Soon to be proud new owner...

Well it happened really fast, but I will soon be the new owner of the Carbon Metallic Acadia SLE AWD with Titanium cloth. I went to the Chicago Auto show and saw the car for the first time in person, took one for a drive two days ago and will soon have one in my driveway. Very impressed by how the car not only looks but also how it drives. I defintely can concur with many others in past posts how nice this vehicle is. Definitely will be a sales hit!

At first we had a little problem getting it down to the payments I wanted, and a fair value for my trade, but it all worked out in the end. We moved quick on it because there were alot of extra incentives that ended on Feb 28th and you must take delivery of the vehicle before then to take advantage of them. Since all the dealerships around here only have 2-3 a piece, finding one in the correct color and all the features we wanted was a bit tough. So we signed some papers today and the dealership will be calling in a few days when the vehicle arrives from Kenosha, WI(I'm in Chicago, IL). Hope to see it by the weekend, more probably more realistic to think Monday or Tuesday. Either way I am very excited! :pbjtime:

Congrats! And yes, the current week or so is proving to be VERY busy for buyers and dealers alike, trying to find the closest match vehicles ASAP and get the very limited time 0% and also other bonuses--the Saturn guys are experiencing the same thing. Though small, the current incentives are certainly giving them one heck of a boosted start to something that was already strong.

As more people try them out in person and drive them, it'll only get stronger, even with current import people--there seems to be a LOT of Honda and Acura trades coming in (lots of MDX's, for example). Same with big GM ute's. Very telling details :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser

Can you say what type of payments you're going to make and what the overall price was after all downpayments and everything? Buy or lease?

I'd prefer not to say, not that it is bad, but I just feel certain financial information is personal. I can say I was able to get the following discounts...GM Employee discount(my father in-law), GM credit card bonus earnings, $750 bonus earnings from mailed brochure, and $500 bonus earnings as part of the President's Day sale, on top of my trade value.

BTW Caddycruiser...your right about the imports, I am trading in a Mitsubishi Galant to move into a bigger vehicle for the family.

Congrats Creative Vision! Now if GMC would make the SLE a little less cheap-looking...i.e. color-key the mirrors, door handles, bodyside/rocker panel moldings, and add a bright window surround! I hope the purchase goes well!

Congrats Creative Vision! Now if GMC would make the SLE a little less cheap-looking...i.e. color-key the mirrors, door handles, bodyside/rocker panel moldings, and add a bright window surround! I hope the purchase goes well!

Another reason I chose the Carbon Metallic...mirrors and body molding blend in much better, and yet chrome details pop out at you like they should. :)

Well I guess I got excited too soon. The deal fell thru on my new Acadia...at least for now. The dealership in WI that had my vehicle sold it a day and a half AFTER my wife signed some of the papers and put $1000 down. :nono:

I called my dealer today excited to hear good news on when it was to arrive for my pickup and much to my disappointment they told me the bad news. Supposedly the other dealership had an interested party when my dealer called to try and make a trade. The WI dealer didn't want to let it go unless their customer backed out. Unfortunately for me they decided to purchase and I'm out a new car. I was steaming when they told me and made a personal visit to my salesman and general manager to express my disgust.

I told them I wanted my deposit back, but then they said they would stop looking for me. They also told me that if they don't find one before the end of the month, I would lose any and all incentives that expire on Feb 28th. :censored:

I even went online thru GMC's site and located 4 others myself...3 had sold and the last one never called my salesman back(apparently they don't want to trade either). On monday my salesman is going to try the 4th one again. But my wife and I decided that if that falls thru, we are just going to order one and wait the 6 weeks to get it. We'd lose about $1250 in cash incentives, but at least it will be exactly what we want and we don't have to hassle anymore. What a terrible experience this has been. :banghead:

Very common, ESPECIALLY with dealer swaps, and even more so this week with the extra incentives that are making people jump on them like crazy.

It usually works out, and often another one will pop up out of nowhere if they keep searching, so you can still hope.

Hey, guys, it works both ways. I had a "customer" call me up last week (I use the quotation marks because this guy was a major a-hole) to inquire about a 2WD Avalanche. After describing what he wants, he tells me he has another quote from another dealer (here we go, I think), gives me the payment he was told, then adds that he already signed the deal and gave them a deposit, but that they know he is shopping around. WTF? I told him that that was the most unethical thing I have ever heard of, told him that he has LEGALLY bought the vehicle (and under Ontario rules, the dealer has 90 days to deliver it), that he cannot get out of it and that under OMVIC (the licensing body that governs us sales type folk) rules, I cannot even be talking to him. He got all snotty and said that if I don't want his business, he would just call someone else. Fine, I told him, because I don't want your business.

