Drugs?

capriceman

The Crack Heads From The Sober  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever take/do drugs?

• Yes, did them a lot
    • No, Im Sober
    • I tried them once or twice.

Exactly FOG, now where exactly are you from, you say you're from the southeast, but where sir?

I'm originally from Asheville NC (BIG leftie/hippie town for those of you who don't know)

Funny you should mention how you usually have fun watching people get drunk because I do the same thing. 90% of the time I'm the sober 'host' of the party. I think the reason I'm that way is 3 fold 1) I hate and always have hated beer (I only drink liquor) 2) My dad was a fire chief for 20 years, so I was WELL aware of the bad consequences and outcome of drinking and driving 3) Someone has to keep order.

My problem is; when I drink, I DRINK! Like that one time I killed a fifth of Goldslauger by myself, or the one time that me and a friend killed a handle of Tequila. Oh well, I guess I have a bigger tolerance because of my size and I guess we're all allowed to cut loose once in a while.

The drug of choice for Asheville used to be weed, but now it's gotten more hardcore (Not a good thing) All the high school kids are hooked on cocaine and all the Gen Xers and Gen Yers have turned to meth. We're in the midst of a HUGE meth epidemic and a lot of my extended family has been caught up in it (they still are, actually) It's funny, we have all these lil' "gansta" 15-18 year olds slingin' rocks thinking they're all hard and $h!.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

$ 1.75 for a Coke or $ 4.00 for a beer? That's how I process things.

How about free tap water that's healthier for you than both of those?

I mainly stick to beer as my drug of choice.. it's been like that since I was... uh... 16 years.. :ph34r:

I tried to make a determination to never smoke pot or any other drug since a few of my buddies did and I didn't want to get influenced and they respected my wishes and never forced upon me. One night we were camping and it was raining and myself and a buddy (who was attempting at quitting pot) were drinking outside the tent while some others were smoking up inside.. I thought about it for a bit and said "f@#k it" to myself and went inside the tent and did it... After that I've done it enough time I can count on one hand still so I'm not an addict to it and I have no real desire for it. One time I had done a whip-it (inhaled whipped cream bottle).. that's something that was more scary than anything and don't plan on doing that again.

Oh and now my biggest drug of choice is something that's been out that for a few years.. it's called World of Warcrack.. you guys should really try it :yes:

Dude, I've never once paid a cent. It's called get friends/roomates who are stoners and join them sporadically.

Same deal here... just spur of the moment with some buddies and never had to pay a dime for anything.

Never been much of a drinker. Everyone's chemistry is different. Alcohol, for the most part, just makes me want to sleep.

In my teens, I was an angel: never drank, never smoked, never tried weed - nada. Then, I watched a straight friend fall for a girl and get seduced by "acid." They seemed to love it. My boyfriend at the time had also used it occasionally, so I dropped a hit and never looked back.

Through the '80s, I probably did LSD or "mushrooms" 50 or 60 times. Never liked pot - puts me to sleep or zones me out. I moved away from the big city for 11 years and my partying ceased as I concentrated on my company. After my family screwed me out of my company, I returned to the big city and (at the age of 35) became a couch potato. I ballooned to 205 lbs (I am 6;2" so it ain't as bad as it sounds) and literally sat around the house.

Friends of mine rescued me one evening with a tiny pill that I later found out is ecstacy - appropriately named, I might add. As my social life accelerated, I would sometimes to coke or sometimes (at clubs) do E, depending on my mood.

Yeah, I have seen friends go from a few lines a night to few hundred dollars worth a night, but I know myself and I know how to draw the line. Coke is probably the most underground drug of all. Millions of people use it - most of those people are professionals and educated, but it is like being gay was 25 years ago: you had to keep it to yourself because of the stigma or propaganda.

IMO, alcohol is the worst. It makes people edgy and aggressive. Pot is probably a safer choice. Coke is too addictive and too easy to ingest, which makes it more insidious. Ecstacy is the best drug, bar none. If used moderately, the side effects are non existent and if done with friends you know and trust, can be a blast like no other. The only "negative" thing that I can see about ecstacy is that it takes 3-5 hours to "come down," which is not always convenient - but can make for some incredible sex sessions!

FIRE AWAY.

I think it's really cool that you shared this. I've always wanted someone to 'tell it to me straight' about certain drugs. It's something I think our education system needs, the kids need to be informed, not told "don't do this" because that just makes them want to do it more.

I've seriously thought about trying pot but never have. It's probably no secret to anyone here that I am an anxious person with a lot of type A characteristics, not to mention I suffer from depression/rage (For which I now refuse to take the medication) Anyway... I've always wanted to try pot to see if it would level me out and just 'save me from myself' I guess. I have plenty of friends that do it and they seem to be so centered and relaxed when they do it. It'd be nice to find that state of mind and I have no moral problems with it, but I've never done it simply because I didn't think it was really me.

I dunno, I probably never will because I don't want to form an addiction.

1. Never been much of a drinker. Everyone's chemistry is different. Alcohol, for the most part, just makes me want to sleep.

2. IMO, alcohol is the worst. It makes people edgy and aggressive.

1. You need to drink a little more then. For me at least, I can have about 3 or 4 shots and I'll be sleepy as hell. Give me more than that though, and I start getting more wired and less and less sleepy.

2. Not everybody is an aggressive drunk though. Matter of fact, I don't know many people that drink who get aggressive (that I've seen). Most of the people I drink with kind of get slap-happy and just all over the place, quite the opposite of aggressive.

to be honest these results really surprise me though.

I thought that being a crack head would be the lowest followed by sober then i thought the "tried them" would have a lot more votes.

If I could take something right now it would have to be some cocaine. Its like nothing else in the world. Its like 5-10 minutes of unexplained feelings. You feel like god basically.

LSD was some fun stuff tho. Nothing like thinking your chillin on a beach with friends and wake up in a baseball diamond. Those were good times. Seeing how many people we can stuff in a Gremlin.

Thinking about it now while in the middle east when me and my spotter would maneuver at night I would steal some poppy plants. Heh.

All i need to make me happy now is peeling out in my caprice. Or seeing some one loose a bet when they think "theres no way he will make that shot" I never excepted the money although the one guy was about to hand me 1k in utter shock. But I couldn't take it. Whats more depressing is last month when i made some calls out of 40 people that were selected for special operations I think theres only 7 of us around now. many of those people should be MOH recipient. Sorry dont mean to bring it up but It angers me every time I think about it.

I like how some kids think us older people think we don't know any code words when they are at the mall. Then I say to them. "Hey you Punks, yeah you and your gonja smoking friends, You know you can buy water bongs at Spencer's!"

Quoted for truth.

However, it only works if both have partaken. Don't try it if only one has (especially just the woman), it usually ends up being awkward somehow. Don't ask.

Yeah... you have to hear about it the next morning. :P