General Motors Superbowl Ads

GM Superbowl Ads

Well, for those of us not emotionally or fiscally invested in the big game, some of the more anticipated moments come during the commercial breaks. Advertisers spend beaucoup money on these ads, so you know they're going to bring their 'A' game...or at least should. General Motors is no exception. Some of these you may have seen before, some you haven't. In either case, sit back, click, watch, and enjoy the show.

Chevrolet Division
Posted Image
Ain't We Got Love

Chevrolet HHR
Posted Image
Car Wash

GM Quality
Posted Image
Robot

GMC Acadia
Posted Image

GMC Yukon Denali
Posted Image

GMC Sierra
Posted Image

Will be updated as commercials become available!

I like watching the Super Bowl for the ads, I'll admit. I'll probably TiVo through parts of the game to see the ads.. :)

But I am cheering on the Bears since my Broncos didn't make it.

The Broncos suck. (Just kidding - notice I'm a spoiled Patriots fan.)

Robot one I loved...Chevy one was semi-bad (bad singing and some "who?" people don't make me WANT a Chevy), and the HHR one was semi disturbing to both me and my father who I was on the phone with at air time (laughed, but...).

So, high marks for the robot one--LOVED it--but, just an okay or maybe, for the others.

What kind of sick f :) ck takes pleasure in seeing a robot commit suicide? I found that a little alarming. I am deeply saddened that GM would pick a commercial like this. I plan on writing a letter to the ACLU or whomever handles a situation such as this as soon as I stop laughing.

I like this teaser, too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3wU0x3_t0Do

ps I wonder how many drivers toyota killed or seriously injured while taping their tundra commercial.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-s...ns&expire=1

Loser: Chevy HHR

A bunch of women driving this car are stuck at a stoplight where a throng of shirtless men – many out of shape or old (this was apparently the funny, zany part) – can't help but turn into dancing squeegee washers? Rudy Giuliani would have rightfully hit them with jaywalking tickets.

Later, GMC gave us a robot contemplating suicide after getting laid off (it turned out to be a dream). This was particularly hilarious, we're sure, to all of the recently laid off General Motors factory workers.

At least Chevy spared us another rendition of John Mellencamp's "This Is Our Country" and last March's endless loop of button-down Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski trying to hawk construction grade pickup trucks. (When you think hauling steel, who doesn't think Duke hoops?)

We can't imagine why Detroit is in trouble.

WOW - And I thought I was the only one.

Edited by evok

The Chevy ads both sucked. I'm sorry but I thought they were horrible. The love Chevy one...most people couldn't sing...it was painful to listen to. The HHR one seems like a knockoff of the Charger SRT-8 promo but with guys instead of girls washing it and horrible (IMO) music.

On the other hand, the robot one was cute, and the 2 Yukon Denali ads were good (especially the 2nd one)

The Sierra ones were pretty good....although they did miss something....the transmissions.

As for those Tundra ads, they're nothing if not impressive. "The truck that's changing everything" line is a little lame, but it didn't have the arrogance you see in a Camry commercial...they were cool and more impressive than the Sierra ones. Actually, they kind of remind me of the Ford Superduty ads a while back.

Edited by Dodgefan

Later, GMC gave us a robot contemplating suicide after getting laid off (it turned out to be a dream). This was particularly hilarious, we're sure, to all of the recently laid off General Motors factory workers.

Uh... I thought they accepted very lucrative buy-out packages... Why would this bother them? :rolleyes:

Beside that, when was the last time the Media or US public cared if GM's factory workers were employed or not?

-

If anyone should take notice it should be the workers that are still with GM... produce quality products or you're out the door.

Well, I don't think GoDaddy or Snickers are going to lose too much business because this guy rated their Super Bowl ads poorly, and I don't think GM will either.

Of the lot, I like the 'Ain't We Got Love" commercial. Anybody catch this:

Posted Image

I know, I know. It's the widebody Cobalt concept. But its inclusion in the commercial is interesting.

I was at a superbowl party with some friends and all of ur being big Chevy guys we wrote a Silverado ad they should have run.

Hows this for taking a big shot at the Tundra:

*show Silverado sitting in a field, enter some GM spokes person like Howie Long*

*person walks up to the truck*

"This is the all new 2007 Chevy Silverado." *leans aginst the truck*

"This is Motor Trend's Truck of the Year award." *sets award on the hood*

"This is The North American Truck of the Year award." *sets award on the hood*

"This is Truckin' Magazines Truck of the Year award." *sets award on the hood*

"This is Car and Drivers Best Truck award." *sets award on the hood*

"If it wasn't better why would it have the awards?" *walks off camera*

*announcer* "The all new 2007 Chevy Silverado, consider the bar raised."

Well, I don't think GoDaddy or Snickers are going to lose too much business because this guy rated their Super Bowl ads poorly, and I don't think GM will either.

Of the lot, I like the 'Ain't We Got Love" commercial. Anybody catch this:

Posted Image

I know, I know. It's the widebody Cobalt concept. But its inclusion in the commercial is interesting.

Yeah I noticed that... possibly hinting that the cobalt refresh could be based off it?

I'll give Dan Pretzel one thing: given Toyota's recent history, he's dead-on about their ads...

I saw the Toyota ad with the canyon again tonight during 24..I assume it was faked/CGI (i.e. no canyon there, just a flat road).