LT 4-Door (1TG69)

Deletions
(ULA) AM/FM stereo with CD player
(PG4) 14" 5-spoke aluminum wheels
(PG9) 15" 5-spoke aluminum wheels

New Features
(UJ9) Tire Pressure Monitoring System
(PW8) 15" 5-spoke aluminum wheels
(PY0) 16" aluminum wheels (Not available at start of production)
(QBZ) P195/45R16 all-season blackwall tires (Not available at start of production)
(E20) Chrome door handles

Changes
(PDC) is now called Power Package and includes (UA5) Remote Keyless Entry, (AU3) power door locks, (AE3) power windows and content-theft deterrent
(UPX) is the new RPO code for the AM/FM stereo with CD player
(LXT) is the new RPO code for the 1.6L DOHC engine
(K34) Cruise control is now an orderable option on LS models
(B37) Carpeted front and rear floor mats are now orderable on LS models

My nipples are getting so hard just thinking about it........ :o

-----------------

2008 Impala Changes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Deletions
  • (21U) Laser Blue Metallic
  • (49U) Bordeaux Red exterior color
  • (53U) Amber Bronze Metallic exterior color
  • (PFH) 17" machined aluminum wheels
  • (NW1) 18" polished aluminum wheels
New Features Changes
  • 1WT19 2LT equipment group deleted; 1WC19 3LT equipment group is renamed 2LT
  • (U2K) XM Satellite Radio is now standard on all models
  • 6-way power driver seat on LS and LT
  • (PCK) Luxury Edition Package now includes (AR9) front bucket seats with leather-appointed seating, (AM9) flip-and-fold-flat rear seat, (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls, (DCP) OnStar Directions and Connections service package, (D81) rear spoiler and (JL9) 4-wheel antilock disc brakes with Traction Control
  • (B86) Body-color bodyside moldings are now an orderable option
  • (FE3) Performance suspension is now standard on LTZ

-----------------

2008 Malibu Classic Changes
Posted Image

Deletions
  • Maxx model
  • LTZ and SS Sedan models
  • (21U) Laser Blue Metallic
  • (25U) Dark Blue Metallic
  • (63U) Sport Red Metallic
  • (UC6) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc, in-dash CD changer
  • (AP9) Cargo net
  • (PDD) Driver Convenience Package
  • (UE1) OnStar
  • (JF4) Power adjustable pedals
  • (AY0) Dual-stage frontal, side-impact and head curtain air bags
  • (PCW) Enhanced Safety Package
Changes
  • ABS brakes are now standard on all models
  • Rear disc brakes are now standard on all models
  • Traction control is now standard on all models

-----------------

2008 Cobalt Changes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Deletions
  • (21U) Laser Blue Metallic exterior color
  • (56U) Sunburst Orange Metallic exterior color
  • LTZ Sedan model
  • SS Supercharged Coupe model
New Features
  • (37U) Imperial Blue Metallic exterior color
  • (39U) Blue Flash Metallic exterior color
  • (87U) Slate Metallic exterior color
  • (JL4) StabiliTrak stability control system
  • (NW9) Traction control
  • (ASD) Head-curtain side-impact air bag delete for Fleet and Government order types
  • (UE0) OnStar delete for Fleet and Government order types
Changes
  • 1AM37 is now called Sport Coupe and the equipment group code is now 1SP
  • 1AM69 is now called Sport Sedan and the equipment group code is now 1SP
  • (TV5) Sport Package is now called Performance Appearance Package and is an available option on 2LT Coupe and 2LT Sedan. The 3LT Coupe and 3LT Sedan equipment groups are deleted.
  • (ASF) Head-curtain side-impact air bags are now standard on all models
  • (US8) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback is now standard on all models
  • (U2K) XM Satellite Radio is now standard on all models
  • Instrument panel uppers are now Ebony on all models
  • LT Sedan with neutral interior now has woodgrain trim

• 2 months later...

The changes to the Impala are completeley lame. The 2 best colors are being deleted. Bodyside moldings now cost extra! The best wheels in the form of the machine faced 17" 5 spoke rims on the LT3 and LTZ are being replaced by plastic wheel covers! No more 8-way power drivers seat on LS and LT models but XM radio is now standard. GM should fire there future product planners right now and hire someone with some common sense. This is what the 2008 Impala changes should read:

