Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

WHEELS

regfootball

Not a bad choice- looks like a simpler Solstice knock-off.
But you asked our opinions on what wheels we like, without specifying that they go on an Ion.
Personally, I prefer a more 'solid' wheel; I don't find brakes that asthetically interesting. American Racing's Salt Flat Special:
Posted Image

[post="20143"][/post]

are those classic 'MAGS'?

A few I believe in....

Try this...the Kuhl, a new style of steelie:
Posted Image
http://www.kuhlwheels.com/

I love Panasports, though they're small by today's standards.
Posted Image

OZ has long been my favorite wheel company....too bad I can't find a picture of the dish wheel made famous in the touring car races...but this will do:
Posted Image

But yeah, that's basically my style...nothing corny, and I definitely don't need chrome...

I'd love to buy any of these for my 68 Camaro:

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/C...e/Front_Rim.jpg

If I ever get a Datsun 510, 1st gen. Mazda RX7, 60s/70s Mini Cooper or a classic BMW 2002 I'll get these rims color coded:

Posted Image

or these:

Posted Image

these rims would look awsome on a 1970.5 Trans Am!

Posted Image

I like the 7 spoke rims I have on the Caddy STS but these are far nicer. I love THESE! That

Posted Image

Better pic. wiht the rims on the car (16")

These would look killer on a late 40s early 50s car like a chopped '49 Merc. or similar tail dragger/lowrider.

Posted Image

When these came out in 1993 on the McLaren F1 they were both modern and classic. I love these rims. Now there's a million knock offs from every vehicle/aftermarket manufacturer. This basic concept's been really played out.

Posted Image

When it comes to classic cars or American mucsle the originals look great 99% of the time. I am sick of seeing Ralley Rims on EVERY 1st gen Camaro I see though. Which is why I got rid of my set.

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

haha, I do love the TT's and TT-II's but I don't think they would ever work on a bimmer...no M3 atleast...I could see maybe a 5 series as it is a more muscular looking car, but deffinitely not a 3 and deffinitely not a 7...they would look very strange on a 7 as 7's are more upscale and classy where he torq thrust series rims would just not work.

These are racing wheels
Posted Image

Im stuck on the old Cragars, so torque thrusts fit into this style, I always like Keystones which are much in line with the Rally Wheels of the times.

I liked most of the Buick & Oldsmobile machine faced wheels from the 80's as well as the 84 Corvettes.

Alot of the variations of 5 spokes that came after just didnt do it for me.

The very spindley 5 spokes look great but I just have a hard time believing in them having any strenght if pushed to high lateral G and put to any interference

there are so many choices its hard to find something that is just right.

Theres always something special about chrome spokes and knockoffs but who can afford them

Edited by razoredge

the 7-series is a big bland slug with a droopy ass & fugly wheels that would be amazingly classed up by the addition of TT-IIs. Wouldn't fix the ass end but would make the whole mess that much more attractive.

[post="20502"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Gotta go with Balthy on this one...

the 7-series is a big bland slug with a droopy ass & fugly wheels that would be amazingly classed up by the addition of TT-IIs. Wouldn't fix the ass end but would make the whole mess that much more attractive.

[post="20502"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

OK, Balthy, we know Nick is throwing his biased weight around kinda heavily, but the stock 7-series wheels (especially the split-star pattern--for lack of a better descruiption) are some of the most muscular, handsome rims out there. Compared to those, Torq Thrusts look kinda thin.

Besides all that, there simply aren't many modern cars that Torq-Thrusts lend to the look of....they're basically meant to be on 60s and 70s pieces. Just like I think it looks crazy to throws spinners of some sort on a 57 Chevy. Edited by LosAngeles

Blorf; don't like them and see nothing 'muscular' about spindly-spoked wheels at all. But it's that 'dish' concavity to them that reminds me of those cheap '70s chrome 'basket' wires after the wires fall out. TT-IIs have a much heavier, more substantial look to them. Actually, between my 2 posts here I grabbed a 7-series pic and chopped a TT-II on the front. Nick was partially right: it looks great & better than the grey alloy factory ones, but something's not right. And yes; we all know Nick drinks deep & often from the bmw- punch bowl. Question is: what will he do when the party's over and the lights go out? ;)

Ugh...I just don't see the apeal in Tq Thrusts or the ever popular Eagle 077's.

Chrome wheels, IMO on most cars, distract the eyes away from the car as a whole. Not to mention Chrome looks cheap, if you want a shiny wheel go polished.

Some of my favorites...

Momo Sport...
Posted Image

Coddington F07
Posted Image
Coddington F16 (I am going to get a set of these for my 67)
Posted Image
Coddington F22
Posted Image
Fiske Profile 5
Posted Image
Fiske Profile 10
Posted Image

Truck wheels...
AR Mojave
Posted Image
M/T Classic II's
Posted Image

Factory wheels include...
W-Body Cutlass Supreme 16" Aluminum 5-stars
Black w/ polished lip 17" ZR1's
C6 ZO6 Wheels in black w/ polished lip
Quad 442 5-stars

[post="20502"][/post]

Well spoken...

RBB:

Them's fightin' words!!! <_< :angry:

No rice rims will ever make it onto my Camaro's axles, nevermind Teddy Bear rims.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You know what they say about a pic. being worht a thousand words:

Posted Image

yea, they could work on that, but if we are talkin e65 then I just don't see them workin right...

and I don't understand...

OK, Balthy, we know Nick is throwing his biased weight around kinda heavily

I go back and re-read what I posted and I don't see any bias whatsoever. All I stated was TT's, being the more retro, muscle car type of rim that they are wouldn't really go all that well with the look of a bimmer which would normally tote around a BBS type of rim a whole lot better.

and what's with this?

And yes; we all know Nick drinks deep & often from the bmw- punch bowl. Question is: what will he do when the party's over and the lights go out? ;)

What's that supposed to mean?

You know, I don't get it...I love GM just as much as the next person, but I happen to love BMW's also. There have been times when my bias has kicked in heavily, but that was a while ago and I have stopped a lot since then because even I started to find it annoying looking at it as if it was from another person's perspective. I can't remember the last time I made a heavily biased comment or even a lightly biased comment for that matter. If I have, I apologize for not remembering. But I don't think it's very fair that even when I mention the 3 letters: BMW I get criticized for being biased in not only a conversation that doesn't evenr eally allow for bias, but in a post I made that doesn't contain bias at all. It would be like me telling you GM fanboys how shitty all your products have been and in some cases still are and you all should be happy GM is finally getting back on track. That kind of goes back to your comment Balthy...what did you do when GM's party ended and the lights went out? Or did they ever go out for you? And when people criticized GM for being utter crap I am sure you were there to spew your bias to the nonbelievers as well, correct?

Sorry, but I don't care for that kind of criticism. The kind that seems very undeserving when I am criticized for something I know I didn't do. I am sure I can stop saying the 3 letters "BMW" for good, yet still people will always see me weeks, months, even years down the road as that "ignorant BMW lover" or "that guy who loves bimmers" or that "BMW bias spewing maniac" etc...and the funny thing is, (like many of you I am sure at one time), my love for BMW is based on where they came, not where they are going. I personally, with the exception of the 6er, hate the new designs. I am not into the bangle/hooydonk flame surfacing crap at all. I love the 7er up until 2001, I love the 5er up until 2003, and I love the 3er up until recently. The Z8 was and still is one of my favorite looking cars. I love BMW's before they started coming out with their new designs. I still like BMW, but the designs no longer interest me as much.

You guys make it out like all I do is talk about Bimmers...You fail to realize this is a GM board and I wouldn't be here if I didn't care about GM. I love GM just as much as I love BMW. I just love both for different reasons.

I'm anti-bias of any kind, and that being said, I'll own up to my statement in this regard... When I read what you said, to me, it didn't come off as "the Torq-Thrust look and the 7's styling simply don't go together" (a statement I would agree with) so much as like "BMWs are too good for Torq Thrusts." I'd call you on that as quickly as I would call Balthazar's "Torq-Thrusts are too good for anything modern, imported, or both, especially a BMW" song and dance, because I think both types of statements are ridiculous, coming off as if one man's taste is the gospel.

RBB: It's all fun and games till Sixty8 looses his sanity. :P Nick: I love BMWs also (you know i do) and I'm sure Balthazar was just kidding. Balthazar: Tell BMW-e65 (Nick) you were just kidding. Edited by Sixty8panther

Crager styled wheels look good on older cars - yes European cars look best with BBS type of wheel - yes Japanese cars look their place with we little Teddy bear wheels -yes! it should be mandatory that all cars belonging to Asian nameplates wear Teddy bears, this will make them easier to identify and herd up....baaaa !

I love BMWs, it just so happens I'd rather have a mint condition 1969 Camaro or a 1962 Cadillac CoupeDeville or even a 1959 Invicta over a $40,000 BMW. But If I was LOADED I might buy one. I might also buy a cheap 3-series wiht a manual trans if I ever stumble onto one. Esp. a 70s little coupe... or a classic "2002".

AS far as rims sometimes it's fun to tear don peoples preconceptions and do somethign unexpected. As long as you think that the mooneye rims you installed on your 2006 BMW look good WTF does anyone elses' opinion matter.

Same as Ilove the ubber-80s rims on my Datsun. I love them and think they look great on the car. They "fit" the vehicle's personality and the car is so rare it would be a stupid thing to discard those rims. But whatever.....

Posted Image