Contract SIGNED ... my radio shows in April

On Friday, February 23, I signed a contract to do 11 hours worth of shows this coming April 2007 on WRMN, 1410 AM, Elgin!

Shows will be on Friday nights as follows:

April 6 ... 7p-11p central (5p-9p pacific, 6p-10p mountain, 8p-midnight eastern)

April 20 ... 7:30p-11:30p central (5:30p-9:30p pacific, 6:30p-10:30p mountain, 8:30p-12:30a eastern)

April 27 ... 7:30p-11p central (5:30p-9p pacific, 6:30p-10p mountain, 8:30p-midnight (eastern)

If you're interested in listening, mark your calendars now :). Just like last year, I will play older country music with some rock'n'roll as well, including artists like Restless Heart, Ty Herdon, Lee Roy Parnell, Lee Greenwood, Blackhawk, Statler Brothers, Bryan Adams, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, etc. To give you an even better idea, the below is the playlists for my shows last April:

ALABAMA ... the closer you get (group formed as Young Country, 1969; changed to Wildcountry, 1972; became Alabama, 1977 ... 17 weeks on the charts, #1; Rita Coolidge pop hit in 1981)

CARLENE CARTER ... come on back

JOHNNY DUNCAN ... thinkin' of a rendezvous

FASTBALL ... out of my head

EDDIE RABBITT ... repetitive regret

DOUG STONE ... i thought it was you

RONNIE MILSAP ... stranger in my house

TANYA TUCKER ... lizzie & the rainman (debuted April 26, 1975, 15 wks on the charts, #1)

MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHY ... still taking chances

BAILLIE & THE BOYS ... wilder days

MOE BANDY/JOE STAMPLY ... where's the dress? (debuted June 1984, 16 wks on the charts, #8)

FLEETWOOD MAC ... everywhere

MEL MCDANIEL ... baby's got her blue jeans on

MERLE HAGGARD ... mama tried

COLIN RAYE ... little rock

REO SPEEDWAGON ... can't fight this feeling (requested by Gina, valvereplacement.com)

JOHNNY LEE ... looking for love (from the movie "Urban Cowboy" w/John Travolta; debuted July 1980, 14 wks on the charts, 3 at #1)

BROOKS & DUNN ... brand new man

MARK CHESTNUT ... almost goodbye (debuted September 1993, 20 wks on the charts, #1)

ANNIE LENNOX ... walking on broken glass

THE BELLAMY BROTHERS ... forget about me

JOHN CONLEE ... friday night blues (debuted May 1980, 16 weeks on the charts, 2 at #2; Conlee is a former mortician & DJ)

PATTY LOVELESS ... you can feel bad

MICHAEL JOHNSON ... give me wings

SHENANDOAH ... the church on cumberland road (debuted January 1989, 21 wks on the charts, 2 at #1)

JOHN ANDERSON ... 1959 (debuted November 1980, spent 17 wks on charts, #7, 1st Top 10 hit)

ROD STEWART ... broken arrow (dedicated for Jan from heart-related boards, on 2-year anniversary of her mother's death)

REBA MCENTIRE ... why do we want (what we know we can't have)?

REBA MCENTIRE ... is there life out there?

OAK RIDGE BOYS ... i wish you could have turned my head (& left my heart alone)

OAK RIDGE BOYS ... everyday

(requested by Terry of 2000montecarlo.com, listening from sunny Sarasota FL)

JOHNNY CASH ... 1 piece at a time (played for the carnuts listening)

BILLY DEAN ... billy the kid

MARTINA MCBRIDE ... independence day

GARY MORRIS/CRYSTAL GAYLE ... another world (used on "Another World"; this duet also had a hit that was used on "Dallas", makin' up for lost time)

BRYAN WHITE ... so much for pretending

AARON TIPPIN ... there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio (mentioned my 5 MCs ... & how this fits a few of them)

EVANESCENCE ... my immortal

CONWAY TWITTY ... saturday night special (mentioned radio show on college radio station on Saturday nights for 3 years)

DON WILLIAMS ... old coyote town (debuted January 1989, 21 wks on the charts, #5)

ANDY & TERRY MURRAY ... tony & i (mentioned Church Of The Brethren related)

KT OSLIN ... 80s ladies (first Top 10 hit)

JUICE NEWTON ... angel of the morning [debuted March 1981, 11 weeks on the charts, #22; #4 on the pop charts]

VINCE GILL ... cinderella [Vince's 1st Top 5 hit, debuted March 1987, 21 wks, #5]

MARIE OSMOND ... i only wanted you [When at the Kane County (IL) Fair in the mid 1980s, Marie planned to have the video of this song playing while she sang, but due to technical difficulties, could not.]

VONDA SHEPARD ... searching my soul [theme from FOX's hit TV series "Ally McBeal"]

PAM TILLIS ... cleopatra, queen of denial [debuted May 1993]

GLEN CAMPBELL ... still within the sound of my voice [debuted October 1987, 23 wks, #5]

LACY J DALTON ... black coffee

JERRY REED ... she got the goldmine (i got the shaft) [debuted July 1982, 17 wks, #1 (2 wks)]

JEANNIE C RILEY ... harper valley pta [debuted August 1968, 14 wks, #1 (3 wks); CMA's "Single Of The Year"]

DAVID FRIZZELL ... i'm gonna hire a wino to decorate our home [debuted May 1982, 23 wks, #1]

SHELLY WEST ... flight 309 [debuted July 1983, 18 wks, #4; earlier in the year had #1 hit with "Jose Cuervo"]

WYNONNA ... come some rainy day [Many people have mentioned to me about how cool it is I'm "following a dream" by hosting CD Showcase. But, too often, we tend to put dreams away for a "rainy day" ... and that's what this song is about.]

IRENE CARA ... fame [theme from movie & TV show]

CW MCCALL ... convoy [debuted November 1975, 15 wks, #1 (6 wks)]

JODEE MESSINA ... you're not in kansas anymore [debuted July 1996]

RASCALL FLATTS ... i'm movin' on [for my parents, especially Dad]

HOLLY DUNN & MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHY ... a face in the crowd

SYLVIA ... nobody [debuted June 1982, 24 wks, #1]

BONNIE RAITT ... something to talk about

DAVID ALLAN COE ... the ride [Coe never had a #1 hit; best hit was from 1984, "Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile", topping at #2; "The Ride" debuted March 1983, 19 wks, #4]

GEORGE STRAIT ... baby's gotten good at goodbye [debuted January 1989, 18 wks, #1]

KATHY MATTEA ... 455 rocket [requested by Stephen from carnuts.ws]

STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN ... dive

LARRY GATLIN & THE GATLIN BROS ... she used to be somebody's baby [this is one of my favorites, a song they didn't sing when they appeared at Elgin's Hemmens Auditorium a couple of years ago; debuted August 1986, 22 wks, #2]

SUZY BOGGUSS ... hey cinderella [debuted December 1993, 20 wks, #5]

TG SHEPPARD ... somewhere down the line [TG had string of #1 hits in the early 1980s, including "I'll Be Coming Back For More", "Do You Want To Go To Heaven", "I Loved 'Em Every One", "Party Time", "Only 1 You", "Finally"; this song debuted in June 1984, the same month of the "Sandberg Game", in which Ryne Sandberg of the Chicago Cubs blasted 2 home runs off St Louis Cardinals ace closer Bruce Sutter on a Saturday "Game Of The Week" to help the Cubs beat the Cardinals and go on to take the 1984 NL East Division title ... 21 wks, #3]

GEORGE JONES ... the one i loved back then (better known as "the corvette song") [praline from valvereplacement.com requested George Jones; this song is for the car enthusiasts out there ... and spring and "car season" are just around the corner!]

MICHAEL W SMITH ... place in this world

BARBARA MANDRELL ... angel in your arms [debuted August 1985, 18 wks, #8; also was #6 pop hit for Hot, 1977]

RONNIE MCDOWELL ... you're gonna ruin my bad reputation [debuted June 1983, 22 wks, #1]

MICKEY GILLEY ... don't the girls all get prettier at closing time [debuted February 1976, 16 wks, #1]

SKIP EWING ... the coast of colorado [Craig, "monte7852" from the Monte Carlo boards, listening in from Colorado!]

FORRESTER SISTERS ... lonely alone [debuted July 1986, 24 wks, #2 (2 wks)]

CHARLEY PRIDE ... i don't think she's in love anymore [debuted April 1982, 18 wks, #2 (2 wks)]

DOTTIE WEST & KENNY ROGERS ... anyone who isn't me tonight [debuted September 1978, 14 wks, #2]

MICHAEL BOLTON ... how am i supposed to live without you?

CRYSTAL GAYLE ... it's like we never said goodbye

WAYLON JENNINGS & WILLIE NELSON ... just to satisfy you [debuted March 1983, 18 wks, #1 (2 wks)]

JOHN BERRY ... change my mind [debuted July 1996, 20 wks, #10]

ROXETTE ... things will never be the same

JOE DIFFIE ... 3rd rock from the sun [surprised this was not used on the NBC sitcom of the same name]

SAWYER BROWN ... used to blue [1985 CMA Horizon Award winners]

EDDY RAVEN ... should've been gone by now

CHER ... if i could turn back time

LITTLE TEXAS ... what were you thinking? [this song proves memory does not always = reality; I thought this was at least a top 10 hit, but after debuting on the country charts in October 1992, it spent 20 weeks on the charts, topping at only # 17]

TOBY KEITH ... should've been a cowboy [Toby's 1st single; debuted March 1993, 20 wks, #1 (2 wks)]

SOUTHERN PACIFIC ... any way the wind blows [debuted May 1989; from the movie "Pink Cadillac" with Clint Eastwood]

BJ THOMAS ... 2 car garage [debuted November 1983, 21 wks, #3]

EXILE ... yet [debuted September 1990, 20 wks, #7]

MARY CHAPIN CARPENTER ... i feel lucky [debuted May 1992, 20 wks, #4]

KEITH WHITLEY ... 10 feet away [married to Lorrie Morgan, died of alcohol abuse in 1989; song debuted June 1986, 26 wks, #9 (1st top 10 hit)]

T GRAHAM BROWN ... she couldn't love me anymore [debuted a week before my birthday September 1987, 22 wks, #4]

CHICAGO ... i don't want to live without your love

TRACEY LAWRENCE ... can't break it to my heart [debuted June 1993, 20 wks, #1]

MICKEY GILLEY & CHARLEY MCCLAIN ... paradise tonight [debuted July 1983, 22 wks, #1]

TRAVIS TRITT ... tell me i was dreaming [debuted April 1995, 20 wks, #2]

ED BRUCE ... after all [debuted November 1983, 21 wks, #4]

LORRIE MORGAN ... watch me [debuted September 1992, 20 wks, #2 (2 wks)]

BARRY MANILOW ... could it be magic [requested by Melissa from work]

always [special request for Jewel & Carol, friends from Elgin]

CONFEDERATE RAILROAD ... daddy never was the cadillac kind [for Amy from college; debuted March 1994, 20 wks, #9]

BILLY RAY CYRUS ... could've been me [debuted July 1992, 20 wks, #2]

AMY GRANT ... hope set high

DIAMOND RIO ... in a week or 2 [what might happen if you don't do something; debuted November 1992, 20 wks, #2 (2 wks)]

BILLY CRASH CRADDOCK ... rub it in [debuted June 1974, 16 wks, #1 (2 wks)]

BARENAKED LADIES ... if i had a million dollars

MONTGOMERY GENTRY ... speed [1 of my favorites from this group]

DOLLY PARTON ... think about love [debuted November 1985, 22 wks, #1]

CLAY WALKER ... then what?

