• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ford Five Hundred to become "Taurus"

Sexy

Powerful

Desirable...

Posted Image

TAURUS

THAT WORKS

Sexy

Powerful

Desirable..

Posted Image

TAURUS

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Ford has no brains

You know, after looking at that pic-I kinda see an 80s Taurus in that new "500".

Maybe it's not that bad of an idea...

Not every buyer masterbates to car pics. Taurus was never, ever, ever pushed as a 'sexy car', same with Fusion. Sex is reserved for the Mustang. Of course sex creates kids, then that leads to sedans and wagons.

I was surprised to read this earlier today. It seems like the decision was made quickly. Apparently, the new Ford head honcho was confused as to why the Taurus name was dropped and the car allowed to wither on the vine.

Does not matter. What I said about the Aurora was not a fact. It was opinion. I did not come back to this site to get dragged into a debate with you and Flybrian over a name on a car and about if was coupe or sedan. What I stated was my opinion. It should not be treated as a fact or like I said something I should not have said. This thread is about the Taurus and Five Hundred.

Thank you.

There was no malice directed at you, just my using an anecdote to justify my opinion, which is also not a fact. When I saw you rejoined the site, I had hoped you could put aside the differences of the past. Edited by Croc

Posted Image

Let me add one more for effect:

:puke:

I can't believe they actually tried to make it LOOK like the 80's Taurus, which was just as god-awful ugly as any other 80's sedan. Someone needs to save Ford from themselves.

And faced reality and has a real job and real life, unlike slacker 25 y/o sponging off mommy and daddy, working at Starbucks, on MySpace.com in a lame band, waiting for a call from a "talent agency'.

"Dreams"? :censored: em, Get a life

Anway, back to topic:

nah, THAT was the 'best post EVA"!!!!!!!

kiss my ass, you cheeto eating, video game playing punks!, F U to your subwoofer chair too!

Edited by regfootball

Yeah, tired of the thinking that only under 30 people matter in this pop culture. But the good thing, all 'kids' grow up and face reality eventaully.

Fact: less than 25% of new car buyers are under 35. Us 'un-hip' 35-55 y/o people buy over 50% of brand new cars, not used Civics.

Fact: Hip 25 y/olds do not stay the same age forever.

Fact: Left expectancy is over 70, so you are only "MTV core age" 18-24 for 7 years, or 10% of your life, get real.

Anyway, back to topic.

The D3 cars have many improvements, and some are ignoring them. Ford should promote them with the new name, too

With the new 3.5L, this new Taurus definitely has the most horsepower of any Taurus and may even be faster than the famous SHO's. The people between 45 and 60 for whom this car is meant definitely would remember the glory days of the Taurus between 1986 and 1995.

With the new 3.5L, this new Taurus definitely has the most horsepower of any Taurus and may even be faster than the famous SHO's. The people between 45 and 60 for whom this car is meant definitely would remember the glory days of the Taurus between 1986 and 1995.

Let me add one more for effect:

:puke:

I can't believe they actually tried to make it LOOK like the 80's Taurus, which was just as god-awful ugly as any other 80's sedan. Someone needs to save Ford from themselves.

The Taurus and Sable when they first came out for '86, though, really stood out as something bold and different..remember the generic boxes Chrysler (K-cars and their infinite variations) and GM (duller than dull FWD A-,J-,N- bodies) had at the time?

I also see a bit of 80s Taurus in that design. Its better than the old 500's front end I'll tell you that. I'm just glad Robocop once again can cruise the streets of Detroit in a Taurus ^_^

hehe, Robocop...Taurus.....yes lets go back! Back back. Although I never personally liked the 500 nameplate being used without anything pre-fixing it, so maybe there'll be a high-performance option for the Taurus, and call it the Taurus 500?

I think Taurus is a good name. It has am ixed cachet really. the formerly 500 is a very very nice car, made even better with some suble styling changes and of course that brand new much needed 265 HP V6. This should sell well.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.