One item to consider, folks, is that after you have beaten up your sales person, and gotten the deal of a life time, the human reality is that there is not necessarily a lot of incentive on the part of the dealer to fight and claw for your deal if they have no money in it. That's just the facts. If it is a hot selling vehicle and they are not making any "gross," there is no extended warranty bought, etc., the deal may fall to the back burner. I have seen managers move the foundation of the building for a deal where 3 or 4 grand was being made. Favors are called in. Personal calls are made.

Think about the business you are in. Which customer do you pull out all the stops for? The one who whines and nitpicks, or the one who was a breeze to deal with and brought you coffee to the counter?

Sorry to hear about the deal, Creative, I hope the rules in your neighborhood are different because in Ontario they don't have to give your deposit back for 90 days, unless otherwise specified in the deal. And, BTW, even if the incentives "end" Feb. 28, your deal is signed, so they should have a week or two AFTER March 1 to deliver the vehicle and still protect your price.

Creative, I went through pretty much the same thing when I leased my AURA XE back in November. I had to have an exact color combination, with the right option packages, in order to make the deal. Unfortunately my Saturn dealer didn't order any of their XEs the way I wanted and the search began. One dealer had exactly what I wanted, but was in the same situation as yours (customer coming in on it). They never got back to my salesman, so he found two others. They both wouldn't trade, and the outlook (no pun intended!) was grim. But a day later another one was found, a little farther away, and the trade was made and I got my car. Don't be down yet, give your salesman/manager a couple more days. On the plus side you have some time left before those incentives run out, and I'm sure they can make a delivery (back-dated though) after March 1 with those incentives in place (I've seen it done when I sold cars).

Well I guess I got excited too soon. The deal fell thru on my new Acadia...at least for now. The dealership in WI that had my vehicle sold it a day and a half AFTER my wife signed some of the papers and put $1000 down. :nono:

I called my dealer today excited to hear good news on when it was to arrive for my pickup and much to my disappointment they told me the bad news. Supposedly the other dealership had an interested party when my dealer called to try and make a trade. The WI dealer didn't want to let it go unless their customer backed out. Unfortunately for me they decided to purchase and I'm out a new car. I was steaming when they told me and made a personal visit to my salesman and general manager to express my disgust.

I told them I wanted my deposit back, but then they said they would stop looking for me. They also told me that if they don't find one before the end of the month, I would lose any and all incentives that expire on Feb 28th. :censored:

I even went online thru GMC's site and located 4 others myself...3 had sold and the last one never called my salesman back(apparently they don't want to trade either). On monday my salesman is going to try the 4th one again. But my wife and I decided that if that falls thru, we are just going to order one and wait the 6 weeks to get it. We'd lose about $1250 in cash incentives, but at least it will be exactly what we want and we don't have to hassle anymore. What a terrible experience this has been. :banghead:

wish i could offer some encouraging words here, but this is exactly the type of situation that favors GM....since demand is outstripping supply. dealer swaps are hard to do because the dealers want to make the money on the vehicle themselves rather than trade the hot property. on the plus side i have now seen 4 acadias and just 3 in the last several days, also 3 outlooks; i think the proportions on the acadia are near perfect, it's definitely a sporty looking truck, and very elegant, so at least you are getting a good truck. as gm enthusiasts, demand, anticipation, waiting lists are only music to the ears...

I didn't think the extra Presidents day incentives were all that great! What an extra 500 bucks by the 20th? Also depending on what GM card you have , if any, they also have deals going on, but the 500 they are giving just for presidents day is not enough to make me jump. :blink:

Edited by Pontiac-Custom-S

Hey, guys, it works both ways. I had a "customer" call me up last week (I use the quotation marks because this guy was a major a-hole) to inquire about a 2WD Avalanche. After describing what he wants, he tells me he has another quote from another dealer (here we go, I think), gives me the payment he was told, then adds that he already signed the deal and gave them a deposit, but that they know he is shopping around. WTF? I told him that that was the most unethical thing I have ever heard of, told him that he has LEGALLY bought the vehicle (and under Ontario rules, the dealer has 90 days to deliver it), that he cannot get out of it and that under OMVIC (the licensing body that governs us sales type folk) rules, I cannot even be talking to him. He got all snotty and said that if I don't want his business, he would just call someone else. Fine, I told him, because I don't want your business.

One item to consider, folks, is that after you have beaten up your sales person, and gotten the deal of a life time, the human reality is that there is not necessarily a lot of incentive on the part of the dealer to fight and claw for your deal if they have no money in it. That's just the facts. If it is a hot selling vehicle and they are not making any "gross," there is no extended warranty bought, etc., the deal may fall to the back burner. I have seen managers move the foundation of the building for a deal where 3 or 4 grand was being made. Favors are called in. Personal calls are made.

