Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Chinese Buick Royaum photo....

16 posts in this topic

I hope this is real as the previous article made it sound like GM was trying to establish the "Holden Statesman" brand in China...which to me makes little sense...this looks just like a grown-up Lucerne, and the grille is different than the Lucerne's so I'm guessing this is real.

Put that, or a similarly shaped grille, on the LaCrosse....please...

I'm hoping... if for any reason, just so there are no more ovoid grilles in the lineup. Since the Rendezvous, Rainier and Terraza will be gone, the Lucerne, Enclave will have the new grilles, the LaCrosse should match to follow suit. Wow, I can't believe Buick will be down to 3 vehicles for 2008.

3 vehicles... Enclave, LaCrosse and Lucerne that is right. Hopefully three strong sellers.

That's just it... the LaCrosse is a weak seller from what I hear, unless something has changed in recent months.

The Lucerne sells well, and I'm sure the Enclave will, but 3 models, with only two that sell well.

All I can say is, they better refresh the LaCrosse on all trims, even if just a little. Buick needs anything it can get.

Man, Buick is in some sad shape these days. The only modern vehicle with a modern drivetrain that is truly competetive and desirable is the Enclave. The other 2 are based on aging (and severely aging) platforms. One is only good with Magnetic Ride Suspension...the other just handles like crap...and they both have bland interiors. The LaCrosse Epsilon II can RWD Lucerne (is that correct?) can't come soon enough...but that's still only 3 products.

It'll be in my garage. Cadillac can keep its CTS.

Oh, you must be 'shrooming?!

:P

Looks pretty good! Now if only we'd get it... <_<

Posted Image

Assuming this is a real image: (a) the Buick grille looks good and (b) the Holdens profile look better: the Buick is missing the side vents of the Statesman/Caprice with integrated turn signals.

Posted Image

Wow, that's beautifully done. That thing, if introed this year, would be a great 1-2 punch to bring Buick back to the class and elegance that it has always stood for in my mind. That is beautifully done. I'm almost drooling. Would be a great replacement for the DTS. Would make the decision to choosing a new model much, much easier. Wow.

Assuming this is a real image: (a) the Buick grille looks good and (b) the Holdens profile look better: the Buick is missing the side vents of the Statesman/Caprice with integrated turn signals.

Since Pontiac & Holden are both using them in Buick markets (Pontiac in the US & Holden in China), I don't expect Buicks to use them as well.

I'm sure Velite/Enclave/Lucerne-like vents will appear on the production Buick Zeta.

I love the chop NOS did that would make a great Roadmaster or Royaum Stateside. Having said that the FWD large G-platform vehilces aren't going anywhere. They are great cars and strong sellers, darn near 100K Lucernes were sold and 60K DTS's were sold. I think they will give the platform a total update and with a VVT Northstar and stuff a twin cam V6 under the hood with a 6spd automatic in them too. I think next year a 6spd. will be put in them no offical word is out by 2007 with be the last year the 3800 is put in the Lucerne so maybe changes will be a 3900 VVT and 6spd. auto in both the Caddy and Buick verison. GM is not going to mess up two strong sellers that our each on a good (yet older) FWD platform. They will just update it, FWD from people like me in Iowa makes sense! I prefer the DTS over STS and even the CTS. For the money you can't beat it or the Lucerne to get that much car at BMW your talking 20, 30 even 40 grand more!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this