Std 3500 V6 upgraded to 224 HP like Aura/G6/Malibu Classic

Bodyside moldings left as std equipment on all models

New grille on Impala LS, LT and LT2

LT3 model deleted and same content moved to LT2

Base 16" alloy wheels redesigned

Glovebox light added to LTZ and SS models

Overhead storage added as std on all LTZ and SS models

LTZ with new sport tuned suspension

Floor shift indicators now included on all models with bucket seats and console

The changes to the Impala are completeley lame. The 2 best colors are being deleted. Bodyside moldings now cost extra! The best wheels in the form of the machine faced 17" 5 spoke rims on the LT3 and LTZ are being replaced by plastic wheel covers! No more 8-way power drivers seat on LS and LT models but XM radio is now standard. GM should fire there future product planners right now and hire someone with some common sense. This is what the 2008 Impala changes should read:

Std 3500 V6 upgraded to 224 HP like Aura/G6/Malibu Classic

Bodyside moldings left as std equipment on all models

New grille on Impala LS, LT and LT2

LT3 model deleted and same content moved to LT2

Base 16" alloy wheels redesigned

Glovebox light added to LTZ and SS models

Overhead storage added as std on all LTZ and SS models

LTZ with new sport tuned suspension

Floor shift indicators now included on all models with bucket seats and console

Shouldn't a glovebox light be standard on all models? Gosh even my breeze has one.

I wouldn't say a car is a f**k up cause it's ugly, the Malibu isn't pretty outside or inside, but it was equipped nicely for the price and was one of the safest mid sizers on the road, but I'm not saying thats why they have a classic for it, they are just probably getting rid of what they have left of it.

I wouldn't say a car is a f**k up cause it's ugly, the Malibu isn't pretty outside or inside, but it was equipped nicely for the price and was one of the safest mid sizers on the road, but I'm not saying thats why they have a classic for it, they are just probably getting rid of what they have left of it.

I suppose the Maxx was useful but still nothing most people would buy. I dare say I'd an import before buying it (well I exagerrated a bit, I'd probably buy a Fusion if I wanted a midsize sedan or of course the Aura).

The car just pissed me off. It was so uncompetitive, every time I saw one I just thought to myself how GM needed to really get its act together and take a leadership role when it comes to its cars. And..........then came the Malibu SS. <_<

Yeah true, but I look at it this way, when the car debuted it wasn't the greatest then but it was somewhat competent with the rest of the mid sizers, but as time went on its competitors were either redesigned or updated and all the Malibu had going for it was a new front fascia and well equipped trim levels.

So, the Cobalt has a lot of new features standard that really make me hate my 2005. Side curtain airbags, ebony dashes, and XM Radio all standard.

:scratchchin: It may make sense to hold off on a car til the 2008 Cobalt becomes available....but will it have any cosmetic changes?

What the heck..? I'm glad they ditched the SS label on the N/A Cobalts, but why get rid of the S/C model?? That was one of the only SS's I thought was actually worth the badge!!

EDIT: Thanks for the info, flybrian. I assume it will be a FWD variant?

Edited by PrimeGTP

Its slated to be replaced with a turbocharged SS powered by the same drivetrain as the Solstice GXP and SKY RL (260hp 2.0l)

OH! Phew! Well, at least they're not abandoning the compact tuner market. Though that means that I'll definitely be buying used since I'm sure the SS/TC will be $2-3k more than the Supercharged was.

Not soon enough for me. GM absolutely needs to keep the Delta cars fresh, since small cars are receiving more attention from customers now. I'm sure the SS Turbo will be a hot car, with torque, something only the GTI matches in this class.

So now Chevrolet is coming out with the Malibu Classic based on the SWB Epsilon. Are they pulling an Oldsmobile when you can get the old G-body RWD Cutlass Supreme Classic for a few years along side the FWD W-body Cutlass Supreme (we're talking 1988 - 1990 for those of you too young to remember).

Just bring forth the redesigned Malibu already and forget this Classic stuff.

And wow, just realized that it doesn't come with Onstar anymore

Edited by Aura XR

So the Cobalt basically gets nothing? Not a telescoping Steering Wheel, not new more comfortable seats, suspension improvements, brake improvements? Nothing.

Gee, I wonder why GM is now in second place?

Time for a new CEO. Wagoner sucks.

New Stabilitrak and standard head-curtain air bags aren't basically nothing. Both are significant changes.

Plus it's been 3 years since the debut. 2008 is the golden year for a MCE.

New Stabilitrak and standard head-curtain air bags aren't basically nothing. Both are significant changes.

Plus it's been 3 years since the debut. 2008 is the golden year for a MCE.

Those 2 things dont change how the car feels or make it more comfortable. The least GM could have done was improve the interior. They should have made changes to keep it competitive. The VW Rabbit, Mazda 3, Honda Civic all have the Cobalt beat. Thats unacceptable.

Isn't Aveo still the #1 selling B class car?

Also, is Chevy really keeping the old Malibu body? Is the new Malibu shwon at the Auto Shows going to be a 2008 1/2 or 2009??

The yaris is the top seller now. Big surprise. The Aveo gets poor gas mileage and the interior smells like a chemical factory.

Yaris? That is just an Echo with new looks. Aveo is still selling well, and there are plenty of ads for it. No, TV commericals are not they ONLY form anymore. No one sits in front of TV watching 'Bonanza' with 5 minute Chevy commercials like 1964.

Edited by Chicagoland

So the Cobalt basically gets nothing? Not a telescoping Steering Wheel, not new more comfortable seats, suspension improvements, brake improvements? Nothing.

Gee, I wonder why GM is now in second place?

Time for a new CEO. Wagoner sucks.

Why does it need new seats? My and a buddy just did 900 miles in one day---our backs have zero complaints. The suspension on the NA SS kicks ass---so do the brakes. My car stops ona dime, then picks it up!

Good job Wagoner--if it ain't broke don't fix it!

So what new colors does the new Malibu have? When does the Order Guide for that come out? Yeah, Cobalt needs to be updated-I'd take a Sentra, Elantra, Spectra, even most others over that plug-ordinary car. Also, the Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic (Base and Brougham trims, 307 V-8 only) were sold only for the first part of the 1988 model year until the FWD W-Body models' production ramped up.

Those 2 things dont change how the car feels or make it more comfortable. The least GM could have done was improve the interior. They should have made changes to keep it competitive. The VW Rabbit, Mazda 3, Honda Civic all have the Cobalt beat. Thats unacceptable.

Stabilitrak and side curtain airbags are safety items, both of which make the Coblat 5 start. Safety is important to people w/ kids and families. Not everyone wants Recaro racing seats. Sometimes safety is more important. Remember this in the future and it will serve you well: Just because you want something doesn't mean everyone does.

Stabilitrak and side curtain airbags are safety items, both of which make the Coblat 5 start. Safety is important to people w/ kids and families. Not everyone wants Recaro racing seats. Sometimes safety is more important. Remember this in the future and it will serve you well: Just because you want something doesn't mean everyone does.

Yeah!

Quoted for truth.

Check this out and see how a car company that wants to stay ahead of the pack operates. When I see GM update their cars regularly like Mazda, then Ill be a believer. Right now I see they are not serious at all about being the best:

New for 2007

The 2007 Mazda Mazda3 receives minor updates including a more rigid body, body-color front grille, redesigned front bumper with square fog lights, and the 4-door s sedan now has LEDs for rear combination lights and redesigned 16- and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The interior is fitted with newly added rear armrests with integrated cupholders for rear-seat occupants, 4-door i sedan features interior color packages with newly designed white gauges and zebra-striped wood-finish dash trim, 4-door sedan’s rear cargo space side and end trim have been modified to allow large and a trunk lid recess on top of the bumper has been added, and gray cloth interior is available on select exterior colors. Audio systems have been upgraded with an auxiliary audio input and 12-volt power outlets are now standard.

Check this out and see how a car company that wants to stay ahead of the pack operates. When I see GM update their cars regularly like Mazda, then Ill be a believer. Right now I see they are not serious at all about being the best:

New for 2007

The 2007 Mazda Mazda3 receives minor updates including a more rigid body, body-color front grille, redesigned front bumper with square fog lights, and the 4-door s sedan now has LEDs for rear combination lights and redesigned 16- and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The interior is fitted with newly added rear armrests with integrated cupholders for rear-seat occupants, 4-door i sedan features interior color packages with newly designed white gauges and zebra-striped wood-finish dash trim, 4-door sedan’s rear cargo space side and end trim have been modified to allow large and a trunk lid recess on top of the bumper has been added, and gray cloth interior is available on select exterior colors. Audio systems have been upgraded with an auxiliary audio input and 12-volt power outlets are now standard.

That's called a MCE, GM does them too.

That's called a MCE, GM does them too.

All those changes, firming the suspension, adding a rear seat armrest, etc? GM does none of that, they let their products rot, not even doing simple things like adding a telescoping steering wheel, better seats, etc. All they need to do is check consumer complaints about the Cobalt and fix them. Not difficult but they dont do it.

All those changes, firming the suspension, adding a rear seat armrest, etc? GM does none of that, they let their products rot, not even doing simple things like adding a telescoping steering wheel, better seats, etc. All they need to do is check consumer complaints about the Cobalt and fix them. Not difficult but they dont do it.

Umm, yes they do. Do you need an example?

2007 Equinox changes:

New Features

(44U) Granite Gray Metallic

(66U) Deep Ruby Metallic

(67U) Silverstone Metallic

(14B) Dark Gray Manhattan Cloth

(14C) Dark Gray Premium Cloth

(31C) Light Cashmere Premium Cloth

(U1C) Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player and auxiliary input jack for Ipod/MP3 player

(UUC) Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player, MP3 playback and DVD entertainment system (LT only) also includes auxiliary input jack for IPod/MP3 player

(U3U) Audio system with navigation

(US9) Audio system AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer (LT only) also includes auxiliary input jack for Ipod/MP3 player

(QZ7) Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) polished forged aluminum

(N75) Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) pearl chrome, includes steel spare (2LT only)

(N77) Wheels, 4 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) (1LT or 2LT)

(AP3) Remote vehicle start, includes enhanced remote keyless entry (LT only)

(AP8) Remote vehicle starter prep package

(JL9) Brakes, 4-wheel anti-lock, front and rear disc standard on all models

Front and rear fascia design

Tire pressure monitoring system

Driver Information Center

Instrument panel trim, Warm Sycamore (LT only)

Armrest, center, rear (LT only)

StabilTrak, stability control system

And here are new features for the 2007 G6:

(P22) 17" (43.2 cm) custom 5-spoke, high-vent wheels

Exterior color (75U) Dark Steel Gray Metallic

Exterior color (78U) Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic

2ZF69 1SA model becomes the 2ZG69 model

The old G6-6CYL model becomes the (PDX) Sport Package on 2ZG69 G6 model

(LZ4) 3.5L V6 SFI engine (Sedan and Coupe 224 hp [167.0 kW] @ 5800 rpm, 220 lb-ft of torque [297.7 N-m] @ 4000 rpm) (Convertible 217 hp [162.1] @ 5800 rpm, 217 lb-ft of torque [293.6 N-m] @ 4000 rpm)

(LY7) 3.6L V6 SFI engine (252 hp [188.0 kW] @ 6300 rpm, 251 lb-ft of torque [340.0 N-m] @ 3200 rpm)

(MH2) 6-speed automatic transmission

(D70) 2.77 axle ratio

(AY1) Dual-stage, frontal, driver and right front passenger and head curtain side-impact air bags (standard on Sedan and Coupe only)

(QAD) P225/50R17 blackwall touring tires

(PCM) Preferred Package, includes (AP9) cargo net, (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system and (B37) front and rear carpeted floor mats

(PCQ) Premium Package, includes leather-appointed front bucket seats (GT), leather-appointed front bucket seats with two-tone leather inserts (GTP), (AG1) 6-way power driver seat adjuster (GT), (KA1) heated, driver and front passenger seats, (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system, (AP9) cargo net, (B37) front and rear carpeted floor mats and (U2K) XM Satellite Radio (Convertible only)

(PDX) Sport Package, G6 Sedan model includes (LZ4) 3.5L V6 SFI engine, (PFF) 17" (43.2 cm) 5-spoke aluminum painted wheels, (F83) 3.05 axle ratio, (J65) 4-wheel disc brakes, Hydraulic Power Steering (HPS), front fog lamps and (T43) rear spoiler

(PDX) Sport Package, Convertible model includes (LZ9) 3.9L V6 SFI engine, exhaust outlets with dual chrome tips, (FX3) StabiliTrak, (NW2) 18" (45.7 cm) 5-spoke flangeless ultra-bright alloy wheels (M15) 4-speed automatic transmission, (FR3) 3.69 axle ratio, (C68) front automatic air conditioning and (AG1) 6-way power driver seat adjuster

(PDE) Sun and Sound Package, includes (UN0) AM/FM stereo with CD player (G6), (UC6) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD changer (GT and GTP), (CF5) power sunroof and (T43) rear spoiler (GT Sedan only). On Sedan models, (CF5) power sunroof is upgradeable to (C3Y) power Panoramic roof.

(DD7) Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with compass display

(VPZ) Regular production accessory, Chrome Finish Grilles Package, includes 4 recessed chrome grilles (2 upper and 2 lower)

(Bolded items are similar to what the Mazda3 got)

Yep, GM never changes anything. :rolleyes:

Aside from the suspension changes and "more rigid body," the Mazda3 basically got dealer accessories. And how is a body-color grill a change when it's had it since '04? The front bumper is just from the MazdaSpeed3 Mazda Mazda3, and if you really want new trim I'm sure most every manufacturer offers dealer-installed trim accessories. GM does, at least.

Why does it need new seats? My and a buddy just did 900 miles in one day---our backs have zero complaints. The suspension on the NA SS kicks ass---so do the brakes. My car stops ona dime, then picks it up!

Good job Wagoner--if it ain't broke don't fix it!

The SS has better seats than the LT, which is their bread and butter sales models. I would think they could easily put better seats in all the models. Slipping sales say I may have a point.