Preview: 2008 Nissan Titan, Armada and Pathfinder

Preview: 2008 Nissan Titan, Armada and Pathfinder

2008 Nissan Titan

For 2008, the Nissan Titan line adds a new Long Wheelbase (LWB) version and a new Titan PRO-4X model, designed to “enhance Titan’s already strong reputation as the truck of choice for work or adventure.” The 2008 Titan, which will be available in spring 2007, is now offered in four models: XE, SE, PRO-4X and LE; in two body styles: King Cab and Crew Cab; in 4x2 and 4x4 drive configurations; and in with Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) capability (E85 Ethanol). The 2008 Titan also features freshened styling, with a revised front end and wheel lip moldings and all-new wheel styles. Inside, the new Titan features a new seat design and refined meter clusters. Other 2008 Titan enhancements include available Bluetooth hands-free Phone System, XM™ Satellite Radio pre-wiring, heated leather bench seat, revised center stack and a larger, 8.0-inch DVD screen (up from 7.0-inch). Two new exterior colors--Desert Stone and Timberline--are now available.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2008 Nissan Armada

Nissan Armada changes to the 2008 model include new option packages, new exterior style, new colors, more luxurious interior amenities and enhanced technology features. Outside, the 2008 Armada features a new front fascia, new headlamp and fog lamp designs, new one-piece roof rack design, revised rear fascia, 20-inch wheel and tire package (LE only) and two new exterior colors: Desert Stone and Officer Green. Inside, Armada offers a 3rd row power folding 60/40 seat (optional LE), new interior colors and fabrics, new gated shifter, new wood grain accents (LE only), available heated steering wheel (LE only), a lockage glove compartment (LE only) and revised steering wheel and combination meter illumination. New technology enhancements include an Intelligent Key with twist start (standard LE, optional SE), enhanced Bose® sound system with Music Box hard drive and 3rd row speakers and amplifier (standard LE, optional SE), Bluetooth® hands-free phone system (optional LE), improved available Nissan Navigation system with a XM® NavTraffic™ system with real-time traffic information (XM contract required), and a larger 8.0-inch screen for the optional DVD Entertainment Package.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

The Nissan Pathfinder expands its lineup for the 2008 model year with the addition of a new 300-plus horsepower 5.6-liter V8, the first V8 offered in its 22-year history in the United States market (the V6 VQ is still available). Other changes for 2008 include new exterior styling and interior features, as well as newly available technology such as a revised Nissan Navigation System with Music Box hard drive (available on LE only). The 2008 Pathfinder’s exterior features new front and rear styling, new 17-inch wheel designs for SE-V6 and LE-V6, with new 18-inch wheel designs for SE-V8 and LE-V8 models, new body side moldings with chrome insert (LE models) and new exterior colors: Mocha and Neve, a premium three-stage pearl paint color.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nissan Sport Magazine

The Titan needs more changes to become competitive with the next gen trucks.

The Armada doesnt even come close to the GMT900's, although the interior is a huge improvement over the current model.

The Pathfinder getting a V-8 seems kind of backwards now that fuel economy is important now. Speaking of that 5.6L V-8, why isnt that engine getting some fuel saving technology such as cylinder cut off. I know it is E85 capable but fuel stations equipped with E85 are few and far between right now.

In closing, <yawn> on all three.

The Pathfinder getting a V-8 seems kind of backwards now that fuel economy is important now. Speaking of that 5.6L V-8, why isnt that engine getting some fuel saving technology such as cylinder cut off. I know it is E85 capable but fuel stations equipped with E85 are few and far between right now.

People are beginning to see that cylinder-deactivation doesn't save very much fuel (if at ALL) in the real world.

Official Nissan Press Release:

FARMINGTOM HILLS, Mich. (Feb. 1, 2007) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today previewed the new 2008 Nisan Titan full-size pickup, Pathfinder mid-size SUV and Armada full-size SUVs at a press conference at the Nissan Technical Center North America, Farmington Hills, Mich. prior to their public debut at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show, February 9 – 18 at McCormick Place, Chicago.

