Sign in to follow this  
mjdecker

2008 Vibe

Just a quick rebadge of the Auris

Posted Image

Reminds me of a 5 door Aveo <_<

Hopefully the real one will be better.

Guest YellowJacket894

Good job and great quality as far as the chop goes, but I'd rather get mauled by blind seagulls than drive that. But, then again, this was based on a Toyota design, so don't ask what I'm expecting.

Looks like a Vibe and Yaris had relations 9 months ago.

Aggresifly the headlamps and give it a bit more hood...and its a good Vibe.

Never had a problem with the Vibe's looks, just its dopey engine combinations.

Do we really need to sell anymore Toyotas at GM dealerships?

The Vibe was the worst Pontiac aside from the Aztak and the Daewoo-based Lemans.

It will not be missed.

The Vibe was the worst Pontiac aside from the Aztak and the Daewoo-based Lemans.

It will not be missed.

It's not that bad-just ask Cap..... :thumbsup:

They're not a bad car..like Fly said-the engine is pretty weak. You damn near have to floor it to go somewhere...

It handles well, and got better mpgs than pretty much any other GM car...

I will be interested to see what they do with the NG ( or refreshed) Vibe now that they have the G5...

The Vibe isn't/wasn't a bad car at all. It was kinda funky looking, and the base engine was puny and weak, but the GT had sufficient giddyup, I think.

Question though, isn't the contract that sired the Vibe between GM and Toyota kaputzky? If there is a NG Vibe, then it wouldn't be 'Yota-based would it?

There's supposed to be another Toyota-based Vibe coming out this year. The old Vibe GT had a lot of power on paper, but in real life it felt just as weak as the base engine because you had to rev it to 4000+ rpm to get the power out of it. The Vibe is too heavy for the low-torque 1.8 liter engines.

The Vibe is not one of GM's shining stars in regards to quality. It suffers from numerous squeaks and rattles.

It will not be missed.

silly little man. this is the kind of mindless prejudice that skews GM's perception of public opinion. Yeah, the AZTEK (the actual spelling) and the LeMans were hideous, but to write them off as cars without functionality is just stupid.

Have you ever been inside a vibe? Make sure to research before you make another daft little opinion.

I love Pontiac and GM in general, but half of the good design/utility ideas in the Vibe and other "non-gm-based" cars would never have been conceived without another company's help.

I still maintain the Vibe was held back by its mediocre Toyota powertrain combo. 180hp only in the manual GT? An AWD model with less horsepower than the FWD one?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook