Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 Saturn Astra

I do have a few questions about this interior though:

Posted Image

What's CDC stand for?

What's BC stand for?

What's TP stand for?

No seek/scan function on the radio?

This might look techier, and cooler simply because it's so different fro the standard American interior, but I think the GMNA interiors are way more ergonomic and functional. Don't believe me? Compare the AURA and the Astra stacks. Do you have ANY questions about what a single button does on the AURA? Any questions in your mind about how to change CD tracks?

I'll def give the Astra a shot when I see it in dealers, but at the same time I'm definitely skeptical about a straight Euro-port. I think switching out the center stack for a GMNA one would have done wonders.

Yea, it kinda does.

In what way? I don't see it... In the CTS, it's so obvious since there's a PC tower sticking out of the dash. That's the whole idea of "looking like a PC stack." Nothing like that in the Astra. It's essentially a more stylish, edgier, techier Cobalt's interior. I'm not seeing this "PC tower."

• 3 weeks later...

I can totally dig on the 3-door Astra, but the interior turns me off big time.

Does anyone know if the Astra will have a color OTHER than gray for the interior??? Hopefully a shade of BEIGE!

If anyone knows or has an idea if BEIGE might be offered as an INTERIOR choice, please email: [email protected]

Thanks!!!

Edited by kmil

I.. Love the interior. I'm glad they didn't Americanize it.

I'll gladly take this:

Posted Image

Over this:

Posted Image

Wow. That really puts things into perspective.

The Malibu may be pre-production, but it sure looks shoddy in comparison.

Sorry, but I see zero appeal in the Astra's stack. Its completely counterintuitive and the markings make no sense to the non-foreign driver. Center for Disease Control? Before Christ? Toilet Paper? What the hell does all that mean? And you can see the damn mounting screws for Chris'sake...

I'd rather not be operating something that resembles and feels like a piece of Vietnam-era radar tracking equipment while I'm driving.

Sorry, but I see zero appeal in the Astra's stack. Its completely counterintuitive and the markings make no sense to the non-foreign driver. Center for Disease Control? Before Christ? Toilet Paper? What the hell does all that mean? And you can see the damn mounting screws for Chris'sake...

I'd rather not be operating something that resembles and feels like a piece of Vietnam-era radar tracking equipment while I'm driving.

Being that I was born and raised in Germany (No English is not my 1st language), there is something very Teutonic about the stack that only a German could love and understand in it's spartan efficiency! :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac-Custom-S

I'm sure the Astra will come with a book called an 'owners manual' that will explain the function of the controls.

I like the design...clean and functional, but I'll admit that I'm partial to German interiors (I love BMW, M-B, and Audi interiors).

Actually the interior doesn't look all that bad in this shot from Saturn.com's Astra preview.

Posted Image

Odd...this picture clearly shows the 12 buttons on the radio where other pics here showed 9.

Never much on the center stacks on Opels.

i stood about 6 inches from a couple Astras today at the autoshow.

I LOVE THIS CAR. you guys would love the heavily bolstered seats.

It's really a hot looking car. Especially with the big wheels. Looks wayyyyyy cooler than the Rabbit / Golf.

Needs more motor and a 6 speed auto as such but otherwise, it's way cool!

It looks european in the way the first ford focus' did. Did I say I love this car?

Edited by regfootball

auto show part 2. still love the astra after seeing it again today. Hope this car sells big. I think it needs a bigger motor and a better automatic. It is a looker though, in 2 doors and 4. Interior is way cool also.

Or even better yet, Opel's new 180-hp 1.6 turbo. More power, more torque, more MPG.

• 1 month later...

Thats what I'm waiting for. Not sure I'd be interested in a measely 140hp when I can get more in a Cobalt SS or Mazda3 S.

Anybody know WHERE its going to be manufactured?

It's a hot looking car for sure! I even like the interior, with the exception of the radio. It looks cheap and subpar.

Interesting..I just noticed the hatch, rear bumper and taillights are different between the 3dr and 5dr (smaller rear window on 3dr, pointed bottom on the 3dr hatch, etc).

The 3dr has a coupe-like look. It's a very nice looking car IMO.

The interior is fine in my opinion. In fact, I like it a lot. If only my lease ended later in the year. Then, I might've been able to trade the Grand Am in for this baby.

To show those who don't understand why I like the interior. Let me show you what I've had to look at everyday for the past 3 years:

Posted ImageSoooooo beautiful eh? GM's finest.