Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Josh

Ford seeks new image for U.S. brands

5 posts in this topic

DETROIT -- With plans for a tenfold increase in hybrid vehicles, Ford Motor Co. wants to make scientific innovation the hallmark of its domestic brands. And even though a dramatic expansion in Ford hybrids remains five years away, the automaker will launch a major corporate branding campaign in October.

The move to stamp the automaker's century-old Ford name with a new image highlights a key problem: the company's inability to create a strong identity for its brands.

That was a motivating factor in new investment, CEO Bill Ford acknowledged. What should Ford stand for?

"I'm not sure there was an aha moment," Bill Ford said. "But it became increasingly clear to me, as we were talking to customers and doing our research like we always do, that the Ford brand in particular, but also Lincoln and Mercury, didn't have the kind of clarity in the marketplace that I wanted to see."

Full Story: http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103238

hey Bill Ford 1.styling 2.horsepower 3.stop being cheap with the safety equipment 4.stop being cheap making things standard 5.cheaper leases 6.better value pricing 7.better resale 8.SVT's/SHO's/PERFORMANCE CARS 9.better warranties 10.less run down dealers

WMJ. Weapon of Mass Joeness.

[post="20365"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you'd have just left the Fusion out of your msg...

But NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

old rating
One ply strength that can defeat the "WMJ"

edit: old rating = link; new rating below Edited by 2b2

Dear Ford, Good job with Lincoln - 30 year-old Town Car, badgejob Zephyr, badgejob Aviator, badgejob "Mark" LT, and the Navigator. Put it out of its misery. Kthxbye.

Foiled again by industrial strength toilet paper! I re-edited the post to include the Freestar, which by all acounts, seems to have more ground clearance than an Explorer. Does this suit thy toilet tissue concierge?

[post="20428"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yup
Posted Image

(tho you did spell Lincoln wrong ;) ergo just one star)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0