The three new vehicles offer significant upgrades and enhancements, including the addition of new Titan Long Wheelbase King Cab and Crew Cab models, a new 5.6-liter V8 engine for Pathfinder, and new exterior and interior designs for Armada. The three new 2008 Nissan vehicles are scheduled to be available at Nissan dealers nationwide beginning in spring 2007.

“The addition of the Titan Long Wheelbase models and the first-ever V8 engine ever offered in the 22-year history of Pathfinder expand the available choices for buyers of these two popular vehicles,” said Larry Dominique, vice president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc. “The extensive makeover of Armada, which has topped J.D. Power and Associates’ APEAL study for the Large SUV class in 2005 and 2006, adds up to an even more attractive, more premium and more complete Armada package for 2008 – one that we think will continue to make Armada stand out in the full-size SUV class.”

Brief overviews of the 2008 Titan, Pathfinder and Armada follow.

2008 Nissan Titan

The 2008 Nissan Titan full-size pickup builds on Titan’s reputation as the truck of choice for work or adventure with the addition of a new Long Wheelbase (LWB) version and a new Titan PRO-4X model.

The 2008 Titan is offered in four models – XE, SE, PRO-4X and LE; in two body styles – King Cab and Crew Cab; in 4x2 and 4x4 drive configurations; and four bed sizes – 5’5”, 6’5”, 7’ and 8’; and with Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) capability (E85 Ethanol).

The 2008 Titan also features freshened styling, with a revised front end and all-new wheel styles. Inside, Titan features a new seat design and refined meter clusters. Other 2008 Titan enhancements include available Bluetooth hands-free phone system, XM Satellite Radio tuner, heated leather-appointed bench seat, a revised center stack and a larger, 8.0-inch DVD screen (up from 7.0-inch).

Titan is built on Nissan’s rugged F-Alpha pickup platform, featuring a powerful 5.6-liter DOHC Endurance V8 rated at 317 horsepower and 385 lb-ft torque. Titan features a standard 5-speed automatic transmission and a maximum towing capacity of up to 9,500 pounds for King Cab and 9,400 pounds for Crew Cab (when properly equipped).

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

The popular Nissan Pathfinder expands its lineup for the 2008 model year with the addition of a new 300-plus horsepower 5.6-liter V8, the first V8 offered in its 22-year history in the United States market. This more powerful option offers a significant increase in torque, rated at 300-plus lb-ft, to achieve 7,000 lbs of maximum towing capacity.

Also available is Pathfinder’s proven 266-horsepower 4.0-liter version of the award-winning Nissan VQ-series V6 engine. All Pathfinders continue to be built on a high-strength, fully boxed, all-steel frame based on the full-size Nissan Armada SUV.

Other changes for 2008 include new exterior styling and a greatly refined interior, as well as newly available technology such as a revised Nissan Navigation System with 9.3-gigabyte Music Box hard drive (available on LE only). The 2008 Pathfinder’s exterior features new front and rear styling, new 17-inch wheel designs for SE-V6 and LE-V6 and new 18-inch wheel designs for SE-V8 and LE-V8 models.

Pathfinder again offers first-class amenities with standard three-row seating. Inside, the refinements continue with a 7.0-inch color display and RearView Monitor (all models except S-V6), new center stack design, 2nd row reclining seat (center portion), revised cupholder design, new illuminated switchgear (all models except S), new fabrics and materials, heated steering wheel (LE models), Intelligent Key with twist start, Bluetooth hands-free phone system (available on LE models only) and new Russet interior color (leather-appointed only).

2008 Nissan Armada

Nissan Armada powers into 2008 with new exterior style, new colors, more luxurious interior amenities and enhanced technology features and new option packages.

Outside, the 2008 Armada features a new front fascia, new headlight and fog light designs, new one-piece roof rack design, revised rear fascia, and 20-inch wheel and Michelin tire package (LE only).

Inside, Armada offers a 3rd row power folding 60/40 seat (optional LE), new interior colors and fabrics, new gated shifter, new wood grain accents (LE only), available heated steering wheel (LE only), a locking glove compartment and revised steering wheel and combination meter illumination.

New technology enhancements include an Intelligent Key with twist start (standard LE, optional SE), enhanced Bose sound system with 9.3-gigabyte Music Box hard drive and 3rd row speakers and amplifier (standard LE, optional SE), Bluetooth® hands-free phone system (standard on LE), improved available Nissan Navigation system with an XM NavTraffic system with real-time traffic information (XMâ contract required), and a larger 8.0-inch screen for the optional DVD Entertainment Package.

Class-leading towing capacity of up to 9,100-pounds is provided by Armada’s heavy duty frame and suspension, as well as a standard 317 horsepower 5.6-liter V8 with 385 lb-ft of torque. Available Flexible Fuel Vehicle technology (FFV) allows drivers to use traditional gasoline or an alternative fuel such as E85.

“The 2008 model year is already shaping up to be a tremendous year for Nissan with the previously announced Altima Coupe and all-new Rogue crossover SUV – and now new Titan, Pathfinder and Armada,” said Dominique. “Attendees at the Chicago Auto Show will have five great new reasons to visit the Nissan display.”

In North America, Nissan\'s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissannews.com.

[source: Nissan North America]

People are beginning to see that cylinder-deactivation doesn't save very much fuel (if at ALL) in the real world.

Exactly, especially in the case of GM's new big ute's. Kicking in mainly just when you're going down hill or coasting will never help that much.

That point aside, it looks like all of these trucks finally get changes to alleviate their biggest problem--overall tactile quality--and come off as a lot fresher and refined, but with the same powerful drivetrains and interior layouts that were already strong.

That wood trim on the dashboard looks cheap in the Titan. Overall, the interiors are much, much improved. I've always had a soft spot for the Pathfinder. I think it's an all-around capable, good looking SUV.

I'm not sure if it's cheap, but it looks a bit out of place in the Titan. It looks good in the Pathfinder and Armada though. The Titan's interior easily surpasses the Tundra's now.

2008 Nissan Titan

a new Titan PRO-4X model, designed to “enhance Titan’s already strong reputation as the truck of choice for work or adventure.”

:rotflmao:

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read! I always thought the Titan looked pretty nice, but they make that statement like it's some kind of fact. :lol: Do they have proof that "it's the truck of choice" for work or adventure? If it's the truck of choice for work, then wouldn't it outsell the F-150 and Silverado??...... or do most people buy those for non-work or non-adventure purposes?? :stupid:

:rotflmao:

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read! I always thought the Titan looked pretty nice, but they make that statement like it's some kind of fact. :lol: Do they have proof that "it's the truck of choice" for work or adventure? If it's the truck of choice for work, then wouldn't it outsell the F-150 and Silverado??...... or do most people buy those for non-work or non-adventure purposes?? :stupid:

I have never seen a Titan or Tundra for that matter working, and I live in a farming area. Why to the japanese trucks all have the shifter on the tunnel, I hate that it just gets in the way put it on the column then i'll tell you i'm not buying it until then i'm not even going to look at it. And didn't I hear that the Titan was going to be cut in 2008 or was I dreaming?

I have never seen a Titan or Tundra for that matter working, and I live in a farming area. Why to the japanese trucks all have the shifter on the tunnel, I hate that it just gets in the way put it on the column then i'll tell you i'm not buying it until then i'm not even going to look at it.

You can get a Titan with a column shifter (and bench seating). They've had it available from the beginning.

And didn't I hear that the Titan was going to be cut in 2008 or was I dreaming?

Dreaming.

I have seen a number of Tundra and Titan trucks in my area with racks and bed boxes in my area.

Well I do live in in hickish Richmond (north of Detroit) I think owning a Tundra or Titan is punishable by death here. The Titan is a good looking truck but they just don't seam to be selling here, the Nissan dealer by my house has had the same 6 Titans for a month.