thegriffon

Ford Reveals First Pictures of New Mondeo

25 posts in this topic

Brentwood — Ford has released the first images of the all-new Mondeo ahead of its world debut at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show. The dramatic all-new Mondeo is designed to raise customers' expectations for a car in this class through a combination of style, dynamics and technology.

During its life, the Mondeo has appeared every year in the nation's top 10 favorite cars. A total of over four million Mondeo models have been built at the Genk plant since launch in 1993 with more than 1.5 million of those being sold in the UK. … more

Clearly, GM is going to have to take the Opel Insignia (Vectra replacement) to the next level in order to beat this vehicle. Ford of Europe really knows what it's doing.

No, it should be a Mercury, it's styling is close to what Mercury tries to do with its products. They can keep the Millan as entry level or simply discontinue it and rename this the Millan, or keep the Mondeo name.

This car is better look, more substantial and has a nicer interior than any current midsize sedan on the market IMO.

Edited by Dodgefan

It looks pretty buttoned up with tight overhangs and sculpted greenhouse.

I think it is a good idea to get it here. We may need a V6 though.

Edited by smallchevy

It could lose the fastback window, but other than that, it's not too bad. Interior's nice as well, but I think that it'll need the Duratec 35 if Ford wants it to do well in NA.

Screw Mercury. It'll get better exposure as a Ford. For enthusiasts/internet researchers/magazines, it's a more compelling car than the Fusion. Their SUV line-up is already redundant anyway.

I think it should come out as a FORD. It is the main part of FORD Co. and will have a real chance of making volume comparable to any mid-sizers compared to a Mercury name plate.

Just like the Fivehundred should have more closely resembled the 427 Concept......I wish the Mondeo would have more resembled it's concept, the Iosis. I guess maybe the Iosis was a bit too radical for European tastes? :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

It could lose the fastback window, but other than that, it's not too bad. Interior's nice as well, but I think that it'll need the Duratec 35 if Ford wants it to do well in NA.

It can be hard to tell the difference, but one is a notchback sedan (no rear wiper) and the other a fastback (above).

oh yeah, it would have to have the v6.

The V6 has been dumped in favor of the 220 PS turbo I5 from Volvo. Of course Opel offers a 280 PS turbo V6, Mazda the 260 PS turbo 4, VW the 300 PS 3.6 V6 and Subaru the 280 PS (nominal, possibly more) 2.0 Turbo, so they be planning to offer a more powerful engine in future.

The V6 has been dumped in favor of the 220 PS turbo I5 from Volvo. Of course Opel offers a 280 PS turbo V6, Mazda the 260 PS turbo 4, VW the 300 PS 3.6 V6 and Subaru the 280 PS (nominal, possibly more) 2.0 Turbo, so they be planning to offer a more powerful engine in future.

Which may very well be good for the European market. If it were brought here, I agree it would need a V6 choice, because most NA Ford owners have no clue what a turbo is unless it's on a diesel truck...

I think it should come out as a FORD. It is the main part of FORD Co. and will have a real chance of making volume comparable to any mid-sizers compared to a Mercury name plate.

Then it would go against all of Ford's current attempts to make the brand more American and brawny...it makes much more sense as a Mercury.

--

91z4me, here's the interior.

Posted Image

Gross, ugly & played out. :puke: Nothing like the concept.

Typical Ford, concept car is a B+ and production car is a C-

Hey, isn't thins another "angry chipmunk" like the Mitsu?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.