DCX seeks sale of Chrysler to...GM?

What bull$h! (to me of course).

It is not better to let Chrysler go out of business.

I mean, when GM was facing bankruptcy just last year, would you say the same?

There are identical loyalties to each individual company and a true Chrysler (Mopar) fan wouldn't really go for anything else.

I myself am tossed up between Chrysler and General Motors. I grew up principally with GM products (GMC, Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac) but my grandparents on my dad's side have always had Chrysler products since I was around, and I'm not sure why, but I preferred Chrysler's products then, and (though not as much and the list has diminished greatly) I prefer them today.

In a semi-related tale, when I was 5 and younger, I called Chrysler products "Red Rose Cars" and I still don't know, but interestingly enough, when I got into growing roses, I discovered one called Chrysler Imperial. It really fascinates me...

I mean, would you GM nuts really consider attaining a Chrysler Corporation product? There you go. We need to look at things from all sides, not the "Well, I like GM and don't care for Chrysler, so it's best to let it die completely".

What Chrysler needs is to be fully independent and American controlled.

God. Help us that care. Chrysler needs out help.

:withstupid:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bull$h! (to me of course).

It is not better to let Chrysler go out of business.

I mean, when GM was facing bankruptcy just last year, would you say the same?

There are identical loyalties to each individual company and a true Chrysler (Mopar) fan wouldn't really go for anything else.

Your post is a bunch of sentimental foolishness and incredibly rude and childish.

Your post is a bunch of sentimental foolishness and incredibly rude and childish.

Yeah, pretty much.

GM commands more than TWICE the marketshare of Chrysler Group, with all the extra employees and dependants that entails.

Consider how much of CG's marketshare is pumped into rental and fleets and the impact of Chrysler biting the bullet is even less significant.

GM buying Chrysler wouldnt be that bad of an idea.. it would be a great idea to just buy the Jeep brand.. maybe just buy Jeep and the Toledo Ohio assembly plant.. I then would sell Hummers and Jeeps under the same dealerships.. if GM bought the whole Chrysler group here is how I would structure it..

Hummer/Jeep: this division would sell. the Jeep Wrangler, Hummer H2, Hummer H3, the Jeep Grand Cherokee would slot inbetween the H3 and H2.. the Jeep Patriot would live on and eventually be moved to the Theta platform.. the Jeep Compass would die..

Buick/Chrysler: would sell the: PT Cruiser which would become a reskinned HHR.. a new 300 that would be built from the Zeta platform..

the Lacrosse which would be built on the epsilion platform.. the Pacifica would eventually be moved to lambda, a crossfire that would also come from Zeta.. the Enclave would still live even with the pacifica because the pacifica would be smaller. and the town and country minivan which i would consider changing the name of.. the sebring, aspen, and lucerne would be phased out..

Pontiac/Dodge/GMC: this would sell the Pontiac Solstice, G6, G8, and GTO.. Dodge Caliber,a small Dodge sedan/coupe built on the Delta platform, Caravan, Challenger, Dakota, Durango, Ram, and Viper, GMC Sierra, Savanna, Acadia, Yukon, and Yukon XL, all other models would be phased out..

Chevrolet, Saturn, Saab, and Cadillac would pretty much remain the same..

GM buying Chrysler wouldnt be that bad of an idea.. it would be a great idea to just buy the Jeep brand.. maybe just buy Jeep and the Toledo Ohio assembly plant.. I then would sell Hummers and Jeeps under the same dealerships.. if GM bought the whole Chrysler group here is how I would structure it..

Hummer/Jeep: this division would sell. the Jeep Wrangler, Hummer H2, Hummer H3, the Jeep Grand Cherokee would slot inbetween the H3 and H2.. the Jeep Patriot would live on and eventually be moved to the Theta platform.. the Jeep Compass would die..

Buick/Chrysler: would sell the: PT Cruiser which would become a reskinned HHR.. a new 300 that would be built from the Zeta platform..

the Lacrosse which would be built on the epsilion platform.. the Pacifica would eventually be moved to lambda, a crossfire that would also come from Zeta.. the Enclave would still live even with the pacifica because the pacifica would be smaller. and the town and country minivan which i would consider changing the name of.. the sebring, aspen, and lucerne would be phased out..

Pontiac/Dodge/GMC: this would sell the Pontiac Solstice, G6, G8, and GTO.. Dodge Caliber,a small Dodge sedan/coupe built on the Delta platform, Caravan, Challenger, Dakota, Durango, Ram, and Viper, GMC Sierra, Savanna, Acadia, Yukon, and Yukon XL, all other models would be phased out..

Chevrolet, Saturn, Saab, and Cadillac would pretty much remain the same..

Man, there is already enough rebadging out there without putting all of those together. GM needs the minivan and thats about it as far as I can tell. Maybe tha jeep brand as well. zeta needs to remain strictly GM property. Perhaps even use the Dakota to refresh the Colorado.

imo.

Edited by prototype66

Ya but, each one of us could probably come up with an equally sappy or sentimental story as to why we like GM, he had enough BALLS to post his story about Chrysler, so insted of being a shameless wuss and hiding behind insults, take the time to listen to the point he was trying to make. If anyone here is being rude and childish it is you.

Ya but, each one of us could probably come up with an equally sappy or sentimental story as to why we like GM, he had enough BALLS to post his story about Chrysler, so insted of being a shameless wuss and hiding behind insults, take the time to listen to the point he was trying to make. If anyone here is being rude and childish it is you.

This is a GM fansite, not Chrysler. No one is going to label one of my posts as bull$h! without a comment from me. It is better for GM if Chrysler went out of business than for GM to buy Chrysler.

Edited by ehaase

This is a GM fansite, not Chrysler. No one is going to label one of my posts as bull$h! without a comment from me. It is better for GM if Chrysler went out of business than for GM to buy Chrysler.

For some reason everyone on this forum is acting like GM buying Chrysler or Chrysler going out of business are the only two options available.

Let China buy em and take all the dealers and sell cheap cars. Or let them die and let GM reap in the increased market share because lots of Mopar die-hards won't buy those forigen cars.

Let China buy them? And get major inroads into America via the dealers?

Everyone thinks that when China gets here no one's going to pay any attention to them and they'll be out so fast it'll make our heads spin. That's exactly what we all thought about the Japanese two decades ago.