Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 H2 interior revamp

Found this over at GMinsidenews. Looks 100x better then the current one. Class leading? Most definately not considering that it competes against Land Rover, but at least it looks like it won't have that cheap, hollow, grainy plastic that plagues the current H2.

Posted Image

Found this over at GMinsidenews. Looks 100x better then the current one. Class leading? Most definately not considering that it competes against Land Rover, but at least it looks like it won't have that cheap, hollow, grainy plastic that plagues the current H2.

Posted Image

better, much better. but like you said, they need to go further, much further in this extreme they are going in now. The outside techy look must match the inside. Do that, and I'll stop thinking of this car as one of the most useless on the market.

The clock looks dumb, but this is certainly a vast improvement.

Yes, why is GM starting to put clocks in most of their cars/trucks anyway? Personally I think its time to axe the H2, its getting long in the tooth. I never really cared for it to begin with and to just come out with bold new colors and a interior refresh does not cut it. Its a hog that needs to go to the slaughter.

Its nicer than before, but if anyone has ever seen the Hummer H3 book with all those different exterior styling proposals, you'd agree they were all far more daring than the production model, as it almost always is these days. Still not overly wild about that Equinox/Lambda steering wheel-the Grand Prix and (...gasp!) minivan steering wheel is much better.

It's still a penis enhancer, but at least it looks way less dumb on the inside.

Ya know, I find it funny how everyone always says that.... Yet they never apply that same logic to the countless new 'effeminate--want to be taken seriously as a male' Tundra buyers and frat punks in their 'x treme sport' Xterras and Titans. Or even the 'look at me I'm a big exec' their high dollar flashy Mercedes.

I'd love to have an H2... Mainly just to piss people off.

Ya know, I find it funny how everyone always says that.... Yet they never apply that same logic to the countless new 'effeminate--want to be taken seriously as a male' Tundra buyers and frat punks in their 'x treme sport' Xterras and Titans. Or even the 'look at me I'm a big exec' their high dollar flashy Mercedes.

I'd love to have an H2... Mainly just to piss people off.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that the Tundra and the Ram are penis enhancers, on multiple occasions.

I don't apply the same logic to the Titan, just because nobody around my area buys them :D.

Here's the 2008 H2 Dash:

Posted Image

]

Now here's the 2007 GMC Sierra's "pure pickup" (or WT/SLE1) dash:

Posted Image

Can you see that the new H2 interior has GMT-900 pickup parts in it? I wouldn't be surpirsed if more of the H2 is based on the all-new GMT-900 pickups/suvs!

Well, the previous H2 interior had the same parts shoe-horned in (radio, climate control, dash, steering wheel, to name a few) as GMT900's too.

Nice upgrade...flows a little bit better (although it may just be the beige interior with the old radio and climcate control and sterring wheels, all in grey) then the old interior did.

Remember, too, that the H2s interior was very remeniscent of the H1's...

Posted Image

Now with that gone and the H2 standing on its own legs, its time it got an upscale but uniquely rugged design of its own. Good jorb, GM.

My favorite part about the H1: It's wide enough to seat eight in two rows, but the drivetrain only allows four.

I suppose there's no mystery as to why the H1 was discontinued.

Dude.... Land Rovers & more so, Range Rovers have turned inot real

pieces of $hit recently. They are so dog-damn over rated it makes

me sick. Sure they have some off-road prowess & a ruged structure

but they suck in terms of practicality, reliability & quality.

Their styyling makes me want to :puke: too!

Posted Image

Without a materials comparison, you can't really say that. The designs are both completely polarizing. Land Rover's are VERY British and the H2's is VERY American.

Yes, why is GM starting to put clocks in most of their cars/trucks anyway? Personally I think its time to axe the H2, its getting long in the tooth. I never really cared for it to begin with and to just come out with bold new colors and a interior refresh does not cut it. Its a hog that needs to go to the slaughter.

Because people still buy them and like them. You may not like it, but other people, (like myself), do. Don't apply your own preferences to everyone's.

frat punks in their 'x treme sport' Xterras and Titans

Watch it. You know very little what you are talking about. The Xterra is a chick car, I've yet to see a "frat" in one, and this is in import-friendly LA. Lincoln Blackwoods, F-150s, Sierras, Silverados, Tahoes, Expeditions, Explorers, etc...but not one Xterra. I think I've seen one Titan, and frankly that truck can hold its own against the domestics, at least looks-wise.

• 1 month later...