Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

GM's Design Drive Hits the Road

Posted Image

I love this, especially the colours! However, an integrated fob (I'm assuming the picture shows both key and separate fob) with a retractable key would give it a more upscale look.

The Cadillac fob seems ideal for keyless applications and looks very good too. It's good to see GM (re)learning how to do things right!

I know the interior in your Dodge isn't any better. I bet the engine isn't either. Is that a 2.7L DOHC V6? They have had lots of problems. I will stick with my torque happy 3800! If you are making fun of the Bonneville interior I will make fun of your bolt on hub-caps on steel wheels. I will get nasty if I need too. Actually I like my Bonneville and its driver-orientated interior (sp) and its wonderful exterior styling even the 17inch N89 chrome wheels. So just watch what you say...

I will make fun of your spaceship if I need too. (I mean Dodge)

Here is a comparison.

Posted Image

I think that generation Intrepid interior is far cleaner and nicer than any of Pontiac's recent attempts including that Bonneville and today's Grand Prix....

3-spokes are better for sportier, performance cars.

4-spokes are better for larger cars designed for cruising.

That's my dad's philosophy too.

I say two spokes are better still!

(Super-88, Datsun Max, my Fleetwood Broughams & '87 Cougar XR7...)

Better yet.... two-spoke "beveled rectangle" steering wheels

post-95-1172215236_thumb.jpg

I think that generation Intrepid interior is far cleaner and nicer than any of Pontiac's recent attempts including that Bonneville and today's Grand Prix....

Agreed..I think the 2nd gen Intrepid interior was nicer than the Charger interior...and that the 2nd gen Intrepid exterior was nicer than the Charger also..I've always liked the 2nd gen LHs, even being FWD and all...the Intrepid, 300M, LHS and Concorde were my favorite rental cars for about 5 years...

I know the interior in your Dodge isn't any better. I bet the engine isn't either. Is that a 2.7L DOHC V6? They have had lots of problems. I will stick with my torque happy 3800! If you are making fun of the Bonneville interior I will make fun of your bolt on hub-caps on steel wheels. I will get nasty if I need too. Actually I like my Bonneville and its driver-orientated interior (sp) and its wonderful exterior styling even the 17inch N89 chrome wheels. So just watch what you say...

I will make fun of your spaceship if I need too. (I mean Dodge)

Here is a comparison.

Posted Image

:huh: .... :rotflmao:

A threat is that? Have you had your eyes checked lately? The interior in my Dodge is far cleaner than that hideous interior. For example, the HVAC controls and the stereo are mounted flush with the center stack on the Intrepid. There's a difference between a "flowing dash" and a "melted dash". The Bonneville's interior has all of the grace and beauty of the Cavalier's. The 2.7L may have a reputation but at 176k miles mine is whisper quiet. I'm starting to wonder if people actually changed the oil at 3k miles or less and not at the (retarded) 7k miles the manual suggests if there'd be less issues. Let's not bring in the favorite pastime of C&G saying that "chrysl3r tr4nsm1ss10ns 4r3 t3h suck" Because both the Shadow and the Intrepid's trannies have outlasted the damn Toyota tranny.

In regard to the hubcaps...well I paid $2,100 for my car, I'm not expecting ultra-stupid bling 30 inch wheels of f@#ktardedness.

Posted Image

Anyway, in the Bonneville's defense, I have always liked the exterior (especially in GXP form without the stupid cladding). But that interior...nope. Nothing personal. However, you're making it personal, and I will get nasty if I need to, I listen to enough Chrysler bashing on this forum.

Also, if you're gonna go "your car my car" interiors, I'll use MY car's interior.

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

Trust me DF... the Bonneville's refreshed interior could have been worse if it wasn't gotten rid of.

Posted Image

:P

Dude, that is kinda scarey...

I want ball vents.

What if the "ball vents" had little fans on them and you were wearing shorts one day...

SNIP!

Blood stains are a bitch to get out...no wonder why the idea never took off :P

Much to the haters' dismay, the majority of the Bonneville's dash materials - cowl, center armrest, console wrap, door panels, door armrests, glovebox - are soft-touch.

Everyone loves to make jabs, but then you sit in a Bonneville, drive it, and realize just how ergonomic it is. The moonroof toggle mimics the operation of the roof, the heads-up display makes look-down driving a thing of the past, and the louver-less air vents are quieter than traditional vents and are a snap to position, unlike some cars today that require you move one dial for horizontal alignment and another for vertical. And as a passenger, you have up to six vents are your disposal. One hot Florida day and a desire to cool off every part of your body individually puts a lid on the snickering.

Okay now, kiddies, I think everyone has had their voice about their interior. Let's get back to topic here and talk some more about what appears to be awesome interiors in the future. If you want to discuss this interior vs. that interior, that's perfectly fine by me, how about opening up a new topic instead of discussing it here though? :)