Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Snow!

CSpec

Wait...what? :huh:

I know! Though apparently a couple back it snowed on Sunset one evening up in Palisades...so LA Metro isn't immune from it, but I don't miss it one bit here in West Adams. Y'all don't get it in the valley do you? Edited by Croc

UGH!

I'm so tired of plowing snow.

I was in the truck from tuesday morning until 11:30 last night.

I'm retiring from it next year, I've been doing it too long (every storm since 1985).

I've driven in every snowstorm since '79.

I want to sit by the fire and watch the snow fall or get a snowmobile and enjoy it!

3" of ice on the ground. Buick started up nicely.

Fly, you should bring your Aurora up here... two of my friends with Toyotas have their wheels frozen in ice and can't get their cars moving. :AH-HA_wink:

7/8 inches.

I know! Though apparently a couple back it snowed on Sunset one evening up in Palisades...so LA Metro isn't immune from it, but I don't miss it one bit here in West Adams. Y'all don't get it in the valley do you?

I'm just outside of the valley. Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks is the next town over north a bit from Agoura Hills/Malibu. It snowed a bit in Malibu on Kanan. It's right down the way so my friends and I actually went through the snow and even got out, made snowballs, and threw them at eachother...Crazy crazy weather we've been having lately. Edited by Nick

Well, the official total here was 21 inches. They didn't cancel classes here, but they do a good job of clearing the paths and roads. How much did everyone else get?

21 Inches and you still had class? What kind of bastard school do you go to? Around here we got 8-10 inches. It was enough to cancel class (w00t!).

I don't know the official total, but here at my house, there's 8-12 inches... Insane snow drifts from the wind. And I shoveled half of my driveway since the tractor wouldn't start. I'm sore.

I take that back... I'm not sore. I'm f@#king sore. Ugh... I need a massage.

Anyways, went to my grandparent's for something to do after I posted. Brought the camera along with me to get some pics. These aren't quite the worst areas around here, but I didn't feel like driving anymore than I had to. The first pic sucks, but on the left is a huge snow drift that's probably 6' deep. It's taller than me, I know that much. The rest just showcase what most areas look like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm just outside of the valley. Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks is the next town over north a bit from Agoura Hills/Malibu. It snowed a bit in Malibu on Kanan. It's right down the way so my friends and I actually went through the snow and even got out, made snowballs, and threw them at eachother...Crazy crazy weather we've been having lately.

Yea...hope it isn't a sign of "earthquake weather." LOL

Just to give you guys an indication of what might even remotely resemble 85" of snow, here's some pics.

Posted Image

There's a porch buried under there somewhere.

Posted Image

The bottom portion of the swingset is about the same height as the middle portion.

Posted Image

If you squint really hard, you can possibly see a Chevy Venture in that mess. And no, it does NOT have a high-top roof.

Posted Image

I was tempted to let the beagle out without a leash, once I had dug out a place for her to go to the bathroom. It's not like she could go anywhere...

We got a few inches, no more than 5, but the ice was the bigger problem. It snowed. Changed to freezing rain. Changed to snow. Snow melted. Snow froze. A terrible cycle. A few PA interstates have been shut down and the National Guard was rescuing people, giving them food while they waited for hours for traffic to move again. An emergency broadcast message was being repeated all day on the radio today telling people not to travel on I-XX.

Posted Image

I was tempted to let the beagle out without a leash, once I had dug out a place for her to go to the bathroom. It's not like she could go anywhere...

I remember when my 11-year old beagle was that energetic (and thin)...:lol:

Anyways, we got ~3-3.5" of snow, plus a coating of ice that gave the snow the consistency of a rock. School let out 2 hours early on Tuesday, and it's been closed since then. Factoring in President's Day on Monday, I'll have had a 6.5 day weekend when school starts again on Tuesday.