2009 Chevrolet Impala Concept

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

I just traced over the pre-exsisting door gaps with a black 1 pixel line. They weren't showing up. I'm starting from scratch with the new chops, so expect that to be addressed and fixed

While you're here, NOS, give me some pointers on extending the rear overhang, if you don't mind.

Lasso the rear portion, move it outward, and airbrush in the gap. :AH-HA_wink:

And a note.. If you want to make the door gaps more apparent, you can do what you did. However, copy the entire new gap you've created and paste it on top of your gap. Brighten it to a little brighter than the car's color, and move it over a notch or two. Not only does this overlap the gap you've made and make it look smaller, but it adds an edge to the door making it look like the light is hitting the edge because of the brightness you've given it. Get it?

Oh, and widen the damn tires lol.

Edited by NOS2006

Guest YellowJacket894

f@#k it. I really can't work with it much more than that.

I just really do not feel like messing around with it anymore. Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow when I feel better.

Edited by YellowJacket894

YJ...pretty cool idea !...I did not think of the Volt that way at all tho, to me it is the BOMB !

An indicator of the new V-8 RWD platform cars, smaller than a Camaro bigger than a Cobalt :

Posted Image

Sorry to bust in on ur thread, hope ya dont mind ...seemed apprpo tho same car an all.

I cant seem to get the posting system now here to work at all for me ????

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

YJ...pretty cool idea !...I did not think of the Volt that way at all tho, to me it is the BOMB !

An indicator of the new V-8 RWD platform cars, smaller than a Camaro bigger than a Cobalt :

Posted Image

Sorry to bust in on ur thread, hope ya dont mind ...seemed apprpo tho same car an all.

I cant seem to get the posting system now here to work at all for me ????

Dude it looks like your car got rear ended,

The Impala is not and will not ever be a sub-compact. :blink:

Sorry... nothing in this thread mekes me NOT want to cringe.

These chops all still loook like some kind of chinese city-car sedan.

For one thing, there's NO overhangs and the whole damn thing is

goofier than a Radio Shack RC car.

Guest YellowJacket894

Dodgefan: How did you get that to work for you? I like it. :thumbsup:

Sixty8: Ocn's the guy who really came up with the idea that cues from the Volt concept preview that of the Zeta Impala. I think he has a point. Also, this chop is longer than the Volt concept as I tried to make it emulate Zeta proportions. (And please tell me that you don't want Dodge-Avenger-front-overhangs on this. I agree about a longer rear overhang as it makes sense for production, but the front? Rear-drive = short overhangs, by the way. :wink: )

MDM: Decent chop. Start working on your color, though. A pink Pontiac? I feel like crying, dude. :D

Dodgefan: How did you get that to work for you? I like it. :thumbsup:

Sixty8: Ocn's the guy who really came up with the idea that cues from the Volt concept preview that of the Zeta Impala. I think he has a point. Also, this chop is longer than the Volt concept as I tried to make it emulate Zeta proportions. (And please tell me that you don't want Dodge-Avenger-front-overhangs on this. I agree about a longer rear overhang as it makes sense for production, but the front? Rear-drive = short overhangs, by the way. :wink: )

MDM: Decent chop. Start working on your color, though. A pink Pontiac? I feel like crying, dude. :D

Thanks ^_^ I took yours and made a duplicate layer, then cut away everything but the rear section. Then I duplicated that later. By stretching and skewing the two layers, and using the smudge and blur tools i made the general shape of the rear end. Then I trimmed it with the pen tool. After that I made a new layer and drew the bottom 2/3's of the new tail lights. FinallyI looked at the deck and thought it looked to straight and flat so I raised it at the left corner by using the transform box. It sounds like a lot of work but it's really not. It's just important to have plenty of layers and backup layers so if you screw up one part you don't screw up the whole thing. :AH-HA_wink:

All Im sayin is this is a "Curve Ball" thrown out by GM to confuse the other car compaines (esp the japs & koreans because they copy everything GM does)...look at this layout and tell me that is NOT a V-8 RWD platform !!!...there is even a drive tunnel in it !!!...look at ALL the room in the engine bay !!!....OK so the back end is short ...YJ showed that can be easily extended, I took it literal, a small V-8 sport coupe ...sounds like a MUSCLE CAR to me !!!!

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, MDM, the Volt actually is a front-drive car with it's platform derived from the Delta (GMX-001) platform. The proportions come as a real shock to me -- it looks larger than it actually is and it has short front and rear overhangs with a long hood and very short rear deck, like a rear-drive car.

As for the transmission tunnel, it's actually not. It's where the batteries used to power the car are stored. (If they weren't there, you could jam a transmission and a drive-shaft down that tunnel, of course.)

Maybe the Volt is more than a signal of a new GM electric car. Who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

OK ..I STILL CANNOT GET THE NEW SYSTEM HERE TO WORK FOR ME TO START A NEW THREAD !

SO,...here is what I saw at Daytona last week, the 2007 IMPALA, I saw this car done up as a #24 Jeff gordon racer...and it said IMPALA SS on the front of it too !!!

So, this has to be very close to the NG Impala ;

Posted Image

I like this last black one... not bad.