Saturn Sky at the local dealer (pics)!

Well, I stopped by the Saturn dealer today since there was a big trailer outside with the Sky on the side. The Sky was inside, so it was hard to get the pics to look great, but I think they're pretty good despite the odd lighting. The salesman I talked to was very knowledgeable and said they already had gotten four orders since the Sky had arrived. I asked him about a Redline and he said that he talked with a Pontiac rep and they said the Solstice was going to be a supercharger. However, we've seen spy pics of a turbo Solstice, so we'll see how everything pans out.

Anyways, here are the pics of the green Sky. I don't recall seeing any green Sky pics, so these may be the first on the 'net.

Enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It was a preproduction, so that's probably why the glovebox is out of whack. The guy I talked to said it cost $250 thousand to make it (hand built) and the driver that took it to the dealership locked it and took the key just in case the dealership tried to drive it. I touched the very upper part of the door panel, and it was really hard, but I didn't touch the lower area that looks softer. I may go back tomorrow and try to touch it, but you weren't supposed to touch anything and there were quite a few dealership people around.

I really like it in that color. Agreed it would look better with a tan interior. Maybe with body colored accents like the M Roadster pictured here:
Posted Image

Mainly the seats and steering wheel, not too crazy about the whole center stack, looks a bit ricerish.

And they really need to dress up the passenger side of the dashboard, it looks like it fell out of the 80's.

I believe GM did a fantastic job differeniating the Sky from the Solstice. Although I personally prefer the solstice's organic shape...the sky is a good looking vehicle as well. Not a big fan of the green but thats just a personal color choice. I am sure with tan interior it would be sharp as hell. Any word yet on if the sky will be released right off the bat with a turbo 250hp motor upgrade and an automatic tranny or DSG? Sure wish GM would offer DSG with the solstice/sky turbo..

look closer, i think that center light isn't the backup, its the chmsl. it has red LEDs in the center. this is still odd however, because that the rear has no backups at all... (edit) oh, wait. nevermind, the picture hadn't loaded completely, i see what you mean. that is weird. and too low. Edited by thedriver

:o That Sky is really sweet...I'm not a fan of green cars, but this thing looks great in green. Ummm, so will they work on getting the glovebox door to fit better...I hope? Hopefully you can get the two-tone interior like you can in the Solstice. Green exterior with the two-tone tan and black interior would be nice. If you look at the rear end, the low reverse light is at the peak of an upside down triangle (starting at the trunk lid and moving downward) - it works for me.

Very nice car, I still can't believe this is a Saturn product!!!!! And that's a really good thing LOL. The only thing I believe could look better is for the tail end of the car to at least look like it has dual exhaust instead of the one small lonely tail pipe coming out of a car that looks fast as hell. Just my opinion. Otherwise great job Saturn!!!!!!

I believe GM did a fantastic job differeniating the Sky from the Solstice.

Although I personally prefer the solstice's organic shape...the sky is a good looking vehicle as well.

Not a big fan of the green but thats just a personal color choice. I am sure with tan interior it would be sharp as hell.

Any word yet on if the sky will be released right off the bat with a turbo 250hp motor upgrade and an automatic tranny or DSG?

Sure wish GM would offer DSG with the solstice/sky turbo..

[post="19605"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

same here, I am tired of hearing about "green" Toyota

• 2 months later...

The only thing I believe could look better is for the tail end of the car to at least look like it has dual exhaust instead of the one small lonely tail pipe coming out of a car that looks fast as hell. Just my opinion.

Sounds like a nice way to differentiate the Sky Redline. ;) Edited by PurdueGuy

I stopped in at my dealer today to make an appointment (recall work) and they had a red Sky in the showroom.  If it is still there when I take the car in tomorrow, I'll snap a few pics.  It looks good in red.

[post="51196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Twas gone.

• 3 weeks later...