Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Bold Moves: Edge Seeing Incentives Already

Bold Moves: Edge Seeing Incentives Already

Automotive New is reporting FoMoCo's now offering $500 off on the base model of their new CUV to give it a bit more sales "oomph!" Pardon us for being a bit worried here, but wasn't the turnaround effort at the Dearborn, MI based automaker supposed to be "an Edge-based turnaround." Because you know, the Edge is the automaker's "flagship" and stuff.

Jalopnik

The way i read it, the base version is not selling, but the loaded ones are. My ford dealer by my house never has em. If they do, they seem to be gone not too long after. I know they slapped a cheap lease on them now too, because the residual is high out of the gate.

reminder, the acadia has incentives already also.

Edited by regfootball

I think that's fine. GM also quietly put $500 on the Acadia for some reason even though they're flying off the lots.

It's what's expected. I'm thinking that the incentive cost is built into the "regular" price, and if it actually sells for the "regular" price....bonus!

I just checked the Ford website, and all I could find for the Edge is this:

$500 Military Appreciation Bonus Cash

Ford Division is proud to offer a $500 Military Appreciation Bonus Cash program to all the active members of our armed forces and it's transferable within the household!

I think all auto manufacturers should be giving this incentive!.....and if this is what Jalopnik is complaining about, they should be :censored: ashamed of themselves!!

It's what's expected. I'm thinking that the incentive cost is built into the "regular" price, and if it actually sells for the "regular" price....bonus!

Outlook doesn't have any incentives though, and Acadia is selling better than the Outlook.

I can't see why they think it needs incentives... some salesman posted a week or two ago that he sold 3 Acadias in one day and the dealership sold 6 total in one day (!)

Large Ford dealer up the road from me seems to be moving Edges, and I've seen a few on the road already. It's an attractive X-over (exterior is all I've seen so far), and I like the size & proportions (and styling) of it- I don't see why it wouldn't do well for FoMoCo. I may have to look them over on the floor...

I just checked the Ford website, and all I could find for the Edge is this:

I think all auto manufacturers should be giving this incentive!.....and if this is what Jalopnik is complaining about, they should be :censored: ashamed of themselves!!

I'm pretty sure that's not what they're talking about.

A $500 little boost in the beginning isn't at all uncommon, and not at all a big deal. Like was said, same for the GM Lambda's, including sometimes a $1000 bonus and also 0% financing for approx. the next week.

Both the Edge/MKX and GM Lambda's seem to be doing about as strong as one another right now, so we'll see how the future of each goes.

In Texas, dealers are offering $1000 conquest rebate on the Outlook, like other GM models. Pretty competitive around here.

The Outlook starts at $27k ($1k off), while the Edge SEL is $26k ($2000) off.

It's nice to have too many dealerships around.

i think the reaosn the SE is not moving is its missing some things buyers might expect to be standard. For example, autolamp. why is it standard on GM and expensive option on Ford?

Also, the fold flat seat isn't available until you get the seating package on the SEL. Huge mistake. Ford ought to know better than to do this nickel and dime cheapness. no wonder they lose 12 bill.

that ford sync looks cool but if they don't offer it on the base models in 08, they deserve to go down. this stripper type decontenting in 2007 does not bode well with customers.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook