Nano and a 30gb Video and they're all super easy to use. The only thing thats a pain is transferring music into iTunes, a large library can take several hours, but once its in iTunes is really easy to use for transferring music, burning cds, etc. Much more user-friendly than Windows Media Player. If you go with the iPod (which I totally recommend) get case for it, since the siney ones are scratch prone. Most good cases also inclue a clear film to put over the screen which isn't as scratch-prone as people say but is still vulnerable.

A lot of Ipods I see...

I've noticed that some people have at least one Mp3 player..I honesty, I'd like both...maybe like a 2gb sensa, and a 4-6gb Nano....

Though I just found out Apple has a few new models rolling out soon...

Maybe someone can explain this to me...I saw 4G iPod Nano going for $250, while a 30G iPod Video is also for $250. Am I missing something here?

The Nano typically has longer battery life per charge than the Video, but that doesn't justify them being the same price. I also dont agree with they way they've done the coloring. The 2gb Nano only comes in silver, the 8gb Nano only comes in black or red while the 4gb Nano comes in all the colors the old Mini came in.

So far Im pretty happy using my IPAQ with a 4GB SD card. I could easily fit 1,000 songs on it if not for a few half-hour long epics by Dream Theater. Right now I have 315 songs on it and it's about a third of the way full. Filling it takes some time since the card for some reason doesn't work in my card reader. and I have to transfer the MP3s via ActiveSync. It's a trade off, but it's nice having one portable device that can play music, surf the internet, remind you of your next meeting, create Word documents, and keep you from getting lost.

Maybe someone can explain this to me...I saw 4G iPod Nano going for $250, while a 30G iPod Video is also for $250. Am I missing something here?

Actually I think the recently changed the prices on the nanos. The 2GB is 150, the 4GB 200, and the 8GB is 250. I think you pay for the price. As far as value goes the video is the best deal, but it is not rediculously small.

Although I really like my 60 gig video ipod, which I found in a junkyard over the summer under a seat, I would just be a little leery about ever buying one. Maybe everyone I know has just had bad luck, but a lot of people I know seem to have been having problems with their ipods. My sister got a 30 gig video one for Christmas and it started freezing up in the middle of songs and the right ear bud stopped working after a few days so she exchanged it for another one. Now the new one she got is having the same problem. The one I have can't be more than a year old and it recently started having trouble holding a charge, which was the same thing that happened to my sisters old mini. The guy at the apple store said that the lithium batteries only last up to around two years and then Apple charges like $70 to get you a new one or something. I do really like the ipods though, for the same reasons as everyone else. They are really easy to use as well as itunes.

Edited by REDO1GPGT

I vote for the iPod as well...my 4GB green mini is a little over a year old with no major problems. The right earbud just started to loose some sound in it, and I replaced it w/some new Apple-issue earbuds, which are included in all new iPods. They have great sound and do a very reasonable job hiding background noise compared to the old ones. iTunes is really easy to pick up and use, and I prefer it to Windows Media. But Satty has a point, it can take a while to import your existing CD library if you have a large one. Just make sure to invest $10 in a carrying case...you'll appreciate it.

I vote for the iPod as well...my 4GB green mini is a little over a year old with no major problems. The right earbud just started to loose some sound in it, and I replaced it w/some new Apple-issue earbuds, which are included in all new iPods. They have great sound and do a very reasonable job hiding background noise compared to the old ones. iTunes is really easy to pick up and use, and I prefer it to Windows Media. But Satty has a point, it can take a while to import your existing CD library if you have a large one. Just make sure to invest $10 in a carrying case...you'll appreciate it.

I found that I really have to crank the volume to hear it with the standard earbuds w/ 30gb video iPod. I mostly use my noise-cancelling headphones with it.

I bought a nice hard-shell case by Marware for mine to protect the screen..a very well-designed product, IMHO.

So far Im pretty happy using my IPAQ with a 4GB SD card. I could easily fit 1,000 songs on it if not for a few half-hour long epics by Dream Theater. Right now I have 315 songs on it and it's about a third of the way full. Filling it takes some time since the card for some reason doesn't work in my card reader. and I have to transfer the MP3s via ActiveSync. It's a trade off, but it's nice having one portable device that can play music, surf the internet, remind you of your next meeting, create Word documents, and keep you from getting lost.

IPAQ?

Although I really like my 60 gig video ipod, which I found in a junkyard over the summer under a seat, I would just be a little leery about ever buying one. Maybe everyone I know has just had bad luck, but a lot of people I know seem to have been having problems with their ipods. My sister got a 30 gig video one for Christmas and it started freezing up in the middle of songs and the right ear bud stopped working after a few days so she exchanged it for another one. Now the new one she got is having the same problem. The one I have can't be more than a year old and it recently started having trouble holding a charge, which was the same thing that happened to my sisters old mini. The guy at the apple store said that the lithium batteries only last up to around two years and then Apple charges like $70 to get you a new one or something. I do really like the ipods though, for the same reasons as everyone else. They are really easy to use as well as itunes.

I was hearing a bit of that too. Then again, they sell a lot of Ipods...

I think they had, 60 percent of the market?

A co-worker has had nothing but problems with his current one, though his old one works just fine...

Knowing the fact that Apple plans on changing them again soon, I wouldn't want a pricey one anyways....

This thread made me play with both my Nano and my bro's Sansa a bit.

Really, it's a pretty close match.

I also used Windows Media Player to transfer music to the Sansa, and I had no real problems whatsoever. If you have decent computer knowledge, it should be hassle free for you too.

The ipod won't play with a normal cassette adapter?

Personally I like my PSP. I can play music, games, video and more...plus you can upgrade the Memory Stick Du o if you want more storage. Of course I couldn't fill up 10 gigs of storage so I don't need something with that much space...if music is your main thing and you have assloads of songd the PSP isn't the best...plus it's bigger than an ipod for sure.

Why not get a retarded-ass 5-years-too-late Zune??!

"PR3S3NT1NG T3H M1CR0SUK ZUN3!1! W3 M4Y B3 5 Y34RS L4T3 TO TEH P4RTY AND L1K3 3 T1M3S B1GG3R TH4N T3H IP0D BUT 1T 1S T3H SUXKORZ 4ND W3 4R3 N0T!!1!1!

"Fatal Syetm Error. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."

The ipod won't play with a normal cassette adapter?

Yeah it can, but I'm not too satisfied with the sound quality. Either my iPod lacks juice even when cranked up to 11, or my adapter sucks, or the cassette deck in my truck has not been used for eons.

Personally I like my PSP. I can play music, games, video and more...plus you can upgrade the Memory Stick Du o if you want more storage. Of course I couldn't fill up 10 gigs of storage so I don't need something with that much space...if music is your main thing and you have assloads of songd the PSP isn't the best...plus it's bigger than an ipod for sure.

UMD's are a bargain these days :P^_^ That's gotta say something.

Why not get a retarded-ass 5-years-too-late Zune??!

"PR3S3NT1NG T3H M1CR0SUK ZUN3!1! W3 M4Y B3 5 Y34RS L4T3 TO TEH P4RTY AND L1K3 3 T1M3S B1GG3R TH4N T3H IP0D BUT 1T 1S T3H SUXKORZ 4ND W3 4R3 N0T!!1!1!

"Fatal Syetm Error. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."

:rotflmao: What I love best about the Zune is that it's available in 'poo brown' ... Who buys a 'brown' piece of technology?!

This thread made me play with both my Nano and my bro's Sansa a bit.

Really, it's a pretty close match.

I also used Windows Media Player to transfer music to the Sansa, and I had no real problems whatsoever. If you have decent computer knowledge, it should be hassle free for you too.

It's funny you say that.

We were talking about it at work today, and someone said the same exact thing.

Yeah it can, but I'm not too satisfied with the sound quality. Either my iPod lacks juice even when cranked up to 11, or my adapter sucks, or the cassette deck in my truck has not been used for eons.

UMD's are a bargain these days :P^_^ That's gotta say something.

:rotflmao: What I love best about the Zune is that it's available in 'poo brown' ... Who buys a 'brown' piece of technology?!

Yeah-what if you drop it in the toilet-how do you tell?

Or if you drop it in mud? :scratchchin: