FUTURE_OF_GM

cavigirl

I dont remember in detail what happened to budman, but he is stull a member here. His screen name is now budman3 I believe.

I just found this:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...amp;mode=linear

I just miss seeing certain peoples faces on the board lit up more than "regular members"

People such as Ted, FOG, GMTruckGuy, and such. I know they're on the list (I didn't know that when I created this thread though), but I liked seeing their names on the home forum page. It makes them stand out and when you see them post in their respective "specialty" forums, it makes their posts just that much better because they are authority.

Anyway, I know Satty's off the list. What happened to Scott, Crispey (who, yes, changed his name), Chris, Walt, budman, and did I miss any?

Maybe something to think about. NOS had a good point then.

Maybe I spend too much time on web forums -- I don't know -- but I'm not quite sure I would consider what FOG did as "trolling." I don't think I would go ahead and say that his actions were fueled by "personal vendettas" either.

I don't see anything wrong with an occasional "stick in the mud" once in awhile. It is necessary to keep people realistic and humble around here.

If anyone's behavior was indeed questionable, insiders or not, FOG would be the first to do something about it. Who else would? Maybe some would disagree, but that is valuable to a community like this.

In any case, FOG, I will be glad if you stick around. I, as well as many others, thoroughly enjoy your posts. For some time now, I have felt as though GM's situation required nothing but the harsh truth. No more sugar coating and padding the truth. No more making excuses. Some might consider your brutal honesty "too much" but I don't.

If anything negative has come out of this, it's this idea of having "allies" and "enemies." There is no doubt in my mind that we are all GM enthusiasts here, and most likely passionate about the success of American automakers in general. We all want the best for GM and if that means telling it like it is and questioning people's decisions, no matter who they are, good! GMI, CAG, The Source, etc. -- we're in this one together, for the same cause.

Edited by bcs296

Geez, you guys just have to throw salt into old wounds by bringing up the fact that I'm no longer the GMC Truck Mod... j/k! For the record, I didn't resign but was one of several cut in a restructuring move. That's life for you and I hold no resentment towards anyone for that decision. FOG, you have been around as long as I have (I probably found the site in late 2000 or very early 2001). I've seen too many people leave here (Budman, god I forgot about him!) and hate to see some of us ol' timers going away. Please stick around, as I have always enjoyed your posts :thumbsup:

Maybe I spend too much time on web forums -- I don't know -- but I'm not quite sure I would consider what FOG did as "trolling." I don't think I would go ahead and say that his actions were fueled by "personal vendettas" either.

I don't see anything wrong with an occasional "stick in the mud" once in awhile. It is necessary to keep people realistic and humble around here.

If anyone's behavior was indeed questionable, insiders or not, FOG would be the first to do something about it. Who else would? Maybe some would disagree, but that is valuable to a community like this.

In any case, FOG, I will be glad if you stick around. I, as well as many others, thoroughly enjoy your posts. For some time now, I have felt as though GM's situation required nothing but the harsh truth. No more sugar coating and padding the truth. No more making excuses. Some might consider your brutal honesty "too much" but I don't.

If anything negative has come out of this, it's this idea of having "allies" and "enemies." There is no doubt in my mind that we are all GM enthusiasts here, and most likely passionate about the success of American automakers in general. We all want the best for GM and if that means telling it like it is and questioning people's decisions, no matter who they are, good! GMI, CAG, The Source, etc. -- we're in this one together, for the same cause.

Well said. :yes:

....GEEZ, a guy goes away for a few weeks and the world goes to hell in a hand cart! FUTURE_OF_GM, I have greatly enjoyed your postings. In fact, you have been an inspiration: your passion, your determination. Stick around!

(and I have noticed postings seem to be down, too!)