Spied: Cadillac SRX-V?

DetroitNut90

The “SRX” is just something marketing came up with. I find it hard to believe that Cadillac will abandon the mid-size luxury SUV segment. The SRX and STS share the same width and wheelbase. Since the STS will be combined with the DTS on Sigma, I can envision a larger SUV built on this platform; leaving the BRX to take over for the 37-45k SUV price range.

I really don’t know how much longer I can see a BOF Escalade as the flagship SIV. I believe that today it fills a void, but will eventually be replaced with something unit-body based. Does the average Escalade buyer think wow; this is great that I have a vehicle that is based on a body on frame platform? They either buy it for its size and features, it’s image, or both. BOF allows GM to more easily profit from platform sharing today. The only advantage I see to BOF today for consumers are tow ratings. The Acadia can tow 4500 lbs with its 3.6 V6 that is more than enough for the average owner who might want to drag something behind them.

In summery I can see a larger car based utility vehicle on the STS/DTS platform. This would fill in for higher end SRXs as well cover Escalade territory; leaving the BRX to fill in for lesser SRX models.

right. for me the ideal cadillac truck lineup would consist of two crossovers....one bigger GL sized Escalade unibody crossover, shaped like the Rover sport for kicks and beauty, and a smaller SRX sized sport wagon with an optional third row. but that's just me, in my dream world. I don't see how relevant BOF is to Escalade buyers, of the future. the advantages of having a unibody, more space, better road manners, however do seem like they would be of pretty significant importance to them. However, with GM at the helm, they will want to keep producing as many profitable GMT 900 trucks as they can forever as long as possible, the GM way: milk that old bone for as much meat as it can give you, even when noone wants it anymore.

sorry, my negativity ends there. seriously, the packaging of the third row seat is amazingly idiotic and poorly conceived after experiencing the third rows of the significantly smaller Acura MDX and MB GL. I would think improving on key facets of the vehicle and addressing the market's needs correctly would be high on GM product planners' agendas.

It is like fashion statement. My car has third row seats. You need to have Brady bunch for that.

I have a friend who bought Pilot for the third row seat. His family consists of him, his MILF wife and a three year old daughter. I guess they wanted some ghosts to ride with them in the third row.

Again, this isn't about what you use on a daily basis, it's about what you can do in a pinch. For example, my family of 4 rarely has everyone in the same car...but when the extended family arrives from out of town for the holidays (usually for a week) a third row would be most welcome since those holidays usually mean we have an extra 2 or 3 people in town.

Again, this isn't about what you use on a daily basis, it's about what you can do in a pinch. For example, my family of 4 rarely has everyone in the same car...but when the extended family arrives from out of town for the holidays (usually for a week) a third row would be most welcome since those holidays usually mean we have an extra 2 or 3 people in town.

Exactly. We rarely use the third row except for "soccer mom" duties and when freinds/family come over.

Exactly. We rarely use the third row except for "soccer mom" duties and when freinds/family come over.

wait 10yrs til you guys get married and have kids. then you need to drive your kids and a friend of theirs or two. voila, 3rd row req'd.

as northie and croc have said, it's not for daily use. just like the ability to pull 400lbs in an Envoy isn't a daily req't. but when u need it, you need it.

and by the way, that's why the third row is OPTIONAL.

Again, who really uses the third row in an Escalade, GL, etc?

I for one use it all the time. :D Just for everyone to know, I am a solid fan of the BOF Escalade and DO NOT want a Unibody version. I use my Escalade to pull my 27ft SeaRay all year long be it for fishing or water play in the summer. Funny thing is that while I really like the quality they put into the 2007 Escalades, I actually ended up in Dec 2006 buying what was one of the last produced Escalades ESV Platinum editions on the lot here in Seattle. Sandberg Cadillac. Got it in the White Diamond color and love it. :D handles so nice, yea would like some of the new features on the 2007 including the removed in 2006 so they could add it as a new feature in the 2007 option of you unlock your SUV and the keyfob sets the seat and mirrors and pedals. Unlike my CTS, this option was removed by GM, I have from the service department the internal doc that shows they removed this with no explanation and yet it came back on the new 2007 models. :( Pissed me off and I sent off a bitch letter that on a 75K SUV this should be there. :censored:

Forget the Escalade, who uses the third row in the SRX??

My parents bought their SRX when it first came out and just got a 2nd one. They use the 3rd seat all the time, course it is for the grand kids as no adult can really sit back there comfy. But for the baby boomer crowd with kids or grand kids it works great. SRX really is a hot vehicle. Funny as my mom drives hers which is in the Sea Foam Green color and matches the trim on her house. My dad got his in the white diamond color. After seeing my escalade, he decided to trade in his truck and get another one since he liked the SRX so much. So dual SRX in my parents garage. :D

Cadillac rocks. :D

FYI, I wish they would do 2 things to the Escalade line. Make all the *@#$ Chrome an option as I do not like the bling including the large chrome brick on the back. Should just be the large Caddy logo. The second thing is give the body some unique body lines as it still looks to much like the Tahoe and Yukon. Those are 2 of the biggest reasons for buying the last new 2006 Escalade on the lot over the 2007. The dealership was happy to sell it to me but also surprised why I did not want the new 2007 model ESV Platinum edition. Damn chorme dings up on the side of the doors anyway.

IMO B)

I for one use it all the time. :D Just for everyone to know, I am a solid fan of the BOF Escalade and DO NOT want a Unibody version. I use my Escalade to pull my 27ft SeaRay all year long be it for fishing or water play in the summer. Funny thing is that while I really like the quality they put into the 2007 Escalades, I actually ended up in Dec 2006 buying what was one of the last produced Escalades ESV Platinum editions on the lot here in Seattle. Sandberg Cadillac. Got it in the White Diamond color and love it. :D handles so nice, yea would like some of the new features on the 2007 including the removed in 2006 so they could add it as a new feature in the 2007 option of you unlock your SUV and the keyfob sets the seat and mirrors and pedals. Unlike my CTS, this option was removed by GM, I have from the service department the internal doc that shows they removed this with no explanation and yet it came back on the new 2007 models. :( Pissed me off and I sent off a bitch letter that on a 75K SUV this should be there. :censored:

My parents bought their SRX when it first came out and just got a 2nd one. They use the 3rd seat all the time, course it is for the grand kids as no adult can really sit back there comfy. But for the baby boomer crowd with kids or grand kids it works great. SRX really is a hot vehicle. Funny as my mom drives hers which is in the Sea Foam Green color and matches the trim on her house. My dad got his in the white diamond color. After seeing my escalade, he decided to trade in his truck and get another one since he liked the SRX so much. So dual SRX in my parents garage. :D

Cadillac rocks. :D

FYI, I wish they would do 2 things to the Escalade line. Make all the *@#$ Chrome an option as I do not like the bling including the large chrome brick on the back. Should just be the large Caddy logo. The second thing is give the body some unique body lines as it still looks to much like the Tahoe and Yukon. Those are 2 of the biggest reasons for buying the last new 2006 Escalade on the lot over the 2007. The dealership was happy to sell it to me but also surprised why I did not want the new 2007 model ESV Platinum edition. Damn chorme dings up on the side of the doors anyway.

IMO B)

That's funny, both of my parents have 2005 SRXs and they have never used their 3rd row seats. :)

What kind of crossover is Cadillac getting to replace it? I admit, I've never really been a fan of the boxy shape of the SRX, but from all accounts I've read, it's a very competent vehicle.

It could stand an exterior update. It would look nicer with the sixteen grill and nicer headlamps.

It is like fashion statement. My car has third row seats. You need to have Brady bunch for that.

I have a friend who bought Pilot for the third row seat. His family consists of him, his MILF wife and a three year old daughter. I guess they wanted some ghosts to ride with them in the third row.

Coworkers of mine just bought a Honda Pilot with the third row seat. They have no kids, two dinks with a dog. The 3rd row is convenient when going to lunch with coworkers, though..

Coworkers of mine just bought a Honda Pilot with the third row seat. They have no kids, two dinks with a dog. The 3rd row is convenient when going to lunch with coworkers, though..

though I believe Escalade name has equity for years to come, the market is about estimating the right shifts in consumer demand, or you could end up like the Taurus, Cavalier/Cobalt, Grand Am/G6....not selling as well as they used to. Escalade will sell off name for some time to come, but after the design wears and we're left with an inferior product, in some respects, than the competition has [GL in particular], then the real sales match begins, I guess. I don't ever see GL outselling Escalade, but I do see it becoming a lot more popular, and it has just the right amount of sporty anti-SUV crossover look going for it to remain modern well into the next decade. I think the Escalade shape, and well that general one box SUV shape is starting to become passe, even though it is also classic. So it could go one of both ways, remain a classic and when executed properly like the current Tahoe and Escalade be a success, or start to become old hat.

the third row is a big issue imo. I can't beleive Pilot has more useable space behind the third row and a more comfy third row seat than the GMT 900s

• 2 weeks later...

1. Stop slapping portholes on all Cadillacs as if theyre buicks

2. I dont think the V badge belongs on SRXs (or Escalades, or DTSs - unless after a redesgin and then they make it run with the S63 AMG or something)

3. Don't kill the SRX!! GM is trying to fight BMW with an upcoming 3 series coupe figher - CTS coupe so why kill the SRX when you can be part of the upcoming BMW/Benz craze by making it a..sportwagen!