Spied: Fairlane mule or Freestyle MCE?

DetroitNut90

Winding Road thinks it could be either or:

Our moles at KGP Photography have uncovered a development mule for what it believes is the production Ford Fairlane. Clearly based on the Freestyle crossover, this prototype has a different front-end treatment, with a squared-off hoodline and the Blue Oval’s now-signature flat-bar grille.

According to KGP, the Freestyle mule shown here looks like it has had its bodywork stretched about six-inches in the B-pillar area, and it’s wider by two- to three-inches as well...So, is this the Fairlane, or just a massively updated Freestyle? We’re a bit confused ourselves, as the slow-selling crossover is expected to get an update (which would reasonably include a more aggressive nose in-line with Ford’s new corporate face).

Winding Road

But Leftlane News is more sure that it's a Fairlane:

Ford has begun testing more complete mules for their upcoming minivan replacement, based on the Fairlane concept. The latest Ford Freestyle-based mules have ditched the Freestyle's front-end, and now begin to reveal the production Fairlane's face, from the A-pillars, forward...Ford has begun testing more complete mules for their upcoming minivan replacement, based on the Fairlane concept. The latest Ford Freestyle-based mules have ditched the Freestyle's front-end, and now begin to reveal the production Fairlane's face, from the A-pillars, forward.

Leftlane News Edited by DetroitNut90

HAhahahaahaha!!!

Look at that goofy looking trumpet exhaust tip. :lol:

That $hit's off the hook! All the kids in the Ghetto be sportin' those like TOMORROW!

HAhahahaahaha!!!

Look at that goofy looking trumpet exhaust tip. :lol:

That $hit's off the hook! All the kids in the Ghetto be sportin' those like TOMORROW!

Well it is just a mule, not a final prototype...so yeah it looks cobbled together. I wonder if it's a mule or an extensive MCE? I'd lean towards mule...only because I think the Freestyle is already big enough.

Meh-just bring out the Fairlane-based car and shove the Freestyle already-its nice but boring, and like the Pilot or Pacifica, holds no candles to Acadia/Outlook/Enclave.

The Fairlane kills the Outlook aesthetically.

I strongly disagree...

I like them both for completely different reasons. I like the squared off look of the Fairlane. For that type of a vehicle, the look is perfect. It has a very upscale sense to it. I'm anxious to see if the production interior is in keeping with the character of the exterior.

I can't stop looking at the front of the Outlook. It just has this confident, "Manly" look to it. When I look at the grille, something about it triggers the thought of a knight's shield in my head. I love it.