Sunday Breakfast

ocnblu

I eat breakfast every day, but during the week it's cold cereal, fruit, and juice. Once in a while on Sundays, I splurge and have a nice, big, hot breakfast.

I just finished 4 eggo waffles, two eggs, and six pieces of bacon. Feelin' fat and happy!

Does anyone else go all out for a weekend breakfast? What do you like to make?

Yeah, all out to McDonald's. The weather is nasty here today - rain and gloomy. Had a day planned at the dunes with my partner. Guess we'll just sit at home, play on the computer. He ate two egg McMuffins. I behaved and only had one, then broke down and bought a butter tart at a coffee shop. I think I will make a huge roast beef dinner and invite over some of our single friends who were probably out partying last night and could use a good meal.

I eat breakfast every day, but during the week it's cold cereal, fruit, and juice.  Once in a while on Sundays, I splurge and have a nice, big, hot breakfast.

I just finished 4 eggo waffles, two eggs, and six pieces of bacon.  Feelin' fat and happy!

Does anyone else go all out for a weekend breakfast?  What do you like to make?

[post="19783"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Usually have Oatmeal on Saturdays, but Sundays end up being an Eggs, Bacon and Toast affair. Quite the pound packer! Edited by Cremazie

Depends on my mood. If I make a big breakfast, it usually is a Sunday. Sometimes if I have the forsight I prep some french toast Saturday night so it's nice and ready for cooking on Sunday. Sometimes waffles sound good, but our waffle iron is terrible. I'm never in the mood for pancakes. Never cared much for those. I'd have to dress them up a lot to make them appealing, and on Sundays I value simplicity. If I'm entertaining on a Sunday morning, the brunch will usually have most of the following: French Toast Bacon Omelettes (bacon, onion/chive, cheese, cilantro) or another type of egg Muffins Bagels Fruit Salad My sister usually helps though...makes things a little easier :) There's nothing better than a good breakfast...

I went to the Indian buffet for champagne brunch today. -lamb curry -sag (spinach curry) -tandoori chicken -whatever the vegetable of the day was (looked to be gooseneck squash) With naan bread on the side, bubbly to sip up, and gulab jamun for dessert. Knock none of it until you try it.

Breakfast is my favorite meal..usually just cereal, coffee and OJ (occasionally a bagel during the week), but we usually always go out on Sundays for breakfast..favorite places are a local place called 'Dozens'..or chains like 'Original Pancake House', 'The Egg and I'.. wish we had a Cracker Barrel close by or a Bob Evans (I miss going to those--used to always go to them when I lived in the Midwest). Bacon, sausage, pancakes, crepes...mmm..(or a baguette with ham and cheese--I loved eating those in Europe). My g/f and I spent the weekend in Aspen and had a great breakfast there yesterday.. the fall colors were great--perfect weekend for driving a convertible in the mountains (though it was down to 45 degrees at the top of Independence Pass--about 12k ft elevation).

• 2 years later...

I was going to make breakfast this morning. I was going to do eggs, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, anything else I could find. Upon learning this, the lump under the covers said, "Come back to bed and dont get out til its time for lunch." mr-t.gif unsure.gif dry.gif

Aw damnit now I'm hungry.

We haven't done much in the way of cooking since the hot water heater shit the bed, and we're not spending $800 to replace it to so can use it for 2 weeks before moving out. My prick of a father can enjoy it when he move in.

But anyway...I may just have to make something now...maybe eggs with some pepper jack and bacon....also if we have the good for french toast i may do that too...I love french toast

Since I'm usually at church from 7am-2pm on Sunday, I haven't made a good Sunday breakfast in a while.

I would usually hook up some waffles or pancakes (depends on who's eating, because the wife isn't too fond of waffles dry.gif), cheese eggs, turkey bacon or sausage, and maybe some hash browns (homemade if we have potatoes, frozen if we don't or if I'm making them). Wash it all down with some orange juice or apple juice.

Then don't move for a few hours. smile.gif

Had OJ, coffee, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon and toast at a small local restaurant in Marathon, FL this morning. Normally, I eat cereal or a bagel at home during the week, but usually go out for a big breakfast on the weekends..

I dont get up in time to eat breakfast but I sure like the breakfast sausages that I get from Heans meats. Along with eggs and some hash browns. Cooking isnt a problem for me though I do like going to one of the local places for a full breakfast.

• 2 months later...
This morning I was surprised with Krispey Kreme. 'Twas a nice gesture, but someone forgot that I like the creme filled donuts, not the custard filled ones. She did get my mocha right, so I cannot complain too much. All in all, it was a pretty good breakfast.

QUOTE(ocnblu @ Oct 12 2008, 06:41 AM) [snapback]436179[/snapback]
I had cubed Spam and sliced, preboiled potatoes browned in buttuh this morning... yum, now I need to go to the gym and work it off.

Spam? puke.gif

That sounds like something Paula would cook up on a hungover off-day. I'm about to go get dim sum in Chinatown with some friends.

What actually does it mean? I've been curious about it for 20-some odd years. Every time I open a fortune cookie and read the Chinese-English translation on the back of the fortune, I am disappointed... no "dim sum" translation as of yet.sad.gif

We had a late breakfast at about 10 am at Dennys this morning.. I had a tasty skillet dish w/ scrambled eggs, cheese, hash browns, bacon and sausage concoction with pancakes to roll it up in like burritos. Tasty. Dennys is a guilty pleasure once in a while.

I haven't been to a Cracker Barrel or Original Pancake House in a while, those were some of my favorite weekend breakfast places in Colorado..love the ham and biscuits at Cracker Barrel and the bacon, pancakes, crepes and french toast at the OPH. There is a great local place called Dozens with lots of different omlettes, etc in downtown Denver that I love.

During the week, it's usually OJ, a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, a Starbucks doubleshot or 2, or a bagel, or occasionally, a bagel sandwich from Einsteins or Sticklers (excellent local sandwich shop in downtown Phoenix), or a breakfast burrito (used to work in a place in Denver where a local company brought in burritos a couple times a week--delicious). Edited by moltar

Anyway, back to the real subject here...

Dim sum was awesome. Went with a couple bad Jews, and it was pretty much a pork and shellfish lovefest.

Started off with deep-fried tofu with scallions and spicy salt. Delicious. Perfect blend of crunchy/mushy and salty/savory.

Next up was the pork/shrimp wonton soup. Extra yummy.

Then we got inundated with har gow, scallop dumplings, shrimp salad dumplings, beef balls,* fish balls,* Chinese broccoli in oyster sauce, shrimp cheung fan, and lotus leaf sticky rice. The dumplings were a little gummy, but overall tasty.

We finished up with some shrimp eggrolls and egg custard tarts, and this ginormous feast came to a grand total of $61, split 5 ways.

It was funny, too, as another group of friends just happened to show up halfway through our meal and sat a few tables away. It was so much fun.

*Since Blu is somewhere around 12 years old, I'll make the lame testicle reference here first. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(ocnblu @ Oct 12 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]436285[/snapback]
They have knock-offs though.

I wouldn't know. I've never really understood the kind of people who buy knockoffs...I mean if you're THAT desperate for "the look" you can't afford, you're just chasing the wrong things in life...or need to get a better-paying job.

Sounds good. Yesterday for lunch, I had Spicy California Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll and Spicy Salmon Roll, with house salad (what is that orange-colored dressing they put on there, it's good) and Miso Soup. I always leave the top off my pot of green tea, and the server looks at me funny for it... but those little pots are TOO efficient!

Without seeing the dressing, I can't really say...but if it isn't a soy-ginger dressing, than it's probably a miso dressing. There could very well be orange or carrot in there, but I've never really seen that...and I'd be shocked if there weren't ginger in that dressing somewhere.