JANIE FRICKE ... she's single again [Janie is from S Whitley IN, near Manchester College, N Manchester IN; debuted May 1985, 22 wks, #2]

AIR SUPPLY ... all out of love [for Heather from work]

DAVE DUDLEY ... six days on the road [for Greg/ChevyTalk; Dudley worked as DJ at radio stations in IA, ID & MN; debuted June 1963, 21 wks, #2 (2 wks)]

TIM MCGRAW ... all i want is a life

DOTTIE WEST ... lesson in leavin' [song recently re-recorded by Jo Dee Messina; West died in a car crash in Nashville in 1991; debuted February 1980, 15 wks, #1]

LIONEL CARTWRIGHT ... give me his last chance [debuted June 1989, 24 wks, #3]

ELVIS PRESLEY ... moody blue [for Cheryl, N Manchester IN]

HIGHWAY 101 ... who's lonely now? [debuted October 1989, 26 wks, #1]

RICKY SKAGGS ... cats in the cradle [skaggs had a string of #1 hits in the early 1980s; song was a #1 pop hit for Harry Chapin in 1974; Skaggs' version of this song debuted April 1996, spent only 11 weeks on the charts, topping at #45]

MADONNA ... crazy for you

TRACE ADKINS ... chrome [for the car lovers still listening]

RAY STEVENS ... the streak [most people seem to associate Ray Stevens, who is not a relative of mine that I am aware, with country music; however, this song debuted on the country charts April 1974, spent 13 weeks, topping at #3 ... meanwhile, it topped the pop charts at #1 for 3 straight weeks; Stevens hosted his own TV show in 1970]

THE JUDDS ... let me tell you about love [their last #1 hit; debuted July 1989, spent 21 weeks on the charts, topped at #1]

JOURNEY ... faithfully [from mizzjlb to Bubba on Racingone.com]

JOHNNY HORTON ... battle of new orleans [debuted April 1959, 21 wks, #1 (10 wks)]

TERRI GIBBS ... somebody's knockin' [debuted October 1980, 20 wks, #8]

LYNN ANDERSON ... rose garden [debuted November 1970, 20 wks, #1 (5 wks)]

BILLY VERA ... at this moment [used on TV's "Family Ties"]

ALAN JACKSON ... midnight in montgomery [debuted April 1992, 20 wks, #3]

HANK WILLIAMS JR ... attitude adjustment [debuted June 16, 1984, 18 wks, #5; debuted 1 week before "Sandberg Game" ... Cubs vs. Cardinals]

CHELY WRIGHT ... single white female

MELISSA MANCHESTER ... you should hear how she talks about you

WAYLON JENNINGS / WILLIE NELSON / JOHNNY CASH / KRIS KRISTOFFERSON ... highwayman [debuted May 1985, 20 wks, #1]

BLAKE SHELTON ... austin

BONNIE TYLER ... it's a heartache [debuted April 1978, 15 wks, #10; topped at #3 on pop charts]

MCBRIDE & THE RIDE ... sacred ground [debuted March 1992, 20 wks, #2 (2 wks)]

LORETTA LYNN ... i lie [debuted January 23, 1982, 19 wks, #9]

THE KENDALLS ... heaven's just a sin away [debuted August 1977, 20 wks, #1 (4 wks) ... CMA Single of the Year]

PHIL COLLINS ... against all odds

FREDDY FENDER ... before the next teardrop falls [debuted January 1975, 17 wks, #1 (2 wks); CMA Single of the Year; Freddy's 1st release]

MARK COLLIE ... even the man in the moon is crying [debuted August 1992, 20 wks, #5]

ROSANNE CASH ... 7 year ache [debuted February 1981, 19 wks, #1; Rosanne's 1st #1 hit]

EARL THOMAS CONLEY ... don't make it easy for me [debuted January 1984, 18 wks, #1]

EARL THOMAS CONLEY ... chance of loving you [debuted September 1984, 22 wks, #1]

RANDY TRAVIS ... hard rock bottom of your heart [debuted January 1990, 26 wks, #1 (4 wks)]

RICHARD MARX ... hazzard

BILLY SWAN ... i can help [debuted October 1974, 14 wks, #1 (2 wks); 1-hit wonder, 1st release & only #1 hit for Billy]

DAN SEALS ... you still move me [debuted October 1986, 22 wks, #1; heard this one driving through Wyoming in October 2004, after the ValveReplacement.com reunion in Golden CO ... and en route to Ray's home, of Monte List and El Camino list fame]

TRISHA YEARWOOD ... wrong side of memphis [debuted March 1992, 20 wks, #5]

ALABAMA ... angels among us [several requests for this, including Jewel and 8dei1 of RaceDayNews.com; I heard this one en route to college after I had been sick]

NEIL DIAMOND ... america [for Melissa from work]

TENNESSEE ERNIE FORD ... 16 tons [debuted November 1955, 21 wks, #1 (10 wks); #1 on pop charts for 8 wks]

MEL TILLIS ... coca cola cowboy [debuted June 1979, 15 wks, #1; from movie "Every Which Way But Loose" starring Clint Eastwood]

SHANIA TWAIN ... any man of mine [CD skipped into next song ... weird situation ... he heh]

SOUL ASYLUM ... runaway train

CHARLIE RICH ... the most beautiful girl [debuted September 22, 1973, 3 days after I was born, 18 wks, #1 (3 wks); #1 on pop charts for 2 wks]

TERRI CLARK ... better things to do

GENE WATSON ... 14 karat mind [debuted October 1981, 19 wks, #1; Gene's only #1 hit ... another 1-hit wonder]

CINDI LAUPER ... time after time

STEVE WARINER ... the weekend [debuted April 1987, 23 wks, #1]

LEANN RIMES ... life goes on

RAY STEVENS ... mississippi squirrel revival [debuted December 1984, 14 wks, #20]

ROBERT ELLIS ORRALL ... boom! it was over [during my college radio show, I closed every show with "Treasures For The Road" by Andy & Terry Murray; thought about using that here, but opted for something different]

As the time gets closer, I'll post the link so you can listen online from wherever you are :).

And, remember ... winning boards/forums of the "6 Sampler" Monte Carlo trivia contest will receive FREE advertising on my April radio shows :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We all have a song that somehow touched our lives" ... Kenney Chesney ... 'I Go Back'

Awsome. I listened a few times durring your last gig. :)

Totally shoot us the link when its time!

Agreed.

*grins*

I even have some NEW segues written.... I'll use most of the ones from last year as well.

A couple of last year's segues:

[Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life" in the background] ... Bringing to life more of your forgotten favorites, CD Showcase.

[steven Curtis Chapman's "Dive" in the background] ... Diving into more of your favorite hits, country and otherwise, because a song remembers when on CD Showcase.

Three potential NEW segues for THIS year:

[statler Brother's original "Don't Wait On Me"] "When the lights go on at Wrigley Field..." ... You don't have to wait any longer for the lights to go on at Chicago's Wrigley Field ... and you shouldn't have to wait to hear your favorite mix of songs, country and otherwise ... CD Showcase

[John Mayer's "Route 66" in the background] ... Getting your kicks on the airwave's nostalgic highway, CD Showcase on WRMN 1410 AM Elgin.

[bryan Adam's "Summer of 69" in the background] ... Musical memories of summers and other seasons gone by, CD Showcase on WRMN 1410 AM Elgin.

I mentioned I'll give the link to listen live at a later date ... I'll also give the Email address to which you can send Emails before/during/after each radio show as well :).

And ... if you want to participate in the trivia ... go here:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...c=15721&hl=

"Look at everything that's come and gone" ... Bryan Adams ... 'Summer of 69'

Guest YellowJacket894

Now, you're going to set at your computer and tell me you're not going to play "Stranglehold." C'mon.

:P

Glad to hear that you've got a great project going, Cort. :)

*chuckles*

I can only play so much music ... he he. And, I can't make any promises ... sorry ... but, you never know ;).

Again ... thank you ... I cannot wait :).

"It was worth all the while" ... Green Day ... 'Time Of Your Life'

NEWSFLASH:

Mike Danahey of Elgin's _The CourierNews_ newspaper will do a feature article in the coming weeks on WRMN, highlighting my upcoming radio show, "CD Showcase". It is my understanding that the article will be available on the newspaper's website ... and, once I receive it, I will post a link directly to the article.

*grins*

I cannot wait until April, what with baseball on the way and getting my older 4 MCs out for the spring/summer/fall.

And, of course, I'm looking forward to my radio show. He he ... have you sensed how excited I am about this?!?!?!?!

"One more sad story's one more than I can stand" ... Anne Murray ... 'A Little Good News'

• 3 weeks later...

It's ALMOST time ... "CD Showcase" will be on the air in less than 2 weeks!

Email address to contact me before, DURING, and after each show:

wrmnshowcase [AT] aol.com

Test it now....

I will _consider_ requests, but I cannot/will not make any promises.

Link to hear my radio show:

www.wrmn1410.com

Click "LISTEN LIVE" (capital, red letters) at the top, right-hand corner of the page.

"The tide's gonna turn & it's all gonna roll your way" ... Dolly Parton ... '9 to 5'

NEWSFLASH!

Mike Danahey's article about brokered shows on WRMN (including mine) appeared in the Thursday, March 29, 2007, edition of _The CourierNews_ on page D1 (Fox Valley Living section).

That same article is online at this link:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/courier...ERED_S1.article

Enjoy!

"Wake me up inside" ... Evanescence ... 'Bring Me To Life'

• 2 weeks later...

The first CD SHOWCASE of 2007 is history.

2 more shows:

Friday, April 20

(AND)

Friday, April 27

...BOTH nights starting at 7:30p central [8:30p eastern; 6:30p mountain; 5:30p western]. MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!

If you listened, THANK YOU! I hope you enjoyed the artists/songs. I have different artists/songs to play in the next 2 shows....

[Did you record the April 6 show? If so, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I'd love to get a copy of it.]

I _am_ looking for sponsors ... so I can continue hosting the show after April. If you are interested or know someone or a company that might consider being a sponsor, please contact me ... wrmnshowcase [at] aol.com.

I received Emails from listeners across the country:

jlb ... racingone.com

mizzjlb ... racingone.com

Bill and MrsBill ... racingone.com

blonde_stranger ... racingone.com

RP and MrsRP ... racingone.com

JarheadJrFan ... racingone.com

BadGTM ... racingone.com

George P ... 1st Gen MC Club

twomanymontes ... various MC boards

Joy ... my sis

Aunt Chris

Judy ... Jackson TN

Ann ... Weber-Stephen Products Co (where I work)

RacingOne.com even had a couple running threads going DURING the show! If other boards do the same, I'll mention it on the air :).

Emailed comments about the show:

RacineOne's RP ... "You should be proud you're the most popular topic on the board tonight. Anyway....good job playin' country from when I was growing up."

RacineOne's blonde_stranger (Manassas VA) ... "The show was great! You definitely play some tunes that just aren’t found on the airwaves anymore."

RacingOne's Bill and MrsBill ... "We are loving this great slow music, more then I thought, I like rock and roll but this is nice and relaxing to listen too!!! I missed you last year due to me being on delpoyment, but i am here this year. Keep up the great work Cort, we will be looking forward to all of your shows!!!"

Judy (Jackson TN) ... "The music sounds great and you sound even better."

Ann (IL) ... "Good show.........nice mix of songs! Must have been reading my mind......I was just going to request some Kathy Mattea, and there she was!"

PLAYLIST, FRIDAY 04/06/2007

[Artist ... 'Song Title' ... debut date, weeks on chart, top #, other info]

7p-8p central

Alabama ... 'I'm In A Hurry' ... 09/26/92, 20, 2 @ #1 [next to last #1 song, which was 'Reckless' in 1993]

John Berry ... 'Standing On The Edge Of Goodbye'

Rosanne Cash ... 'Runaway Train' ... 08/13/88, 23, #1

Exile ... 'Give Me One More Chance' ... 08/11/84, 26, #1

Heart ... 'Will You Be There?'

Little Texas ... 'Amy's Back In Austin' ... 12/24/94, 20, #4

Mel McDaniel ... 'Stand Up' ... 09/14/85, 21 #5

Eddie Money ... 'I'll Get By'

Charley Pride ... 'Burgers and Fries' ... 10/21/1978, 14, 3 @ #2

Restless Heart ... 'Why Does It Have To Be?' ... 05/30/87, 25, #1

Sylvia ... 'Snapshot' ... 05/07/83, 18, #5

Clay Walker ... 'Live Until I Die'

Paula Abdul ... 'Straight Up'

Glen Campbell ... 'Country Boy' ... 06/07/75, 21, 3 @ #1 [also spent 2 weeks @ #1 on pop charts]

8p-9p central

John Conlee ... 'She Can't Say That Anymore' ... 09/13/80, 17, 2 @ #2

Forrester Sisters ... 'Letter Home' ... 06/25/88, 24, #9

Ty Herndon ... 'What Mattered Most' ... 02/25/95, 20, #1 [his 1st #1 hit]

Johnny Lee ... 'Sounds Like Love' ... 02/05/83, 18, #6

Anne Murray ... 'A Little Good News' ... 09/17/83, 20, #1

Kathy Mattea ... '18 Wheels & A Dozen Roses' ... 03/12/88, 20, 2 @ #1

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ... 'Modern Day Romance' ... 06/08/85, 21, #1

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ... 'Home Again In My Heart' ... 10/12/85, 21, #3

Eddy Raven ... 'Joe Knows How To Live' ... 06/18/88, 21, #1 [for my sister]

Ray Stevens ... 'The Haircut Song' ... 09/14/85, 14, #45

Dottie West ... 'You Pick Me Up' ... 10/20/79, 14, #12

Bryan Adams ... 'Summer of '69' [i call this a "Wedding RECEPTION song".]

Blackhawk ... 'I Can Sure Smell The Rain' ... 08/20/94, 20, #9

Holly Dunn ... 'Daddy's Hands' ... 08/23/86, 25, #7 [for Dad and sister]

9p-10p central

Sonny & Cher ... 'I Got You Babe'

Highway 101 ... 'Whiskey, If You Were A Woman' ... 05/23/87, 23, #2

Toby Keith ... 'He Ain't Worth Missing' ... 07/03/93, 20, #5

Andy & Terry Murray ... 'Treasures For The Road' [used this as my closing song during my college radio show]

Ronnie McDowel ... 'I Dream Of Women Like You' ... 02/25/84, 19, #7

Lee Roy Parnell ... 'What Kind Of Fool' ... 05/16/92, 20, 2 @ #2

Dan Seals ... 'My Old Yellow Car' ... 03/30/85, 19, #9

Kenny Rogers ... 'The Gambler' ... 10/28/78, 16, 3 @ #1

Kenny Rogers ... 'Scarlet Fever' ... 07/30/83, 18, #5

BJ Thomas ... 'Whatever Happened To Old Fashioned Love?' ... 02/12/83, 21 #1 [sang them song to TV's Growing Pains]

Brooks & Dunn ... 'Boot Scootin Boogie' ... 05/23/92, 20, 4 @ #1

Confederate Railroad ... 'Queen Of Memphis' ... 11/21/92, 20, #2

Fleetwood Mac ... 'Little Lies'

Lee Greenwood ... 'Fool's Gold' ... 08/18/84, 25, #3

10p-11p central

Michael Martin Murphy ... 'What She Wants' ... 12/01/84, 23, #8

Charly McClain ... 'Who's Cheatin' Who' ... 11/28/80, 17, #1 [recently re-recorded by Alan Jackson]

Eddie Rabbitt ... 'You Don't Love Me Anymore' ... 06/10/78, 14, #1 [his 2nd #1 hit ... first was in 1976]

John Schneider ... 'At The Sound Of The Tone' ... 08/30/86, 23, #5 [best known for his role as Bo Duke on TV's Dukes Of Hazzard]

Sheryl Crow ... 'Real Gone' [from the movie "Cars", which features '76/'77 MC]

Trisha Yearwood ... 'Walkaway Joe' ... 11/07/92, 20, #2

Earl Thomas Conley ... 'Angel In Disguise' ... 05/05/84, 21, #1

Earl Thomas Conley ... 'What I'd Say' ... 11/12/88, 24, #1

Shenandoah ... 'Mama Knows' ... 10/01/88, 21, #5 [their 1st Top 5 hit]

Boy Meets Girl ... 'Waiting For A Star To Fall'

Michael Johnson ... 'Gotta Learn To Love Without You' ... 04/26/86, 20, #12 [debuted on my sister's birthday]

Aaron Tippin ... 'You've Got To Stand For Something' ... 11/03/90, 20, #6

Roger Miller ... 'England Swings' ... 11/20/65, 15, #3

Bonnie Tyler ... 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart'

Ricky Van Shelton ... 'Wear My Ring Around Your Neck' [from the movie, "Honeymoon In Vegas"]

More great artists and songs to come in the next 2 shows ... remember to MARK YOUR CALENDARS now!

I saved a few artists for people I know asked for them previously. If you ask/asked for a certain artist (like Dwight Yoakam), be sure to send me an Email [wrmnshowcase at aol.com] while you are listening ... so I know you'll hear the song!

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 20 = www.wrmn1410.com

NO radio show this week. BUT, 2 more weeks to hear me on the radio ...

... starting @ 5:30p western / 6:30p mountain / 7:30p central / 8:30p eastern

... FRIDAY, APRIL 20 _and_ FRIDAY, APRIL 27

Additional comments about the show:

Bigcarman, ChevyTalk.org ... where Dee Dee turned the post into a 'stickied' thread: "Cort, you've gotta be cruising at 35,000 ft!"

montecraig, TGMCC: "That's a great article some nice exposure for the shows, maybe you can get some sponsers and do this more regularly"

Praline, ValveReplacement: "I will try to listen in next show. I put an icon for the site on my desktop so I remember and can find the right site."

Artists (among others) that you will hear in the next 2 weeks...

John Anderson

Moe Bandy/Joe Stamply

Barenaked Ladies

Bellamy Brothers

Suzy Bogguss

T Graham Brown

Carlene Carter

Johnny Cash

Charlie Daniels Band

Mark Chestnut

Chicago

Lacy J Dalton

Billy Dean

Diamond Rio

Joe Diffie

Johnny Duncan

Fastball

Janie Fricke

Larry Gatlin

Crystal Gayle

Vince Gill

Mickey Gilley

Amy Grant

Merle Haggard

Alan Jackson

Waylon Jennings

Journey

The Judds

George Jones

Annie Lennox

Patty Loveless (double play)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Barbara Mandrell (double play)

Richard Marx

Martina McBride

Reba McEntire (double play)

Tim McGraw

Jo Dee Messina

Ronnie Milsap (double play)

Lorrie Morgan

Gary Morris (double play)

Juice Newton

Oak Ridge Boys (double play)

KT Oslin

Dolly Parton

Jerry Reed

REO Speedwagon

Roxette

Sawyer Brown

Southern Pacific

Statler Brothers (double play)

Rod Stewart

Doug Stone

James Taylor

Pam Tillis

Travis Tritt

Tanya Tucker

Conway Twitty

Carrie Underwood

Steve Wariner

Bryan White

Keith Whitley

Don Williams

Hank Williams Jr

Dwight Yoakum

*** I am looking for sponsors. If you know someone or a company that would be interested in sponsoring part of the show so I can continue past April, please contact me (wrmnshowcase [at] aol.com) ... thank you! ***

"Never settle for the path of least resistance" ... Lee Ann Womack ... 'I Hope You Dance'

Friendly reminder ... please feel welcome to SHARE this with OTHERS:

2 more shows...2 more chances to hear some great music, and me live, on the radio!

FRIDAY, APRIL 20

_and_

FRIDAY, APRIL 27

5:30p western / 6:30p mountain / 7:30p central / 8:30p eastern

AM 1410...Elgin IL:

www.wrmn1410.com

(click LISTEN LIVE at the top, right-hand corner)

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 20 = www.wrmn1410.com

ONE more chance to hear me and great music (and some cool segues) ... live from WRMN's MONTE CARLO studio:

FRIDAY, APRIL 27

starting @ 5:30p western / 6:30p mountain / 7:30p central / 8:30p eastern

1410 AM...Elgin IL:

www.wrmn1410.com

** Mark your calendars NOW! And, if you've enjoyed the shows and/or know people who would enjoy/appreciate the music, PLEASE SHARE this with others! **

*** Know someone or a company that might be interested in sponsoring part of the show so I can continue past April? Please contact me (wrmnshowcase [at] aol.com) ... thank you! ***

_NOTES FROM FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2007_

COMMENTS:

Family friends, Terry and Peggy W (IL) ... "It's been good to hear you this evening. Like the songs."

Pam K (Elgin IL) ... "I'm listening again and enjoying it as always. You're a natural! The songs are indeed bringing back memories."

Tammy W, Manchester College friend (IN) ... "Thanks for the song. Any Janie Fricke song is good. Thought I'd let you know I have enjoyed your show and will try to listen next Friday."

ACHA's Suzy (TX) ... "I am enjoying your show. I hurried home to hear you tonight. Just had dinner with my husband at Chili's and wanted to catch your show. I like your line up of music tonight. It's helping me relax after a week of teaching first graders. Just wanted to say, someone from Texas was listening to you!"

ValveReplacement's Gina (OH) ... "Great show so far - happy to hear your voice again."

FGMC's Capri ... "Just listening as I cruise thru the FGMCC Forum……so far it is a great show! Nice to have some background music while I read!"

FGMC's Phil (Chesterton IN) ... "Go get em Cort, good radio voice."

FGMC's Tony (TEN3ZRO) ... "I'm listening Cort...sounds great..I love country music."

ChevyTalk.org's Bigcarman ... "Cort, just got on and am catching your show. Sounds good so far! Keep it up. I'll be here next weekend."

CarNuts.us' Falcon ... "Cort, I've got you tuned in and I'm waiting for some Merle Haggard and George Jones. You're doing good and keep those discs spinning."

CarNuts.us' KarnUtz ... "Keep 'em spinnin', you Monte-lovin' son-of-a-gun!"

ALSO RECEIVED EMAILS FROM:

Mary (ValveReplacement)

Michelle (ACHA)

twomanymontes (Dave from several MC boards)

RacingOne's Mizz jlb

Ann (Weber-Stephen Products Co)

Mom and Dad

PLAYLIST, FRIDAY 04/20/2007

7:30p-8:30p central

Pam Tillis ... 'When You Walk In The Room' ... 8/6/94, 20, #2 [#35 pop hit for The Searchers, 1964]

TG Sheppard ... 'Only One You' ... 11/21/81, 19, #1

REO Speedwagon ... 'Time For Me To Fly' ... [what we were all thinking as we "bolted" from work today]

KT Oslin ... 'Come Next Monday' ... 9/29/90, 20, 2 wks @ #1 [what we don't want to be thinking about on a Friday]

Martina McBride ... 'Life #9' ... 1/8/94, 20, #6 [was on FOX's American Idol this week]

Tracey Lawrence ... 'If The Good Die Young' ... 2/5/94, 20, 2 wks @ #1

Mickey Gilley ... 'A Headache Tomorrow (Or A Heartache Tonight)' ... 2/14/81, 15, #1 ["appropriate" debut on Valentine's Day]

James Taylor ... 'Our Town' ... from the movie, "Cars"

Joe Diffie ... 'Pickup Man' ... 10/22/94, 20, 4 wks @ #1

Marshall Tucker Band ... 'Heard It In A Love Song' ... 4/16/77, 10, #51 [#14 on the pop charts]

Carlene Carter ... 'I Fell In Love' ... 7/14/90, 21, #3

Conway Twitty ... 'House On Old Lonesome Road' ... 8/26/89, 15, #19

BareNaked Ladies ... 'Pinch Me'

Gary Morris ... 'Headed For A Heartache' ... 10/17/81, 17, #8 [Gary's 1st Top 10 hit]

8:30p-9:30p central

Gary Morris ... 'Second Hand Heart' ... 7/28/84, 19, #7 [debuted the summer the Cubs won the NL East Division Championship ... but, today, they lost to the Cardinals, the favorite team of ValveReplacement's Mary ... who is listening and who I met during my October 2006 road trip]

Doug Stone ... 'Come In Out Of The Pain' ... 3/21/92, 20, #3

Dottie West/Kenny Rogers ... 'What Are We Doing In Love?' ... 4/4/81, 15, #1

Marie Osmond ... 'There's No Stopping Your Heart' ... 11/9/85, 21, #1

Alan Jackson ... 'Dallas' ... 1/11/92, 20, #1

Madonna ... 'La Isla Bonita'

Bryan White ... 'Sittin' On Go' ... 3/1/97, 20, #1

Billy Dean ... 'Only The Wind' ... 1/4/92, 20, #4

Merle Haggard ... 'Are The Good Times Really Over' ... 5/15/87, 18, 2 wks @ #2 [for Falcon, CarNuts.us]

Dolly Parton ... 'Tennessee Homesick Blues' ... 6/9/84, 20, #1 [for Ann, Weber-Stephen Products Co]

Lynyrd Skynyrd ... 'Sweet Home Alabama'

Ed Bruce ... 'You're The Best Break This Old Heart Ever Had' ... 11/28/81, 21, #1 [Ed Bruce's only #1 hit]

Southern Pacific with EmmyLou Harris ... 'Thing About You' ... 8/3/85, 19, #14

9:30p-10:30p central

Oak Ridge Boys ... 'Gonna Take A Lot Of River' ... 7/30/88, 21, #1 [debuted a few days before the 1st night game at Wrigley Field ... I was at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh watching the Pirates beat the Mets 1-0]

Oak Ridge Boys ... 'Lucky Moon' ... 3/23/91, 20, #6 [both ORB songs for Mom and Dad]

Collin Raye ... 'What If Jesus Came Back Like That' ... 11/25/95, 11 weeks only

George Jones ... 'He Stopped Loving Her Today' ... 4/12/80, 18, #1 [CMA Single Of The Year; for Falcon, CarNuts.us]

Janie Frickie ... 'Somebody Else's Fire' ... 9/21/85, 23, #4 [debut 2 days after my birthday; Janie is from South Whitley IN ... near where I went to college, N Manchester IN, Manchester College; for Tammy W ... college friend]

Journey ... 'Don't Stop Believing'

Keith Whitley ... 'Miami, My Amy' ... 11/2/85, 20, #14

T Graham Brown ... 'I Wish I Could Hurt That Way Again'

Vince Gill ... 'The Radio'

Melissa Manchester ... 'Don't Cry Outloud'

Diamond Rio ... 'Meet In The Middle' ... 3/23/91, 20, 2 wks @ #1

Sawyer Brown ... 'Heart Don't Fall Now' ... 2/1/86, 18, #14

Chicago ... 'Love Me Tomorrow'

Shania Twain ... 'If You're Not In It For Love I'm Outta Here' ... 11/18/95, 20, 2 wks @ #1

10:30p-11:30p central

Roxette ... 'Listen To Your Heart'

Roxette ... 'It Must Have Been Love' ... from the movie "Pretty Woman"

Skip Ewing ... 'Burnin' A Hole In My Heart' ... 10/29/88, 22, #3

Wynnona ... 'No One Else On Earth' ... 8/15/92, 20, 4 wks @ #1

Billy Ray Cyrus ... 'She's Not Crying Anymore' ... 9/5/92, 20, #6

Lionel Cartwright ... 'In My Eyes' ... 10/14/89, 21, #12

Baillie and the Boys ... 'Long Shot' ... 10/18/88, 27, #5

Suzy Bogguss ... 'Drive South' ... 12/5/92, 20, #2

John Anderson ... 'When It Comes To You' ... 4/18/92, 20, #3 [song 1st recorded by Dire Straits on their 1991 album "On Every Street"]

Don Williams ... 'Tulsa Time' ... 11/4/78, 16, #1 [#30 pop hit for Eric Clapton in 1980]

Patsy Cline ... 'I Fall To Pieces' ... 4/3/61, 39, 2 wks @ #1

Don Mclean ... 'American Pie'

Loretta Lynn ... 'Coal Miner's Daughter' ... 10/31/70, 15, #1

Everly Brothers ... 'Bye Bye Love' ... 5/13/57, 26, 7 wks @ #1

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 27 = www.wrmn1410.com

Friendly reminder ... last CD SHOWCASE is THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 27.

5:30p-9:30p western / 6:30p-10:30p mountain / 7:30p-11:30p central / 8:30p-12:30a eastern

1410 AM...Elgin IL:

www.wrmn1410.com

So, while you are reading the boards/Email and/or surfing the web, tune in to hear me (and some cool segues) and enjoy many musical memories...live from WRMN's MONTE CARLO studio!

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 27 = www.wrmn1410.com

The last CD SHOWCASE is history ... unless, of course, I get sponsors to help with the costs so I CAN continue broadcasting.... If you know of someone or a company who might be interested in sponsorship, Email me ... WRMNSHOWCASE [@] AOL.COM!

In the meantime, THANK YOU to ALL who listened and sent Emails to me before/during/after this and every show ... I hope you enjoyed what you heard!

Stephen (TriplePlate/CarNuts.us) recorded the April 20 and April 27 shows...so, if you are interested in hearing them, let me know.

_NOTES FROM FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2007_

COMMENTS:

Anthony...ACHA...Pittsburgh PA: "Sounding good and I am listening...nice way to start off my birthday which is tomorrow!!!!"

OldDood...GMI...Michigan: "I am not a big country fan...but these are good ones. That is what is neat...hearing well placed songs and cutting through the 'crap'."

BigCarman...ChevyTalk.org...Tucson AZ: "I'm listening. Bring back the childhood memories."

John...El Camino Mailing List...St Charles IL: "Cindy & I are Listening right now Cort. Great job. Interesting Mix of current and classic. Definitely a 'Road Feel'. Hope you get to continue to do what you love."

Jared...FGMC/MMG...Anderson SC: "Finally able to listen to your show, man I been missing all of these good old songs. Awesome Show."

Eddie...TGMCC/MCSS...Stafford VA: "Doing a fine job so far, I was in a grouchy mood, but your music seemed to calm me down."

Sean...TGMCC...Pennsylvania: "You are doing great. Keep up the great job!!!"

Dave/twomanymontes...several Monte Carlo-related boards...New York: "I liked the intros you did. I hope you get some sponsorship."

Stephen M...TriplePlate/Carnuts.us...Olney MD: "You're coming in loud and clear here.... My wife and I are running around the house getting ready for some family that's coming to visit, so we'll be away from the computer from time to time, but we're happily taping away ... Thanks for the memories."

Pete/Leadfoote...RDN...Australia: "I finally got the time difference worked out ......you're comin' through loud n clear mate."

Angela...Wisconsin: "You sound like you are having fun!"

Donna...Elgin IL: "I hope your broadcasts have been all you hoped they would be. Best wishes."

Aunt Marian (Email to Mom & Dad)...near Pittsburgh/Johnstown PA: "Just want you to know that we heard Cort on the radio via computer Friday night. Was good to hear his voice and he sounded good. Keep up the good work, Cort."

ALSO RECEIVED EMAILS FROM:

Ray B...El Camino ML; chevyasylum.com...Utah

Craig...MonteCraig from various MC-related boards...Colorado

Michael B...MC Mailing List...Oklahoma (formerly in Texas)

JLB...RacingOne...Tennessee

Jamie/SouthernDirtRacing...RacingOne

Michelle...achaheart.org...Michigan

Jeff...Vocal Chaos; co-worker at Weber-Stephen Products Co...Illinois

Ann...Weber-Stephen Products Co...Illinois

Melissa...former co-worker at Chase Insurance...Illinois

PLAYLIST, FRIDAY 04/27/2007

7:30p-8:30p central

David Frizzell & Shelly West ... 'You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma' ... 1/17/81, 17, #1

Johnny Duncan ... 'Slow Dancing' ... 2/24/79, 14, #6 [#10 pop hit for Johnny Rivers, 1977]

Amy Grant ... 'Baby Baby'

Hank Williams Jr ... 'Born To Boogie' ... 6/13/87, 20, #1

Travis Tritt ... 'Anymore' ... 9/14/91, 20, 2 wks @ #1

Bellamy Brothers ... 'Rebels Without A Clue' ... 9/3/88, 19, #9

Patty Loveless ... 'Blame It On Your Heart' ... 4/13/93, 20, 2 wks @ #1

Patty Loveless ... 'Timber I'm Falling In Love' ... 5/27/89, 20, #1 [her 1st #1 hit]

Mark Chestnut ... 'I'll Think Of Something' ... 6/13/92, 20, #1

Richard Marx ... 'Endless Summer Nights' ... these are just around the corner!

Jerry Reed ... 'East Bound & Down' ... 8/13/77, 15, 2 wks @ #2 [from movie, "Smokey and The Bandit"]

Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers ... 'Broken Lady' ... 12/27/75, 19, #5

Savage Garden ... 'Crash & Burn' ... [for Angela]

Statler Brothers ... 'The Class of 57' ... 8/19/72, 15, #6

8:30p-9:30p central

Statler Brothers ... 'Hello Mary Lou' ... 11/20/85, 20, #3 [#9 pop hit for Rickey Nelson, 1961]

Dwight Yoakum ... 'A Thousand Miles From Nowhere' ... 6/26/93, 20, #2

Lorrie Morgan ... 'Dear Me' ... 4/15/89, 22, #9

Tanya Tucker ... 'What's Your Mama's Name?' ... 3/24/73, 17, #1 [her 1st #1 hit]

Fastball ... 'The Way'

Crystal Gayle ... 'If You Ever Change Your Mind' ... 9/13/80, 18, #1

Johnny Cash ... 'Ring Of Fire' ... 6/8/63, 26, 7 wks #1

Reba McEntire ... 'And Still' ... 5/7/95, 20, #2

Reba McEntire ... 'Fancy' ... 3/2/91, 20, #8

Blake Shelton ... 'Austin' [for Mom]

Michael Bolton ... 'Steel Bars'

Robert Ellis Orrall ... 'A Little Bit Of Her Love' ... 3/20/93, 20, #31 [used his most-popular hit "Boom! It Was Over" as last year's last song]

Tim McGraw ... 'Maybe We Should Just Sleep On It' ... 10/12/96, 20, #4

Air Supply ... 'Every Woman In The World' [for Melissa from Chase Insurance]

9:30p-10:30p central

Vocal Chaos ... BoDeans' "Good Things" ... Chicagoland IL-based a cappella group, who celebrated 10 years together in 2006; Jeff from Weber-Stephen Products Co is a member

The Jukes ... "Barbara Ann" ... Jackson TN-based a cappella group; Manchester College friend Kevin was a member

Carrie Underwood ... 'Before He Cheats' ... American Idol winner

Better Than Ezra ... 'Extra Ordinary'

Juice Newton ... 'Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me' ... 5/22/82, 10, #30 [#7 on the pop charts]

Michael W Smith ... 'Friends'

Jimmie Rodgers ... 'Honeycomb' ... 10/14/57, 13, #7 [4 wks @ #1 on the pop charts]

Ronnie Milsap ... 'Smokey Mountain Rain' ... 10/11/80, 14, #1

Ronnie Milsap ... 'A Woman In Love' ... 9/3/89, 26, 2 wks @ #1

Annie Lennox ... 'Little Bird'

JoDee Messina ... 'Heads Carolina, Tails California' ... 1/27/96, 20, #2

9 Days ... 'Good Friend'

Rebecca Lynn Howard ... 'Forgive'

Barbara Mandrell ... 'Sleeping Single In A Double Bed' ... 9/9/78, 15, 3 wks @ #1

10:30p-11:30p central

Barbara Mandrell ... 'Fooled By A Feeling' ... 8/11/79, 14, #4

Rascal Flatts ... 'Life Is A Highway' ... from the movie, "Cars" [for Dad]

Lonestar ... 'What About Now?' ... [travel theme ... I love road trips!]

Taylor Dayne ... 'I'll Be Your Shelter'

Moe Bandy/Joe Stampley ... 'Roll On Big Mama'

Waylon Jennings ... 'Theme From The Dukes Of Hazzard (Good Ol Boys)' ... 8/23/80, 17, #1 [for sister and bro-in-law]

Rod Stewart ... 'The Motown Song'

George Strait ... 'The Chair' ... 9/21/85, 22, #1

George strait ... 'Easy Come, Easy Go' ... 8/1/93, 20, 2 wks #1

Bonnie Raitt ... 'Something To Talk About' [for Heather]

John Mayer ... 'Route 66' ... from the movie, "Cars"

Marty Robbins ... 'El Paso' ... 11/9/59, 26, 7 wks @ #1 [2 wks #1 on pop charts]

The Judds ... 'I Know Where I'm Going' ... 5/9/87, 19, #1

Tammy Wynette ... 'Stand By Your Man' ... 10/19/68, 21, 3 wks @ #1

Steve Wariner ... 'Why Goodbye' ... 4/7/84, 18, #12 [debuted a couple months before the "Sandberg Game", 6/23/84, in which Chicago Cubs' Ryne Sandberg hit 2 Home Runs off St Louis Cardinals (and former Chicago Cubs) closer, Bruce Sutter; a couple ValveReplacement members are Cardinals fans]

"I hope life will treat you kind" ... Dolly Parton ... 'I Will Always Love You'

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the book that contrasted "fortunately" and "unfortunately"? Well, here is another contrast....

Unfortunately, a few of the people and businesses I've contacted about possible sponsorships have decided to NOT sponsor the show. So, I'm still looking for sponsors. I am NOT looking to make money; I don't want the sponsors to pay all of the fees ... just part of them. I have a few ideas for ways to get the companies' message(s) across ... and have a little fun at the same time.

FORTUNATELY, I have the recordings that Stephen (tripleplate.com/carnuts.us) did of the radio shows ... part of April 6 and all of April 20 and 27. While I haven't decided on the best way to distribute copies ... if anyone is interested in receiving a FREE copy of any or all of these, please advise me.

"Chances that a fool takes, never knowing when to stop" ... Johnny Lee ... 'You Could've Heard A Heart Break'