Sign in to follow this  
intrigued

What is your next car purchase? revisited...

When we bought the Prius, something that wasn't going to burst into flames (long story) was #1 on the list. Then we set a price limit and went from there, she became enamored with hybrids and it was pretty much set from there. I had other ideas, but they went in one ear and out the other. I honestly think she's just looking for the cool factor, and the Cooper definitely has that.

It would be great to get the Cooper and hold onto it for a very long time.

The Cooper is one of my fav. cars, and what I am pulling for in the Satty car search.

The Cooper will for sure drive way better than the Prius.

Chris

My brother in law bought an F-250 on like 42" or 44" tires on Ebay...and then drove it home from California to North Carolina...at 8 miles per gallon.

Chris

I want a monster truck.

For some reason 1970's Fords of all things look really good lifted with big lifts. Chevy's to me always looked better with a smaller lift.

Chris

I've been Wrangler shopping (that dream is dead at the moment) and I cant find one in decent shape without a lift.

Have you ever looked at the Collins Brothers Jeep website?

Satty, I think we have some of the same automotive DNA, we same to like the same cars.

If we had some sort of sustainable energy I would love to have a (pre-current generation) Wrangler.

Chris

Checking out Collins Bros right now. The 4-door Wrangler I drove last winter was fine, but they're awkward looking. A TJ would be my first choice, but if I could find a good YJ, I'd give it serious thought.

I like the TJ and the YJ...and I'd also like a vintage flatfender and a CJ-8. I just love the CJ-8.

Chris

Not just yes but hell yes. They built some cool trucks back in the 1950's also. The cool thing is the old dies were saved and a lot of the bodies of these are available repro.

Back when I was in the Classic Mustang Club one of our members had one of those Jeepster convertibles. That was a fun parade car. We used to do a lot of parades, and I lined up in the stang next to that thing several times.

God, I wish I still had my old Mustang, and I wish I had an old Jeep.

Chris

Satty, when I was a kid the guy who lived down the street had one just like that...but his was red with a dark tan top.

Nothing better on a sunny day than a Jeep...or a Miata...

Chris

Satty, when I was a kid the guy who lived down the street had one just like that...but his was red with a dark tan top.

Nothing better on a sunny day than a Jeep...or a Miata...

Chris

Yeah...a Merc 300CE with all the windows down and sunroof open isn't half bad either..this afternoon was beautiful...the kind of weather where I could almost love Arizona.

I do miss having a convertible, even if the one I had was a $h!pile. I explained to someone earlier that everytime I heard a funny noise or felt a bump while driving the Sebring, I'd look in my mirror to see if the transmission had fallen out.

Looking at buying a beater to drive up and down the highway, to keep the miles off the truck. Possibly a 2001 Mazda 626.

My friend who test drove a 626 said that the only good thing about it was the swiveling air vents.

Depending on what my dealer tells me Monday I could be rolling in a 2008 G6 V6 or an Impala quite soon.

That Saab is right here in Columbus!

My son and I put the convertible top down on the Miata tonight...al 24 degrees or whatever it was. With the heat on and both of us wearing coats, it was actually kind of a nice drive...amazing how everything from airplanes at the airport to train horns sounds so much better with cold air.

Not sure why sound seems to travel better/clearer with cold air but it does.

Moltar, I am kinda jealous of that big merc...when did you pick her up?

Chris

Depending on what my dealer tells me Monday I could be rolling in a 2008 G6 V6 or an Impala quite soon.

G6 V6 would be a sweet upgrade over the G5, Von.

Chris

G6 V6 would be a sweet upgrade over the G5, Von.

Chris

I know it is but part of me wants to get the Impala if possible because it costs 1000$ /yr less to insure than a G6.