Think about the business you are in. Which customer do you pull out all the stops for? The one who whines and nitpicks, or the one who was a breeze to deal with and brought you coffee to the counter?

Sorry to hear about the deal, Creative, I hope the rules in your neighborhood are different because in Ontario they don't have to give your deposit back for 90 days, unless otherwise specified in the deal. And, BTW, even if the incentives "end" Feb. 28, your deal is signed, so they should have a week or two AFTER March 1 to deliver the vehicle and still protect your price.

I don't necessarily agree with your scenario here. I worked in retail, and today work for a wholesaler coop-op where the customers are my 5000 retail locations. As much as I dislike bearing the trash-talking from an irrate customer, they are the ones I will bend over backward for, because I want to prove them wrong and change their opinion of me/our business. I want to make them the happiest, because I am hoping to turn them around and be a future customer based on how happy they leave the situation. Times when you have the biggest a-hole in your face and then they leave thanking you or saying their sorry are the biggest achievements in business IMO. The ones that kiss my ass already, well...I take care of them, but I've obviously already won over their business and heart, provided I don't do anything stupid, they'll be coming back without me doing anything special.

They had no problem giving me my deposit back, but they held it over my head that if I accept to take it they would put a stop to helping locate a vehicle. I was never once told that it is policy to require a deposit before they try to find me a car?? And as far as the incentives go, this dealership and another in the area both said that neither would honor any incentives after Feb 28th citing how could you honor something "that doesn't exist?"

I didn't think the extra Presidents day incentives were all that great! What an extra 500 bucks by the 20th? Also depending on what GM card you have , if any, they also have deals going on, but the 500 they are giving just for presidents day is not enough to make me jump. :blink:

Its $500 for the Presidents day(ends 2/20), but also the potential to lose another $750 from a Family First brochure I received in the mail(ends 2/28). Then there is the question of whether or not they will come back lower on my trade in the future. I got a verbal guarantee that the value would be good 1 week or 2 into March, but... :scratchchin:

BTW Presidents Day also was offering 0% financing albeit for only 36 months.

I feel your pain - this happened to me 2x with two different dealers. I would not be so miffed if they had not assured me on multiple occasions that they had the paperwork in hand from the other dealer. The last one owned up and indicated it was not uncommon - dealers will back out on the trade deals (which they do at cost) if they can get a profit on the vehicle. He called me up yesterday to let me know that the 0.0% financing had been extended and he could keep looking - I told him no way I would do another dealer trade deal.

Anyway, I learned that the inventory on gmbuypower.com shows vehicles in-transit to the dealer as well as current stock. My advice to you is to find the vehicle you want there and work directly with that dealer. I purchased on Acadia yesterday that they did not even have on the lot yet (I have test driven others). Contact thier gmbuyer.com Internet Salesperson to do this - you'll get the Internet price which is better that what most salesman will start you with, and should be able to negotiate further when you go in (I was happy with their $500 over invoice, but had to haggle a little on the trade-in value.)

I feel your pain - this happened to me 2x with two different dealers. I would not be so miffed if they had not assured me on multiple occasions that they had the paperwork in hand from the other dealer. The last one owned up and indicated it was not uncommon - dealers will back out on the trade deals (which they do at cost) if they can get a profit on the vehicle. He called me up yesterday to let me know that the 0.0% financing had been extended and he could keep looking - I told him no way I would do another dealer trade deal.

Anyway, I learned that the inventory on gmbuypower.com shows vehicles in-transit to the dealer as well as current stock. My advice to you is to find the vehicle you want there and work directly with that dealer. I purchased on Acadia yesterday that they did not even have on the lot yet (I have test driven others). Contact thier gmbuyer.com Internet Salesperson to do this - you'll get the Internet price which is better that what most salesman will start you with, and should be able to negotiate further when you go in (I was happy with their $500 over invoice, but had to haggle a little on the trade-in value.)

I got tired of the trade deals, so I just ordered one spec'd out to my needs and will expect to get it in about 6-8 weeks. Far less hassle and they are locking in my trade value so I don't have to worry about it dropping some with the additional miles it will rack up until the Acadia arrives. Plus I might have an opportunity to see an even lower finance rate at that time. Currently I was going to get 5.9% for 60 months, which really isn't bad. I see the 0% has been extended to 2/28, where is used to end on 2/20, however it is still for only a 36 month term.

I'll check out the GM site you mentioned above, just for fun. But I received the GM Employee price which I would hope is far better still than the internet pricing. Have fun with your Acadia, I'll be anxiously awaiting delivery of mine.

