Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Look what I just bought

Camino LS6

Very nice. So what are you going to do with it, repaint, motor swap, build a book shelf with the wood paneling?

I would love to watch you build it into a street sleeper, keep the paneling and stuff a HO350 in it.

Edit: Sorry after closer inspection I see its not paneling, my bad.

Edited by Detroit-diesel

It doesn't have the wood panels. I'll have to see what the status of the engine really is once it gets here. I'm thinking that I'll get it running right, put some decent wheels on it, add the missing parts, paint it in original colors and bring the interior back to decent.

How 'bout stealing some cues from what Foose did in Overhaulin'? They put a Laguna S3 nose on and a custom hood from some other year SS Chevelle or something (it's been a while...) Has a nice rise to the hood. That episode on DVD might get you some suppliers and parts sources too.

Overhaulin' Episode

Posted Image

Edited by BigPontiac

Spacetruck II??? Or are you saving that moniker for a new Elky.

Nice find Camino, and the price is right on what looks to be to be a pretty sound body.

Spacetruck II??? Or are you saving that moniker for a new Elky.

Nice find Camino, and the price is right on what looks to be to be a pretty sound body.

That's what I'm hoping,Z. We'll see how sound it is when it gets here, but I think it should be pretty good.

Would you be willing to go take a look at a parts car on L.I. for me? I think I'd like to buy it, but that's a long way to go just to be disappointed.

Let me know.

OK, now to respond to everyone else.

No, I won't SSify it - I don't like clones

BP: That is one cool custom! I don't think this one is going to be a hot rod though.

Schuby and Detroit Nut: Thanks!

OCN: you can count on those pics.

No, this will not wear the Spacetruck name. Funny thing though, yesterday when I walked into the local Wawa, Spacetruckin by Deep Purple was playing on their satellite radio. :scratchchin:

Please, please, PLEASE leave the paint exactly as it is and make it something spectacular on the inside. This thing's got fantastic patina that you can only have once; stuff a 502 between the rails and be done with it!

Awesome buy; I'm very jealous, ESPECIALLY because of the price!

:thumbsup: x1000

Please, please, PLEASE leave the paint exactly as it is and make it something spectacular on the inside. This thing's got fantastic patina that you can only have once; stuff a 502 between the rails and be done with it!

Awesome buy; I'm very jealous, ESPECIALLY because of the price!

:thumbsup: x1000

Sorry man, without paint the air here in PA will eat the car alive - so no patina.

Anyone notice the bullet hole in the tailgate? :unsure:

KICK-@$$!!! congrats. :yes:

Is it 350 powered or 305? Have you seen it in person?

Can't go wrong for $800. One of the few Chevrolets

with stacked headlights. And yes I also say 502 this

thing and call it a day.

I'm with XP on the patina but I understand where you're coming from Camino.

I won't know which V8 it has 'til I get a look at it. IIRC, in '77 you could only get a 305 in a Camino - I'll have to check my references about that. Anyway, there's no reason to think that the engine is original anyway, so it will be a surprise.

No 502s for this one. This car will just be a nice cruiser - I'll go nuts on another one someday.

Just becuase I'm totally nuts I'd love to have one of these with a 572 & M22. :D

Still even if you drop a 283 between the fenders, it will be a fun cruiser!

It's probably cheaper to fly out there, fix the engine, and drive it home, not that I'd recommend doing that. I feel your pain, though...it cost me almost 2K to get my Corvette from Ohio myself. The shippers wouldn't touch it since it was in pieces.

It's $1,500 to ship a car from the east coast to Minnesota, so I can only imagine what Nevada to Pennsylvania would be. Ouch. :(

I've paid twice about $1000-1100 to ship cars from Colorado to eastern Ohio and vice versa, so it's probably similar..