Edited by CreativeVision

I've seen a two Acadia's (red one and black one) and one black Outlook, I must say I like em alot and the drivers looked like they would be your typical honda/toyota drivers. :)

What does a typical Honda/Toyota driver look like?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone that's bought an Acadia, how's the milage?

I know they're rated at 24-26 highway depending on AWD or not. My wife really wants one of these things but it's hard for me to part with our 03 Impala that gets 34mgp on a good day.

Anyone that's bought an Acadia, how's the milage?

I know they're rated at 24-26 highway depending on AWD or not. My wife really wants one of these things but it's hard for me to part with our 03 Impala that gets 34mgp on a good day.

I don't have mine yet, but you should head over to Acadiaforums for more info. There are a ton of people who already have theirs and I'm sure you'd get faster responses. I can tell you for sure there is no way you'll see the 34 mpg you get with the Impala, but if your lifestyle needs require a bigger vehicle this is something to think about.

Unlike some vehicles (especially a lot of the new GMT-900's) the Lambda crossovers actually seem to be getting very good real world fuel economy numbers. They're still pretty large and heavy, so no 30+, but a lot of people are averaging 23-26 on the highway and right in the 18-21 range in general and around town. That may not seem stellar, but it's better than just about any larger SUV or crossover out there aside from the Ford Freestyle (still mpg king), and a TON better than something like a new Tahoe.

The 3.6L 6-speed combo is a sweety, and is just about a perfect match to these ute's in terms of performance, refinement, and economy--all without cylinder deactivation tricks. Just as with the Lambdas in general, they seem to have gotten just about everything spot on, throughout.

Seeing as how the Acadia or OUTLOOK are in consideration as a replacement for the '05 Envoy, I'm impressed with those MPG numbers that caddycruiser posted. The wife drives 98% of her 32-mile one-way commute on highways, and the best the Envoy's gotten is around 17 MPG. When I use it for commuting to work (7 miles one-way, two-lane road) I get about 15 MPG. So seeing higher numbers with a larger vehicle like the Acadia is reassuring.

Seeing as how the Acadia or OUTLOOK are in consideration as a replacement for the '05 Envoy, I'm impressed with those MPG numbers that caddycruiser posted. The wife drives 98% of her 32-mile one-way commute on highways, and the best the Envoy's gotten is around 17 MPG. When I use it for commuting to work (7 miles one-way, two-lane road) I get about 15 MPG. So seeing higher numbers with a larger vehicle like the Acadia is reassuring.

Yep, and actually, it's turning out to be another big selling point, especially since they really DO get those numbers. Somehow, GM just hit it out of the park with the Lambdas, in more ways than just about any other of their recent vehicles.

• 2 months later...

Unlike some vehicles (especially a lot of the new GMT-900's) the Lambda crossovers actually seem to be getting very good real world fuel economy numbers. They're still pretty large and heavy, so no 30+, but a lot of people are averaging 23-26 on the highway and right in the 18-21 range in general and around town.

Those numbers are consistent w/ my experience. I've never gotten 26mpg, but cruising on a long trip close to 80mph yielded around 22. I'm sure at 60-65mph that is attainable.

I have spoken to 1 Acadia owner and a pair of Outlook owners - all of which raved about the cars by the way - all three of them were averaging 21-22 in mixed driving, which I think is stellar for something so big!

I can see why the trade with the dealer fell through though - these are an extremely hot ticket right now. In Cedar Rapids, people are FOLLOWING the transports onto the lots to get the Acadia. The Outlook is right there three abreast and everyone is fighting over the Acadias. Go figure. The average lot time on the Acadia around here seems to be 3 days tops.

On another note - the Enclaves are not moving - I think interest is building...but I still see the same three on the lot where the Acadia is flying out the doors...hmm :scratchchin:

On another note - the Enclaves are not moving - I think interest is building...but I still see the same three on the lot where the Acadia is flying out the doors...hmm :scratchchin:

I think the Enclave is moving slow for a few reasons:

• The dealers haven't built up a good selection (colors, trims, options), so it's tough to go shopping for one when each dealer only has a couple on the lot. Ex: We spent the last couple weeks searching for a Cocoa CXL at about 10 dealerships. Most of them are silver, with a few reds and blues here and there. Of the 3 Cocoa ones we found, 1 was being driven by the dealership owner's wife, 1 had a supposed $5000 mark-up and couldn't be delivered until June 28 because the dealership needed it for some demo on that day, and the third one ended up in our driveway. Regardless of color, they all tend to be well optioned CXL's.
  • Advertising? Not too many on the road for people to see?
  • Maybe because it's coming out at an odd time of the year with respect to new vechilces usually coming out in September?

• 2 weeks later...